Universal Love Dear Collingwood... thank you!

Remove this Banner Ad

This finishing second is a great achievement mentality has to end. Yes be proud but reviews and focus needs to be implemented to find out why some of our players seem to reserve there worse game for the year in the GF. Swan in 2011 along with the rest of the rat pack (beams didnt even play) and yesterday our 4 best players in Pendles, Steele, Treloar and Grundy had shockers. Should have won if they had an even average game. Hawthorn dont do proud of second place.
I agree with the sentiment and it's clear from Buckley's comments both before and after the GF that internally second isn't good enough, which is certainly the right mindset. It doesn't mean us fans can't reflect positively though.

In terms of the players picked out
  • Pendlebury - while it's not the first quiet GF he's had he's very much approaching the twilight of his career. Thought he was okay in patches, but didn't dominant the match. Do we re-consider his role? Wing? Coming off the back of the square?
  • Sidebottom - was tagged out of the match for the third time this year by Hutchings who played his part superbly. Sidebottom doesn't get tagged often, but it's certainly something he needs to work on. I liked the move of Sidebottom forward, but reckon we could have tried it earlier.
  • Treloar - he's lacked that burst of pace that makes him great since returning from his hamstrings. I thought yesterday was his best four quarter display of this final's campaign albeit his last quarter against GWS was better quality.
  • Grundy - like Sidebottom the eagles continued their winning plan and we failed to adjust. Lycett is a very underrated ruck and with Vardy makes a very good combination. Both are more than handy as the third tall forward too. Together they were able to outwork Grundy and Gawn for that matter. I reckon the hawks with 2 rucks would have been better equiped, perhaps playing Moore in addition to Cox would have helped give Grundy an extra chop-out.

This finishing second is a great achievement mentality has to end. Yes be proud but reviews and focus needs to be implemented to find out why some of our players seem to reserve there worse game for the year in the GF. Swan in 2011 along with the rest of the rat pack (beams didnt even play) and yesterday our 4 best players in Pendles, Steele, Treloar and Grundy had shockers. Should have won if they had an even average game. Hawthorn dont do proud of second place.
Agree with basics of this, l believe none of them wants to be second, and the will review it, l am sure of it and hopefully we will not be second again.

Win lose or draw,I still love the Pies and probably will until my last breath but I am depressed today and probably will be for a while.

A big thank you.

Very very very good year.

Now we learn, we move forward, we improve, fill the last few pieces and hopefully win the game that counts.

But im speaking the truth?

Mate your team lost by under 1 kick.

Did you seriously expect us to play, let alone win the premiership before the start of the season?

Cheer up and have some respect for the 22 kids who give it their all each week while you sit on your arse whinging about them for not making your life better.

Thanks for never giving on.

Because they never did, they might have lost, but they never threw it in.
This.

I was absolutely devastated yesterday and lost for words. I went straight home. Shattered.

Now in the morning I’ve had some time to think. I’m still gutted about the loss and how close we came. One lucky snap from the pack when it was in our 50 and it would have been ours I reckon. But we were close. We played great football and never stopped fighting. We didn’t do what Melbourne did at undo all their good work with one embarrassing annihilation. We toughed it out and damn near bloody stole the thing.

I was worried a loss would make me not remember 2018 fondly. I was wrong. Great season. Love these boys.

Hey guys see yuz in a few weeks maybe..
Pretty devastated and cant read any positive or negative comments on the game..
We were in front all bloody day
Shattered

Thank you Pies from players coaches up to Eddie. The team and club showed a steely reserve like I have not seen for many years.

The supporters bonded and you get a sense that the loss will really galvanize the players and coaches. I cannot imagine the Adams Treloars Maynards Crisps DeGoeys Grundy's to name a few being even more driven next season.
Well done on a magnificent season and well done West coast and thank god it wasnt Richmond

Like all of us I'm gutted at the result.

But I want to thank the club for something very special this year - the reinvention of our ethos. I walk away from this season as a fan truly believing that we've found something that's bigger than Ws and Ls and stats and flags. It's the removal of the burden of expectation that comes with being Collingwood. The inkling that the ceiling for all of this is very high, much higher than we can even imagine. That we can play with freedom and joy and care for one another and put footy where it needs to be - in its' place as a great, fantastic game, but a game nonetheless. Collingwood is about its' people, and I feel more connected to that than in all my time as a supporter.

Thank you CFC.

Sorry for the intrusion. I have enormous respect for the pies. You showed remarkable courage, resilience and strength through the season given you had loss all of your key defenders with knee injuries, Elliot, Reid and Wells didn't get on the park its remarkable. Not once did Buckley use that as an excuse.

You have the mix to go all the way. You have the games best midfield and added Dayne Beams, A match winning freak in Degoey, the games best ruckman. A dangerous forward line. Cox will only get better. All the best for 2019 look forward to many battles against against the pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back