Unofficial Preview Round 11: Pies v North Melbourne, Marvel. 28 May, 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My observations on Adams....he has been playing half forward which is an unfamiliar position for him. Twitch has taken his position at the moment. Adams has been, and still is, a warrior and for someone who is injury prone, I think it's been a great positioning move to protect his body at the moment from bash & crash contests. We can afford this little luxury whilst we are winning and Titch is doing what he does best.

For this week, I would give Elliot a rest, play Cox as a permanent forward and Cameron full game in the ruck.

Carmichael deserves at least a sub

In : Carmichael
Our : Elliot (managed)
Elliott is just starting to find confidence. Keep him in the side.

He's been good.
If we get everyone fit for finals, I think he, Ginni and a couple of talls are going to be very unlucky.

Very big if though. The great news is that it's really only Moore, Nick, Mitchell and JDG that would be really hurtful if they got injured. The others we can cover without a big drop off.
??
Sidey, Josh and Pendles are all firmly in AA squad contention. Checkers will be our top goal scorer again.
Who are their replacements from the VFL who we bring in "without a big drop off" ? If they get injured?

??
Sidey, Josh and Pendles are all firmly in AA squad contention. Checkers will be our top goal scorer again.
Who are their replacements from the VFL who we bring in "without a big drop off" ? If they get injured?
Not from the VFL, but not in the team at the moment - Lipinski.

Someone like Ginni or WHE will miss if we're full strength, slight reshuffle due to an injury and it's only a minor loss.

Not from the VFL, but not in the team at the moment - Lipinski.

Someone like Ginni or WHE will miss if we're full strength, slight reshuffle due to an injury and it's only a minor loss.
So we've got Lipinski coming back off a shoulder reco and the Ginni pig to replace Pendles, Sidey, Josh and Checkers if they get injured and there will be no drop off for the team.
K yeah see what you're saying. Makes sense.

So we've got Lipinski coming back off a shoulder reco and the Ginni pig to replace Pendles, Sidey, Josh and Checkers if they get injured and there will be no drop off for the team.
K yeah see what you're saying. Makes sense.
I'm talking about individual injuries. Not 5 out at once.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm talking about individual injuries. Not 5 out at once.
Yeah I got that. I'll state it another way for you so there's no wriggle room. So you're saying..., if we lose one of Sidey or Pendles or Josh (all in AA form) and replace them with Lipinski coming back off a shoulder reco; or; we replace our leading goal scorer Checkers with Ginnivan ..... we don't lose much.
K. I see what you mean. Makes sense. Thumbs up icon.

Yeah I got that. I'll state it another way for you so there's no wriggle room. So you're saying..., if we lose one of Sidey or Pendles or Josh (all in AA form) and replace them with Lipinski coming back off a shoulder reco; or; we replace our leading goal scorer Checkers with Ginnivan ..... we don't lose much.
K. I see what you mean. Makes sense. Thumbs up icon.
I don't think we'd lose much if a fit Lippa came in and replaced Sidey or Josh.

Or if McStay replaced Checkers. (Although checkers probably should have been on the big loss list)

You obviously think it'd be much more impactful.

I don't think we'd lose much if a fit Lippa came in and replaced Sidey or Josh.

Or if McStay replaced Checkers. (Although checkers probably should have been on the big loss list)

You obviously think it'd be much more impactful.
Yeah I think you are seriously overestimating Lippas importance and impact. He's handy but he's miles off the level we are getting from those guys. Add in returning from a shoulder reco.
As for Losing checkers and replacing him with McStay, we are screwed if that happens. We ain't winning a flag with Mcstay as our solitary key forward. Checkers is up there with Moore in terms of irreplaceability if he was lost to injury if you ask me.

Yeah I think you are seriously overestimating Lippas importance and impact. He's handy but he's miles off the level we are getting from those guys. Add in returning from a shoulder reco.
As for Losing checkers and replacing him with McStay, we are screwed if that happens. We ain't winning a flag with Mcstay as our solitary key forward. Checkers is up there with Moore in terms of irreplaceability if he was lost to injury if you ask me.
Lippa will have half a season before finals to get his touch back - his fitness will already be high. I think we do rate him very differently.

Yeah Checkers should have been on my big loss list. But not being in contention for a flag if McStay had to replace Checkers is way over the top.

Elliott is just starting to find confidence. Keep him in the side.

Considering the special and celebratory day it will be on Sunday, with Sidey's 300th, and Coxy's 100th, l doubt any of the senior guys like Elliott, who have been on the journey with Sidey in particular over the past decade, will want to be rested or managed this week.

Last edited:
Lippa will have half a season before finals to get his touch back - his fitness will already be high. I think we do rate him very differently.

Yeah Checkers should have been on my big loss list. But not being in contention for a flag if McStay had to replace Checkers is way over the top.
What's over the top is even considering Checkers being out. Has missed about 4 games since his debut. His finger injury earlier this year would have killed a lesser man. He didn't even want to strap it.

What's over the top is even considering Checkers being out. Has missed about 4 games since his debut. His finger injury earlier this year would have killed a lesser man. He didn't even want to strap it.

Jesus. What are you doing? Your jinxing powers have already achieved self awareness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back