Toast Round 11 = Collingwood 105-70 North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure I'd go that far, but we are very talented across the board, and very diverse in terms of player strengths and attributes. We barely have a weakness, and if someone has a quiet game its rarely two in a row. Also haven't heard any of our regular senior players called 'vanilla' this season - because none of them are!

Think he was saying it's his favourite side rather than the best Pies side he's seen.

2011 probably had more talent on paper but this years version is hard to top in the likeability stakes.

I agree with you

But this particular incident with Jack was a clear example where he should have handballed off

Not the end of the world, just pointed it out because I thought of it after seeing a post talking about how selfless he was
I don't think selfless/selfish is the right description. Is it selfish or selfless to hand responsibility to someone else - Beau and Hill do that a fair bit - I don't think it's either selfish or selfless - I think it's not being as confident as they should be. ginni is more inclined ot back himself in - but that's his role in the same way that Nick will take the field kick when he's got a handball option in a similar position.

They both put some teams to the sword like vs Freo in 2017 Richmond won by 104 points.

I'm not talking about going undefeated, more putting the sword to the teams we should and not being complacent.
We play with less dare when we have a gap on the opposition. I'm assuming that its strategic more than complacent.

2002 against the Lions in their prime. Roof on and we announced we were back. I reckon the loudest crowd i have ever heard at the footy.

Tarrant’s mark! Kicked it up to himself while being held. Phenomenal.

Macrae, Carmichael and Allan probably need exposure at some point. Fly said he won't be managing boys so it'll be an interesting watch.
Fly won't be "managing" players. But players who have shown good form in the VFL will get games at some stage.
There might be a "general soreness" call on a player, which won't mean "managed".
IIRC Fly also hinted some weeks back that there would be debuts during the season.

Can't remember whether it was the first or third quarter (It was at my end of the ground, I was in the AFL members which is why it was either first or third).

He got the ball in the pocket, turned around to look at the goals, literally had 2 team mates only 5-10 metres away to give off a handball and despite having an opponent clearly in front of him, he still chose to try and do the miracle goal thing and burned two of his team mates.

Both looked incredibly disappointed (one being Jamie) and I think at least one let him know.

It was super obvious so I'm shocked more didn't notice.
Maybe it was payback for when Jamie burned him with 1:47 to go in round 23 last year so Jamie could take all the glory for ending Carlton. ;)

2002 against the Lions in their prime. Roof on and we announced we were back. I reckon the loudest crowd i have ever heard at the footy.
I actually remembered after I wrote that the Adelaide game from 2011. 11 goal last quarter or something. Krak took mark of the year, Taz kicked a late goal and grabbed his jumper. Brilliant night

I actually remembered after I wrote that the Adelaide game from 2011. 11 goal last quarter or something. Krak took mark of the year, Taz kicked a late goal and grabbed his jumper. Brilliant night
yep that was a beauty also.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That game was water torture until the last quarter. Wanted to pull my hair out.

Lack of Effort and Intensity in last qtr was Appalling.

We beat North but North was just as much reason then our play why they lost

Bit of a Worry with Goldstein Destroying Cox and Cameron

Though any Win is better then any Loss

I think I read somewhere that North is the top clearance team in the comp? No shame in getting smashed in the clearances by them. As Fly said, we’re a work in progress.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back