Unofficial Preview Round 11: Pies v North Melbourne, Marvel. 28 May, 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I think you are seriously overestimating Lippas importance and impact. He's handy but he's miles off the level we are getting from those guys. Add in returning from a shoulder reco.
As for Losing checkers and replacing him with McStay, we are screwed if that happens. We ain't winning a flag with Mcstay as our solitary key forward. Checkers is up there with Moore in terms of irreplaceability if he was lost to injury if you ask me.
all I know is that we have missed players with injury or sickness and replaced and we still keep winning. for me, Darcy is the only in jury that would have a devastating effect on our team. It's all about our systems and they seem to be able to cover most injuries

all I know is that we have missed players with injury or sickness and replaced and we still keep winning. for me, Darcy is the only in jury that would have a devastating effect on our team. It's all about our systems and they seem to be able to cover most injuries
I think talls are like fast ballers in that they get injured more than other player types, so you need a squad. I don't think we can play all of them together like you do, but think we should rotate them so the fit ones are all good to go and playing at the speed when the finals come around.

I wouldn't put hopefully. He's a good on-field leader.

But I think we all might have to get used to the idea of players who were once locks being held

Will Hoskin-Elliott isn't sitting at first drop, either. Since pulling on the boots myself, I have noticed that he is a silent contributor to our success. Do not underrate the hyphen. He may not crash into you like McCreery, but he will punish you covertly.
Yes, he was very good when the game against the scum was up for grabs in the first quarter.

I can't imagine that we'll be taking Sidey's 300th & Coxy's 100th lightly.
A big win for both of these guys is imperative.
North were up last week, but losing would have pricked their balloon.
I don't think there's any danger of it being a close game like last year.
We might rest 1 or 2 players at most.
Time to go for the jugular!

They say, 'winning form' is 'good form', and you wouldn't want to mess with that, however, it is a tempting prospect to rest a couple of senior players in the next couple of weeks (Noth and WCE, BYE) and give a couple of kids a fair crack. I would love to see Fin, Carmichael and Reef be told "you've got two weeks to show us what you've got). I don't think that this would upset the structures or balance too much, nor do I think it would be arrogant to our opposition.

I think a more powerful jinx has been set by the pratfall of clowns speculating who will go out once all our injured players return.
It's important that we start dropping players. After years of the Browns and the Madge, we're conditioned to wanting blokes dropped every week. All those injuries early on and barely anyone was unceremoniously dumped into the VFL. Lets get enough back so we can see that glorious word in the team sheet again - omitted.

It's important that we start dropping players. After years of the Browns and the Madge, we're conditioned to wanting blokes dropped every week. All those injuries early on and barely anyone was unceremoniously dumped into the VFL. Lets get enough back so we can see that glorious word in the team sheet again - omitted.
Fly doesn't like saying dropped. Didn't like it when Ginni was pushed into subbing.

Think he might go with "conscious uncoupling".

This is borderline content that normally would be quarantined in a discrete thread for that purpose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought I had wandered into that thread myself….. but nope!

bf is taking a strategy of including all views into what will now be considered a homogeneous mixture of insanity. There is no need to separate different perpectives because, after all, arent we all collingwood supporters?

Yeah I think you are seriously overestimating Lippas importance and impact. He's handy but he's miles off the level we are getting from those guys. Add in returning from a shoulder reco.
As for Losing checkers and replacing him with McStay, we are screwed if that happens. We ain't winning a flag with Mcstay as our solitary key forward. Checkers is up there with Moore in terms of irreplaceability if he was lost to injury if you ask me.

5th in last years BnF suggests he's an important part of this side.

It was a strange non-celebratory celebration of a great career

I think sidey could have carried the presss conference on his own....and i dont think leon is really topical enough to do it.

So I hope sidey made the offer of doing a joint thing...although I wouldnt be surprised if it was "suggested" to him in order to push the barrow. They did play together I suppose but pendles would probably have been a more relevant choice.

Whatever you think of the term virtue signalling, marketting and promoting the brand has been a mainstay of selling any product. We havent heard from leon since he "joined" the club and it probably a good moment for him to say there has been progress and the Pies are doing a good job in indigenous matters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back