Days since Richmond played in finals

Remove this Banner Ad

I said "the fail that keeps on failing" not "fail at failing". Therefore you fail, just like your beloved Ninthmond.

You can keep wanking over normal season fixtures, we're happy with the real success that we had recently. I'm happy with the fact that we have three premierships since the last final that you guys played in, which you guys got milned by us.

You said nothing but I know what you wrote, as for failing what is this thing with Brisbane supporters, while failing badly yourselves you have fooled yourselves into believing that you are going somewhere and you are somehow relevant to anyone outside Brisbane:D

Under Voss who was made coach more for his hero status in Brisbane than his ability as a coach and who may I add again has never beaten his well schooled adversary Hardwick you have gone from a finals side to a bottom 6 side while our win loss and percentage and overall competitiveness is improving each year.

It is hard to see where the improvement in the Lions to become a finals team will come from and at a time when the AFL are too pre occupied with their two new franchises to yet again drag the Bears/Lions off the bottom or gift them a sacrificial lamb, or in your teams case it was a sacrificial Lion, your position on the ladder is unlikely to change in the near future so I am not sure where all this bravado comes from, but if you are happy with the lions recent form then good luck to you, you're going to need it.

As you are dragging up flags from a decade and more ago, let me state I am happy to have been around for 5 Richmond flags, bit young to enjoy the first but the other 4 were damn good, in 20 years when the Lions are still to win their 4th flag believe me, you will be dragging up those old memories from 30 years ago as well.

Finals from the AFL or the VFL? Because they are fairly different competitions you won flags in. You HAVE won flags in the AFL, right?

This is the argument of someone that has just lost the argument, check the AFL site if you want facts instead of your own personnel opinion, here is the link, it is exactly the same competition rename only and new franchises added when you entered and some new teams and franchises since then.
http://www.afl.com.au/development/aflexplained/history/tabid/10296/default.aspx

Only change as far as I know apart from a name change which happens often in business and was done purely to satiate the interstate fraternity, is that some new franchises and clubs were added to our already existing competition, similar to what has happened since your last flag, so surely if adding teams diminishes our flags then the same will apply to yours as the competition has changed considerably since you last won anything?

It was statistically more difficult to win a flag when we won ours as there was a lesser percentage of the whole competition able to reach the finals, also the number of teams back then was only twelve so each team was often filled with more talent than the teams in these days where roughly the same population has to cater for an extra 6 teams so I would say each of our flags is at least as valuable as yours and we did it without assistance, something that cant be said about any of your flags.

As for your question, no, as you would know if you read the above AFL history, none of ours have been won since the rename and none of yours have been won since the further expansion of the competition, but again as the history of the AFL clearly shows, that makes no difference, we have ten flags you have 4 they all count, as it is all these 14 flags are now history and as you will note if you bother to educate yourself football wise by reading the AFL history you will see that it is the same history as the old VFL's, why, because they are the same competition, accept it and move on.

This is the argument of someone that has just lost the argument, check the AFL site if you want facts instead of your own personnel opinion, here is the link, it is exactly the same competition rename only and new franchises added when you entered and some new teams and franchises since then.
http://www.afl.com.au/development/aflexplained/history/tabid/10296/default.aspx

Only change as far as I know apart from a name change which happens often in business and was done purely to satiate the interstate fraternity, is that some new franchises and clubs were added to our already existing competition, similar to what has happened since your last flag, so surely if adding teams diminishes our flags then the same will apply to yours as the competition has changed considerably since you last won anything?

It was statistically more difficult to win a flag when we won ours as there was a lesser percentage of the whole competition able to reach the finals, also the number of teams back then was only twelve so each team was often filled with more talent than the teams in these days where roughly the same population has to cater for an extra 6 teams so I would say each of our flags is at least as valuable as yours and we did it without assistance, something that cant be said about any of your flags.

