Review Round 21 = Hawthorn 105-73 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Turnovers
Kicking in general was terrible.
Because the opposition pressured us into doing so, like the 45 deg kicks into corridor they pressured us into errors, same with our run / handball game.
Sometimes we would play a quarter or two and win it from there. But when was the last time we played a full 4 quarters? Not in a while, thats for sure.
Because our game style is so taxing it cannot be sustained all game, let alone week in week out. Much like 2018.

The irony is we'll likely need to play that game style - all game - to win finals, confidence is low.
Murphy will be a loss. But Frampton will come in.
That doesn't give much confidence.

Last edited:

We've all done it DW. Pity about the injuries though. Damn. Why now? Why Daicos!? Murphy too is important though I think we can cover.
The footy gods hate us.

Was there - complete waste of time - we were beyond appalling - minor consolation was semi-reasonable hot jam donuts post game. We fitted the "retro round" very well - played like the worst of the NCB era.
Played like the Tony Shaw era

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not to nag put players, but does any of you think all these in season contract extensions distract the players from what they need to be focused on? I never liked it from the get-go. I have seen many players drop their form after signing their contract. It might be a psychological thing, I dont know. Why can't they do these in the off season?

Not to nag put players, but does any of you think all these in season contract extensions distract the players from what they need to be focused on? I never liked it from the get-go. I have seen many players drop their form after signing their contract. It might be a psychological thing, I dont know. Why can't they do these in the off season?
I feel like it's damned if you, damned if you don't. If you don't extend a player and their form drops, would people speculate that it's because of the uncertainty?

When he was in there in the last quarter the waltzing stopped and he got his hands on it both for a clearance and a dead ball, hence he did in fact change the timbre of the game.
Hawks went from having their way with our nominal set up to losing and breaking even.
Problem was the game was all but over.

He also got involved in general play a few times, given the limited minutes I'd suggest his impact was noticeable.

We had dead balls while he wasn’t there, none of them changed the waltzing or the timbre of the game. Happy for you to think otherwise. He gets involved in general play when playing high HF. One of his tackles at CHB he ran from contest to contest all the way from F50.

People talking proudly about leaving at 3QTR time in a season we've won more games than any other team. The most fair weather of supporters you could ever meet. If we win next weekend the same people will be talking about how much they love the club. Before the season people were saying Collingwood were not going to make finals. Look at us now. We will prove them wrong again.

Who cares.. pay your money do what you want.

Players have little involvement other giving a thumbs up/down to their manager and signing the contract I’d assume.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back