Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 18, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
University
Here's to Hawthorn for...

1990: round 20 - Hawthorn (26.7.163) d Collingwood (12.8.80)
2010: round 22 - Hawthorn (15.8.98) d Collingwood (13.17.95)
2023: round 21 - Hawthorn (16.9.105) d Collingwood (11.7.73)

Collingwood 1990 premiers
Collingwood 2010 premiers
Collingwood 2023 premiers

and here's to them generously donating Tom Mitchell and paying much of his 2023 salary to accelerate their rebuild

and lastly, here's to them for warming up Graham Wright to come here and acquire a number of key players in our premiership team.

Forgiveness is given to you for the endless stretch of turmoil your club has etched into our home and away seasons of the last 20 years. Keep doing what you're doing.

Here's to Hawthorn for...

1990: round 20 - Hawthorn (26.7.163) d Collingwood (12.8.80)
2010: round 22 - Hawthorn (15.8.98) d Collingwood (13.17.95)
2023: round 21 - Hawthorn (16.9.105) d Collingwood (11.7.73)

Collingwood 1990 premiers
Collingwood 2010 premiers
Collingwood 2023 premiers

and here's to them generously donating Tom Mitchell and paying much of his 2023 salary to accelerate their rebuild

and lastly, here's to them for warming up Graham Wright to come here and acquire a number of key players in our premiership team.

Forgiveness is given to you for the endless stretch of turmoil your club has etched into our home and away seasons of the last 20 years. Keep doing what you're doing.

Hawthorn won its first game (by one point) at Victoria Park in 1960, 35 years after entering the VFL. Since then Hawthorn has won 13 premierships; Collingwood an inaugural club of the VFL has just won its 16th flag.

Hawthorn got no special deals when it entered the VFL i.e. no access to priority picks as is the rational for delivering GC, GWS, melbourne and north handouts. Hawthorn just did it the hard way; no complaints just got on with it.

Currently, Hawthorn sits alongside West Coast and Colingwood as the clubs receiving the least in distributions from the AFL. All up, I would say Hawthorn pulls its weight and even when not performing well on the field is remarkably resiient. Not bad, for a club that has come from humble beginnings and waited 35 years to record a win at Victoria Park.

i couldnt give a stuff about hawthorn at this moment... this is the first time that I've thought about em since we played them.

I gave them a nod when mentioning Olly henry and his poor career choice. Good bless Sam Mitchell for throwing Tom on the scrap heap and providing the very valuable steakknives to make that trade happen.

I gave them a nod when mentioning Olly henry and his poor career choice. Good bless Sam Mitchell for throwing Tom on the scrap heap and providing the very valuable steakknives to make that trade happen.

actually the only time i think about hawthorn is when i think about how strategic they have been over the last 70 years. While we've been thumping our chests being the biggest club in the country, they focus on winning premierships. But other than that, I dont think much about them

Hawthorn are a great club and if we were as successful we would 30 flags think about,but they along with Carlton were give give very ripe zones in the 60,s,70,s and 80,s and they both cashed in big time, we went 32 yrs without a flag,Geelong 44 and Melbourne 47yrs the outlier to this Richmond who were given no special benefits but still snagged 4 flags in that era a great achievement.

I do not hate Hawthorn but Carlton for the size of the club were given too many riches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back