As for your question, no, as you would know if you read the above AFL history, none of ours have been won since the rename and none of yours have been won since the further expansion of the competition, but again as the history of the AFL clearly shows, that makes no difference, we have ten flags you have 4 they all count, as it is all these 14 flags are now history and as you will note if you bother to educate yourself football wise by reading the AFL history you will see that it is the same history as the old VFL's, why, because they are the same competition, accept it and move on.

Wonder if I hit a nerve here for you to do THAT much research.

Because Bay13 is the hive of intellectual argumenting.

EDIT: Also, with this information, Port Adelaide is officially better then your flog of a team. Well done!

So who will you be supporting when Geelong slips back down the ladder?

Nothing worse than fair weather supporters, no character or inner strength gained in always supporting the winners.

Having said that I have seen my club win more flags than you have seen your club win so the "misery" as you put it, is tempered by our great history of success.

all im saying was that it would suck, and you have my pity.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ :D

I was at that final 2001 and remember cocky Tiger fans laughing at Kouta's knee injury and how they were going to the granny.

Also a couple of them made disrespectful GO TIGES shouts during the 9/11 minute's silence.

Reckon those clowns copped their karma for 10 plus years of misery since.
So Carltfilth have copped karma and misery for the past 12 years for being filthy dirty cheats of the afl ..
1 finals win and 3 wooden spoons in 12 years and you want to mouth off ..
Chri$$ Juda$$$ 1 finals win in 5 years FAIL at caltscum lmao ..
Also cheated in 95 all FACTS suck that up haha..

ref_4101.jpg
Bumping your own thread because no one else gives a ****
Flog

Bumping your own thread because no one else gives a ****
Flog

David King thinks you will finish top 4.

The pressure is on the Tigers to perform next year.

You need to make finals next year or else the knives will be out for Hardwick.

David King thinks you will finish top 4.

The pressure is on the Tigers to perform next year.

You need to make finals next year or else the knives will be out for Hardwick.
We cant control outside expectation and fancy so sftu

I hope they play finals this year, coz if not well it's looking grim.

Go get em Tuggers:thumbsu:
Hope not, I can't imagine how arrogant their supporters will be if they actually got a genuine sniff of success.

I think most will cherish the experience, unlike flogs who jump on 3 teams back and bask in the glory of AFL concessions
Not as bad as flogs who jump on a certain powerhouse team from the 80's and bask in the glory of VFL concessions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That would have been back in the good old days when Essendon had a place they could call home, back before the bowls club kicked them out:rolleyes:
16-10, couldn't care where they kicked us. 16-10. Maybe kick us up to the gold coast.16-10. nah, big clubs don't sell their souls interstate. 16-10.

Simple fact is well run clubs make the finals these days ... no finals in the last what? 12 years ... pretty much sums up how Richmond has been run ... will be interesting to see if they make it this year ... will be a very competitive year with about 12 clubs vying for 8 spots ... I mean the law of probability states they should make it eventually right??

But then again there is a decent argument to me made that Richmond does not follow the natural order that is the universe!

Simple fact is well run clubs make the finals these days ... no finals in the last what? 12 years ... pretty much sums up how Richmond has been run ... will be interesting to see if they make it this year ... will be a very competitive year with about 12 clubs vying for 8 spots ... I mean the law of probability states they should make it eventually right??

But then again there is a decent argument to me made that Richmond does not follow the natural order that is the universe!
What's the saying about a broken clock ? Even it get's it right twice a day !

What's the saying about a broken clock ? Even it get's it right twice a day !

Just means that every year each team has about a 45% chance of playing finals .... the fact that RFC has only played twice in 30 years .... especially in a competition where factors are introduced to even it out and the fact that it is a strong Vic club shows that doesn't follow the natural laws of the universe.

RFC is a fail all unto itself ... which for me is a shame as a strong RFC is good for the competition.

I would love to have another Carlton v Richmond final .... sadly I probably only have another 60 years to live so just cannot see it happening :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back