Game Day Round 10: Collingwood v Carlton, Sunday 21 May, 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I suggested last week that GWS would provide us with a pretty relaxed game of dwarf-tossing. They were dwarfs rather than giants, I wrote, and so it proved to be. The nice thing was it allowed us to get back to the devastating style of game of the start of our season. Nice. Cox’s performance was superlative – he was the real giant – and I have confidence he can be consistently good. A quick mention for De Goey: the focus on Nick Daicos has let Jordy fly under the radar. And by fly, I mean smash, bullock, devastate, break clear of the contest, drive missiles into the enemy territory. He has finally become the player he’s threatened to become.

I don’t expect any changes this week, unless injury strikes. I don’t go with the idea of bringing in Cameron. Who makes way for him? Johnson? That would be crazy. Maybe McInnis or Ginnivan, who didn’t play well against the giants. I wouldn’t do it, but I can see the argument for it.

The Evil Enemy: The Blues

Look, let’s not sugar coat things. The blues are up there with war-criminals in the moral order of the universe. I believe in redemption for everyone, and what this looks like is: them disbanding the club, tearing down Princes Park, sowing salt into the ground so evil can never again spring up, apologising to everyone, and asking for their song to be banned in public. Personally, I want apologies for: 1. Johnson extracting the ball from the centre one lonely day in the 1980s, as I listened to the radio as a kid, devastated that we were losing. 2. Salary cap cheating. 3. Giving Judd an “ambassador” role or whatever it was as a way of …. salary cap cheating. 4. Their recent presidents, odious every one of them. 5. The stolen grand finals, more unethical acts in a career of moral degeneracy. 6. Jack Silvagni’s head.

Now that we have set the record straight, we can take great joy in their current plight. And I do. Their “twin towers” aren’t clicking. Harry MacKay thinks the football is a balloon, and his kicks go everywhere. Their captain is slogging his way through, unable to reach the heights of recent years. They have a bunch or hard-at-it battlers, whose skills are mediocre. They have no real small forwards that are making an impact. Only Saad gives them zip from the backline – stop him and they’re stagnant. They’re missing Williams and Martin, two players they stole from other clubs and who give them the run and class they need. All in all, they’re struggling.

But they should be making finals, because they do actually have the talent on their list.

The Washup

Expect the Blues to put up a good fight. If they can click, they’ll be dangerous. Charlie Curnow is the biggest danger, and Jeremy Howe would usually go with him. Murphy is too slow and Moore is better suited to Harry McKay. The injuries to our talls might hurt us this week. But if our midfield does its job, we can survive this.

We’ll have to shut Saad down and watch McGovern’s intercepts and Walsh’s run.

But we will beat them in the midfield – match them for hardball and scythe through them when the ball is on the outside. And our game plan and execution are just better than theirs. They stutter and halt and have crises of moral conscience about all the evil they have done; we flow and glide and devastate with the freedom and joy of the righteous.

If there is a God in this universe, we will crush them until they begin to see their ethical emptiness, their moral turpitude.

This is a crusade, a religious war – let the mighty Magpies prevail.

The Pies by 23 points! In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti. Amen.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fingers crossed Frampton is ready. We need to contain Curnow and McKay and we'll beat Carlton, so we really need two key defenders with Murphy as a third tall. Moore to Curnow and Frampton to McKay.
At the moment it doesn’t seem to matter too much about Curnow or Harry. It’s more of making sure the supply to them continues to be disconnected and haphazard.

Darcy Cameron at the game stated to my mate that he is good to go for next week. Would be bloody unlucky for anyone to miss after todays performance.

At the moment it doesn’t seem to matter too much about Curnow or Harry. It’s more of making sure the supply to them continues to be disconnected and haphazard.
That's what we thought about Daniher and Hipwood what we were about to play brisbane, and they kicked 8 between them against us.

We still need to have our best team against them to shut them down, or we'll get beaten.

We need Frampton rucking with Cox next week. Johnson not a good selection in ruck with Carlton’s midfields getting a lot of the ball against dogs.
Pendles I think is injured after getting subbed tonight so with Carmichael smashing VFL he’s in for McInnes.
In Frampton Carmichael
Out Pendles McInnes

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Reef needs a proper run at it.

Cameron a run in vfl

Carmichael needs a game

We need to win a flag with this squad as too many depth players are gonna leave for more opportunity

2023 bring home the bacon pies
Whenever we do end up winning our next flag I hope it’s part of three or four within that decade. Would love to see our turn at a mini Dynasty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back