Das Boot 2018 TV series

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 21, 2002
Hawaii
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Last edited:

Had a read of the IMDB reviews and watched the trailer so might give this a miss. I didn’t know the original movie had been made into a mini series though so I’m definitely gonna try and find that!!

Series 2 in full on SBS Demand.

Thoughts?
So I just finished season 2 now. I think the first was stronger but it was still good. The American plot line was boring but the uboat and resistance stories were great.

This is quality drama (with the odd iffy moment). Great acting. Season 3 has just come out and is apparently the best yet.

I suspect some of the early negative reviews are from some Das Boot film lovers who were expecting something else. I think the only thing it has in common with the movie is that it’s, well…also about uboats!

Watching series 3 now, up to episode 5. Very sombre atmosphere, not sure where it’s headed. Expecting Ehrenberg to save the day. Wonder if Hoffman will make it home 🤔
I finished S3 and thought it was pretty good. The naval plot arc was the best as usual, the Portuguese and German ones were slow but better than the American one of S2.
I liked how the captain came of age eventually having done the best thing possible for his crew by letting Ehrenberg lead Also that the writers sure aren’t afraid to kill off main characters! [/ISPOILER].

Remove this Banner Ad

Back