PS4 Days Gone

Remove this Banner Ad

Were these zombies really a threat? He was just jogging around with no sense of urgency. Never got any sense that these things could kill him.

Not sure what you mean, they swarmed over and killed the guy he was bounty hunting? Much greater sense of urgency than traditional shuffling zombies.

Graphically didn't seem that great for PS4 and the zombies appeared to have no intelligence and just ran around like a bunch of headless chickens. Looked pretty easy to shoot them too.

Guessing any real AI was turned off, probably other technical considerations too just to show a smooth demo. There was one stage on the roof where it looked like the lead zombie ran straight past him, almost clipped through him in fact.

I just don't get what the point was in taking on that hoard. He could clearly out run them and out manoeuvre them, why not just bolt back over the fence to your bike and **** off? Unless there was a specific item at the location just seems like a massive waste of ammo. In saying that, the amount of ammo that he had hardly makes it look like desperate times too.

Because video games? You could say similar things about certain situations in just about any other game.

Yeah true. Just not big on the entire "here's some gameplay that you'll never actually play" for the sake of advertising.

Yeah I know what you mean, but welcome to every E3 ever.

It is really done to death, state of decay, days gone, dying light, dead rising, dead island.... really hard to get excited for a new game of this type, Sony Bend did an amazing job of the uncharted vita game and you could see alot of naughty dog in that game play trailer which can be risky when you try to emulate a company like naughty dog too much. There's some elements there that could be decent, take way the zombies and add a stronger biker element to me would be more appealing.

They keep doing it because it sells, zombies are still popular. All those games you mentioned did very well and most of them have sequels on the way. Walking Dead still the biggest tv show in the world.

Trailer looked good, but the gameplay video left a lot to be desired for me.

Graphically didn't seem that great for PS4 and the zombies appeared to have no intelligence and just ran around like a bunch of headless chickens. Looked pretty easy to shoot them too. The graphics could probably be explained by the 720p because the trailer looked much better.

Like the idea of a sandbox survival game but not sold yet.
Really? I thought the game play trailer looked intense

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

I think it will be August/September release.

Having just completed State of Decay on my Xbox, i have to say i am so keen for this and S.O.D.2 to come out. Still a sucker for zombie games. Can't wait!

Hmm, not sure what to think from that video. Graphics look poor, game play a bit clunky.
Are the swarms gone? Maybe now just a rare occurrence in the story.

Reckon this could be a bit of a letdown.

hopefully a release date comes from this whole reveal

I think I saw somewhere when I was looking for more stuff at lunch time today it was 2019?

Hmm, not sure what to think from that video. Graphics look poor, game play a bit clunky.
Are the swarms gone? Maybe now just a rare occurrence in the story.

Reckon this could be a bit of a letdown.

This seems to be the general consensus from what I've seen around the net the last two days. Have to admit some ignorance here as I haven't been following it that closely after the initial announcement, but I assumed this would be the PS4's answer to State of Decay. However it's completely single player and looks like it's going to be more of an RPG? Nothing I've seen so far thrills me though but will keep an eye on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think I've moved past this game. Especially when The Last of Us 2 is set to come out next year as well.

It looks like it might be a bargain basement pickup for me when it goes down to 30 dollars lol

Im just shocked that zombies are still a thing.

State of Decay 2 , Overkills the Walking Dead, H1Z1, probs Day Z, all still to come out too. These guys are going to miss the boat big time

Im just shocked that zombies are still a thing.

Game Informer put that to the producer or lead or whatever he is straight off the bat. His reply was just something like “I like zombies”. Can’t argue with that I guess lol.

I don’t have any particular zombie itch but State of Decay 2 will scratch it.

Look goods to me even tho it's alpa stage.

Dead Rising meets The Last of Us imo
two great games. I sure hope it is a mix of the two

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back