David Haynes

Remove this Banner Ad

ONE EYE

Senior List
Mar 3, 2001
PERTH,WA,AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
What has this guy done to Judgey? Week in week out he plays well for the Royals. He will get one game for the Eagles as a reward but is always out a week or two later. How can the guy gain confidence or pick up the tempo if he is not given a decent go. Maybe Judgey doesnt rate him. He is only 19. He needs to be given the opportunity to see if he is ready to step up.

A similar story can be told for Kane Munro.

Its no use playing Kemp or Matera as they can no longer last out a game. This happens far to often. Certainly we love these guys and if fit they will show an example to the young kids. But they are now losing us games. Each week we are left with 20 fit players versus 22.

Give the kids a decent go and look forward to the future. By not playing the kids this is exactly what Malthouse did. My view is you build on experience in the squad like the Australian cricket team does by rotating players.

GO EAGLES!

Haynes should definately get a bit more of a go. Munro needs to bulk up, he's just not quite able to match it with the FAL players he will come up against. Another player I think should be given a run is Buszan. Someone I know said maybe they don't want to play these players in a side losing so badly.

That's why I don't agree with the way a coach is pressured to give immediate results. I for one would encourage Judge to take his time - as a supporter I'm not going anywhere, and I hope the same can be said for the rest of you.

After 10yrs of success we are not used to failure, thats why we are calling for changes. The thing we fear most is that this rebuilding process will take a decade or two, like richmond, collingwood and St.Kilda have experienced.

People are saying we are gonna start challenging for the premiership in 2005, but I can't wait that long.

Another very obvious statisitic that freaked me out is that in a perfect world there would be 16 different premiers in 16 years of footy. Now if some of these teams win 2 premierships in that period, it leaves teams without a premiership. I'm hoping that the eagles won't be the team that misses out:(

I think the policy is sound. Give youngsters a go, but they need benching regularly with advice on how to play given on the bench. The leg up to AFL is a big one. After a learning lesson back to the WAFL for a full game to hone skills unless you have shown a definate ability to move up permanently. Kerr did this and Gaspar too. Cox is close but will need a year to mature and learn before being a true AFL player. Chambers is very close and needs an extended run. I thought Humm showed enough in Ansett cup to have been given more time. Buszan just has to be elevated and given a taste of AFL. I feel he may adapt like Kerr but we wont know if he doesn't get a go.

I think immediate success is something that can be accomplished with the right trades and picks and the youngsters getting more experience.

Look at the Dees, 99 they finished 14th, 2000 they lost in the grand final and now in 01 they look like missing the finals again. Look at Port, last year 2nd last this year top 4. What are we doing wrong if they can have 1 year turnarounds why cant we?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back