Toast Round 11 = Collingwood 105-70 North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Bobby has been great and very exciting to watch but Mitchell is the recruit that's making a huge difference for us, he is exactly what we lacked last year and we basically got him for free 😃
Agree mate. Could not believe we got him.
Has not let us down. Magnificent

Bobby has been great and very exciting to watch but Mitchell is the recruit that's making a huge difference for us, he is exactly what we lacked last year and we basically got him for free 😃
Wasn’t a big fan of that recruitment.
Firmly in the Buckley camp of “he gets it a lot but isn’t damaging”.
And to be truthful, he still has some periods where he doesn’t damage with his possessions.
But he has made a huge difference in clearances.
As a supporter though, do I get up and around when Mitchell gets the ball?
Or do I get up and around and get Didak vibes when Bobby swoops on the loose ball?
I think you know the answer.
Bobby is the excitement machine. As stated, haven’t had that feeling since the mercurial number 4 displayed his skills.

And to be truthful, he still has some periods where he doesn’t damage with his possessions.
Or do I get up and around and get Didak vibes when Bobby swoops on the loose ball?
Bobby is the excitement machine. As stated, haven’t had that feeling since the mercurial number 4 displayed his skills.
The bottom line is that our off-season recruiting has been bang on the money - Bobby, Titch & Frampton.
The jury is still out on McStay, because he hasn't played enough, but his impact on our forward structure in the first couple of games was pretty good.

The bottom line is that our off-season recruiting has been bang on the money - Bobby, Titch & Frampton.
The jury is still out on McStay, because he hasn't played enough, but his impact on our forward structure in the first couple of games was pretty good.
don’t forget the moustachioed one, he’s been handy.

Ball wasn’t an excitement machine either, but his inclusion was one of the main reasons we won in 2010. Hopefully Mitchell can provide the same impact.

Ball wasn’t an excitement machine either, but his inclusion was one of the main reasons we won in 2010. Hopefully Mitchell can provide the same impact.

Great post in support of Mitch and yes, there's something very Luke Ball about his contribution. His work at the bottom of the packs this year has enabled JDG to do what he does and has transformed our productivity in clearances.

A very important distinction I must point out is that Mitch doesn't have Luke's dreamy blue eyes.

I love watching Mitchell at work. He is always in the game getting the hard ball and dishing out hand passes. OK, his kicking can be a bit loopy, but I can't agree with Buckley. Anyone able to win clearances and dish the ball out to teammates is always damaging. Bobby serves another role in the side - sometimes like last week a prolific and exciting speed machine, other times quiet. But both contribute in their own way to our success.

I love watching Mitchell at work. He is always in the game getting the hard ball and dishing out hand passes. OK, his kicking can be a bit loopy, but I can't agree with Buckley. Anyone able to win clearances and dish the ball out to teammates is always damaging. Bobby serves another role in the side - sometimes like last week a prolific and exciting speed machine, other times quiet. But both contribute in their own way to our success.
Spot on. We
Need all the liquorice all sorts to win a flag.
We have the ingredients and the method. Just need a little luck and the 2023 flag will be ours

If Mitchell was getting 40-50 touches for us it wouldn't be a good thing. He clearly has value as a clearance player, just no point in him getting the ball out the back or forcing it into his hands like at Hawthorn.

Coaches have also not rated his impact that highly this year. Think he only has 1 coaches vote (edit: 5 not 1, that's a bit better). I think he's been more impactful that.

If Mitchell was getting 40-50 touches for us it wouldn't be a good thing. He clearly has value as a clearance player, just no point in him getting the ball out the back or forcing it into his hands like at Hawthorn.

Coaches have also not rated his impact that highly this year. Think he only has 1 coaches vote (edit: 5 not 1, that's a bit better). I think he's been more impactful that.

Only so many players can get votes in that award, he may finish top 6 to 10 in BnF which would indicate they are happy with his game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree.
But i'll take it a step further than Mitchell.
We're a very, very low possession team. Have been since R1 last year.

Only two players on our list have any chance of 40+ given the roles our players now play
I dare say if anyone else got 40+ they were more than likely not doing the job they were supposed to.

Days of measuring us by possessions is done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back