Dayne Beams

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Dane Beams

So what players would be available and please don't throw in spuds that no one would touch.

Wonder whether Bucks will want players or picks and sounds like players might be the go if Tippett is in the market.

Mick Malthouse seemed to have a very different opinion of Banfield compared to you paddy wacker. He had quite a few high praises for the youngster during last year's IR series against Ireland. Banfield is valuable to the Lions in his own way and Mick identified that. If we get pick 16 from Freo, would happily trade that for Beams. He is not elite, he is a very good player.

Mick Malthouse seemed to have a very different opinion of Banfield compared to you paddy wacker. He had quite a few high praises for the youngster during last year's IR series against Ireland. Banfield is valuable to the Lions in his own way and Mick identified that. If we get pick 16 from Freo, would happily trade that for Beams. He is not elite, he is a very good player.

Based on the guy we have apparently gotten in the GWS trade Banfield is no longer an option..as the kid is a replica of Banfield but can play midfield and has better hair ;)

Pick 16/compo pick and Griffin to Collingwood

Clark to Fremantle

Beams to Brisbane

Griffin wants to go home to SA for personal reasons so looks like he is ruled out.

Could get interesting if Toovey goes as he could be added into the mix also.

Griffin wants to go home to SA for personal reasons so looks like he is ruled out.

Could get interesting if Toovey goes as he could be added into the mix also.

Giffin is from WA. His wife is from SA.

He wanted home last year, his wife may want to go home. He most likely would like to get regular games. If Jolly retires that would happen.

Giffin is from WA. His wife is from SA.

He wanted home last year, his wife may want to go home. He most likely would like to get regular games. If Jolly retires that would happen.

I reckon we would be keen but he has said SA is his destination so unless he changes that we are not in the race.

In our case we could swap Toovey if he decides to go.

Pick 16/Compo pick+Polkinghorne for Beams would be close to fair.

Adding a fringe player who struggled to get games at a bottom 4 side & is no chance at getting games at the potential new club doesn't really sweeten the deal.

Adding a fringe player who struggled to get games at a bottom 4 side & is no chance at getting games at the potential new club doesn't really sweeten the deal.

Polkinghorne played 22 games in 2011 and is a solid footballer.

Polkinghorne + pick 16 wouldn't be that far off Beams. Sounds quite reasonable to me, to be perfectly honest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL .Um..Polkinghorne played all 22 games in season 2011..might want to know the facts prior to mouthin' off...;)...I wouldn't trade Polks

Pick 16/Compo pick+Polkinghorne for Beams would be close to fair.

Polkinghorne is solid, but is not the sort of player we need at all, and we'd be looking for players rather than picks I imagine.

The only two players on the Lions list other than the untouchables (RRR + Brown/Merrett/Luey) who could make a serious impact next year are Banfield and Adcock. If neither of those can be included, it'd have to be a 3-way. Drummond possibly too, but his age and injury history make him tough to value accurately.

So in all likelihood, if the worst case scenario happens and Beams requests a trade to the Lions, it'd need to be a 3-way deal.

Polkinghorne is solid, but is not the sort of player we need at all, and we'd be looking for players rather than picks I imagine.

The only two players on the Lions list other than the untouchables (RRR + Brown/Merrett/Luey) who could make a serious impact next year are Banfield and Adcock. If neither of those can be included, it'd have to be a 3-way. Drummond possibly too, but his age and injury history make him tough to value accurately.

So in all likelihood, if the worst case scenario happens and Beams requests a trade to the Lions, it'd need to be a 3-way deal.

If you lost Beams to us Polkinghorne could play a Beams type role, How ever I agree a 3 way trade would have to be done.

I would trade him(reluctantly) for another young quality player in Beams who is better.

May well be...but no way pick 16 & Polks.. that's paying way over for a player with off field baggage...Still got that lingering nasty aroma called Fev...;)

Why is collingwood trading Beams again? :confused:

Jaxson Barham is coming back to the club.
Well known fact Jax & Beamer had a falling out.
One has to go....see ya later Beamer!

What would collignwood fans want from us
Including pick 19?
Please refrain from putting ridiculous suggestions
eg. Hurley, heppell etc

What would collignwood fans want from us
Including pick 19?
Please refrain from putting ridiculous suggestions
eg. Hurley, heppell etc

I personally like the look of Myers. Could swing a deal somehow with a mix of picks.

In saying that, if the rumours that Beams wants to leave are true, those same rumours say he wants to head back to Gold Coast. He could possibly get to Brisbane.

I'd think any Beams trade will be linked to our ability to score a player in the mini-draft.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back