Unofficial Preview Round 11: Pies v North Melbourne, Marvel. 28 May, 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

When Steele Sidebottom played his 1st game in May 2009, Scott Pendlebury was running out for game number 62. 14 years on and and that gap has only increased by a small amount (299 & 367). Just goes to show how consistent these two champions of our great club have been.

Congratulations On the upcoming milestone Steele.

Have a feeling Fly won’t be resting anyone leading up to the bye unless injury or illness or form demands it. Our older players seem fit and well. I‘d rather us go full tilt into the bye. Resting players or promoting youngsters on the perception our opposition is a class below risks sending the wrong message. I love it when youngsters are blooded in big matches. Let’s bank these two matches, while those below us on the ladder fight amongst themselves and we’ll have even more leeway to bring players in post bye.
Posted this thinking the bye was before Kings birthday, my bad, not paying attention as my teachers used to say.
Can see why we may not take someone with a niggle to WA now or give someone in good form in the VFL a run.

When Steele Sidebottom played his 1st game in May 2009, Scott Pendlebury was running out for game number 62. 14 years on and and that gap has only increased by a small amount (299 & 367). Just goes to show how consistent these two champions of our great club have been.

My maths has the gap decreasing. Your praise is spot on

No idea.
I am shaking my head at how apt your name is.
In what world can you say that a gap that was 61 and is now 68 is decreasing.

Oh and I didn't even use one of those fandangled calculator thingamajigs. Just my brain.
Yeah well my brain occasionally goes on a holiday. Don't know where or why but it does. You gotta take the good with the bad.

Be interesting in Norfff back in the kids who nearly beat Sydney or recall all of Zurhaar Corr Cunnington Tucker Tarryn Thomas etc

Be interesting in Norfff back in the kids who nearly beat Sydney or recall all of Zurhaar Corr Cunnington Tucker Tarryn Thomas etc
Don't think it will matter. Those names don't inspire fear but I see where you're coming from. They might try and make a bit of a statement against us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could it be that he is playing a different role this year with Mitchell coming in. Our clearance structures were a bit poor last year and Adams role is now more to block the gun midfielders of opposition clubs and allow Mitchell and JDG to get the ball out, it seems to be working. His decision making has always been a bit sus.
I think you are on the money there... defineyley a different role , now that Titch is in theside..

The only way we could possibly drop this is if we completely don’t even remotely show up on the day. I highly doubt Fly will have the playing group living in the worries of ‘Will our system work at Marvel?’

It may not necessarily be a 100 point thrashing or anything as much as we’d love it, but we’ll ‘play the minutes’ as we always do.

The only way we could possibly drop this is if we completely don’t even remotely show up on the day. I highly doubt Fly will have the playing group living in the worries of ‘Will our system work at Marvel?’

It may not necessarily be a 100 point thrashing or anything as much as we’d love it, but we’ll ‘play the minutes’ as we always do.
Fly has already mentioned they want to celebrate Steeles 300th during the week so they’ll be up

Well back him in. He’s dropped off a little bit recently but posters gleefully calling for him to be axed is really poor form.

Nobody is gleefully looking to axe him. I think we've all loved and admired what he's done for our club. The half forward role does not suit him. When Lippa is fit then it's going to be a very interesting watch on selection.

The Carlton game on the weekend for me ended any fears I've ever held onto that this team would ever "take a game lightly".

Even without the milestones, I fully expect we would have come out hard regardless.

Yep, what a privilige to watch these 2 legends do their thing for so long.

Would love nothing more than to see both of them win another flag.

Hard to make many changes at the moment...
Have a feeling we will be keen to put on a performance this week in Steele's 300th and Mason's 100th.

With Howe, Lipinski, McStay and Frampton still unavailable due to injury and no VFL game over the weekend it's hard to see much changing from the 23 that ran out against Carlton.

Carmichael, Macrae and Harrison the obvious 3 on the cusp... We might see a couple of them come in for West Coast in Perth the week later.

At this stage, no change. Maybe give Adams the sub vest this week?

Start big Coxy in the goal square, get the ball into him quickly and get him a bag.

B - Quaynor Moore Maynard
HB - Crisp Murphy N.Daicos
C - J.Daicos DeGoey Sidebottom
HF - McCreery Johnson Elliott
F - Cox Mihochek Hill
R - Cameron Mitchell Pendlebury
INT - Noble Ginnivan WHE Markov
SUB - Adams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back