Unofficial Preview Round 11: Pies v North Melbourne, Marvel. 28 May, 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think we should rest AJ or Checkers yet, too important structurely. Rest the when mcstay comes back.

If I was AJ I wouldn't be taking the offer to rest , if that's how it's framed. I imagine he'll take every opportunity he can to hold his spot if it's a question of only one of AJ/McStay. I'd like to see both but whether that can be done if we have everyone available I'm not sure. Perhaps just against certain teams based on match ups

I’ve only just seen it for this match. Maybe a Marvel home game thing.

As for Carlton, maybe most members would trade games from now on and barely have any supporters go watch 🤣
Reckon it was on offer for the Giants or Swans match at the MCG two weeks ago

Or how far Adams has fallen off - he is a coach favourite and won’t get dropped but should make way for Lippa
Probably a lot of awkwardness saved if he was made captain over Moore

Personally, id try find someone else to drop. If De Goey or Mitchell went down during play, hes insurance to cover them. Hes not bad at getting forward for a goal and tackle. Im starting to see him more as a handy rotating player

My observations on Adams....he has been playing half forward which is an unfamiliar position for him. Twitch has taken his position at the moment. Adams has been, and still is, a warrior and for someone who is injury prone, I think it's been a great positioning move to protect his body at the moment from bash & crash contests. We can afford this little luxury whilst we are winning and Titch is doing what he does best.

For this week, I would give Elliot a rest, play Cox as a permanent forward and Cameron full game in the ruck.

Carmichael deserves at least a sub

In : Carmichael
Our : Elliot (managed)

Its best debate to have. Typical of boards in the premiership window

Many more to come when Howe and Lipinski are fit

Hopefully everyone keeps kind

Yep spot on.

People are almost overlooking Frampton and forgetting his performance v Tom Lynch and then how good he was as temporary ruckman.

Imagine if we had him to cover Mckay on the weekend with Murphy as the 3rd man in.

Yep spot on.

People are almost overlooking Frampton and forgetting his performance v Tom Lynch and then how good he was as temporary ruckman.

Imagine if we had him to cover Mckay on the weekend with Murphy as the 3rd man in.

I think most people would have Frampton in the side once he has recovered from the shagging injury (groin).

No time to take it easy.
Right now is when you show your intent to the rest of the competition.
We should annihilate North, foot on the throat stuff.

North supporters at the ground and on TV should be covering their children's eyes.

Yep spot on.

Even his club debut against Dixon, whilst it got off to a bumpy start, ended full of merit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least Oleg has been better than most expected.
Hoping he keeps it up.
Ultimately I'll go with whatever Fly chooses to do.
He's the man and I am not.
He's been good.
If we get everyone fit for finals, I think he, Ginni and a couple of talls are going to be very unlucky.

Very big if though. The great news is that it's really only Moore, Nick, Mitchell and JDG that would be really hurtful if they got injured. The others we can cover without a big drop off.

My observations on Adams....he has been playing half forward which is an unfamiliar position for him. Twitch has taken his position at the moment. Adams has been, and still is, a warrior and for someone who is injury prone, I think it's been a great positioning move to protect his body at the moment from bash & crash contests. We can afford this little luxury whilst we are winning and Titch is doing what he does best.

For this week, I would give Elliot a rest, play Cox as a permanent forward and Cameron full game in the ruck.

Carmichael deserves at least a sub

In : Carmichael
Our : Elliot (managed)
Good call. Adams provides a hardness to this side that will serve at the pointy end. He has his average moments but always bounces back. Resting Elliott, a certain selection, makes sense to me. We are tracking well, 2011 showed why pacing the team wins the big one.

No time to take it easy.
Right now is when you show your intent to the rest of the competition.
We should annihilate North, foot on the throat stuff.

North supporters at the ground and on TV should be covering their children's eyes.
That is about 38 eyeballs in total.

Good call. Adams provides a hardness to this side that will serve at the pointy end. He has his average moments but always bounces back. Resting Elliott, a certain selection, makes sense to me. We are tracking well, 2011 showed why pacing the team wins the big one.
.... 2011 showed Mick's true colours.

Not sure if that is a good idea. I got up this morning and looked at myself in the mirror, it wasn't pretty:(

Can you PM me a picture of that. Been baby sitting some toddlers lately and need something to keep them back from the fireplace.

He's been good.
If we get everyone fit for finals, I think he, Ginni and a couple of talls are going to be very unlucky.

Very big if though. The great news is that it's really only Moore, Nick, Mitchell and JDG that would be really hurtful if they got injured. The others we can cover without a big drop off.
id add checkers to that list

There also wasn't a bye the week before finals started back in 2011..I'm sure that would have helped us that year too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back