Game Day Pies v Hawthorn, 5 August, 4.35pm, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When fly took over, I have to admit i thought we were still a few years away, maybe we are. Are we to old? Maybe we turn it round in next few weeks who knows, have to say our midfield looked horrible today and most of those players are old, Mitchell, Pendles, Sidey will be interesting next few weeks

Mitchell has been incredibly disappointing as of late, he needs to be dropped. Pendles is a work horse but is slow and I don’t know what to make of sidey tbh

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

The one thing in our favour is nobody else is really putting their hand up at the moment either. Race for the flag is still wide open so it's there for the taking if we can find a bit of form over the coming weeks.
Reckon Dees have the right makeup to do it but lots of ordinary teams. Problem for us is with nothing decent down below, not winning it this year means we may fall off a cliff.

The number of Hawks players free to take uncontested marks inside their F50 has been extraordinary. Incredibly undisciplined manning up.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We were slaughtered in uncontested possession. Guess what Hawthorn are one of the best inside F50 teams in the competition, yet we let them move the ball practically uncontested. Hence why l said Fly and the assistants have coached poorly the past 2 weeks....
The whole strategy was absolutely wrong to let them move the ball so easily, and defend territory...🤪🤮

The VFL players have a real shot of trying to get into our best 22.
For many, it's an audition to return to the lineup. We will be dropping players after that performance. Hard to see how we don't.

Johnson: Cox (I can't see why we w

Daicos and Mitchell: Ginnivan, Allan, Hoskin-Elliott. Macrae and Carmichael aren't playing but if deemed so, they could return to the senior lineup.

Murphy: Frampton or Ruscoe.

If we want to shuffle more magnets, Ryan could return.

The one thing in our favour is nobody else is really putting their hand up at the moment either. Race for the flag is still wide open so it's there for the taking if we can find a bit of form over the coming weeks.
We threw the kitchen sink at the 16th place team, Beau in the middle, heck even Bruzzy and still got embarrassed.

What makes you think we can find form?

And do you really think teams like Port, Bris and Mel are gonna continue not showing their hand? Mind you the dees are finding form, let's see how the rest of the round plays out but it's unlikely the lions at least will drop their game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s the above got to do with you bagging Fly?
no need to get emotional on me spinny....i think both of us realise that we could now be halfway through a sam mitchell rebuild if he chose the right coach...I wouldnt be surprised if the west coasters are laughin at us by this time next year. At least I can get a refund on kayo...

Totally outcoached.

No one on Sicily.

N Daicos at full forward rather than halfback?

No changes to centre square setup till too late.

No backup plan for a defeated Cameron.
For anyone wondering why we operated at 50-50 all season with rucks, today's the reason. Cameron isn't up to it alone and Johnson is not a ruckman. Nor is McStay.

Daicos. Return him to the HB line. I don't care if he gets 30 easy possessions, he needs to touch the ball to have an impact.

Emancipate Moore from his locked down role, too.

Mitchell and Adams both have failing bodies - so let's think about how we can set Macrae up for success when he returns from a broken thumb. Because sooner or later, he deserves a shot whilst they rest.

This is going to define our season and it's not a melt to say so. We can either kick back and accept a sixth placed finish or knuckle down and deliver a premiership.

We threw the kitchen sink at the 16th place team, Beau in the middle, heck even Bruzzy and still got embarrassed.

And do you really think teams like Port, Bris and Mel are gonna continue not showing their hand? Mind you the dees are finding form, let's see how the rest of the round plays out but it's unlikely the lions at least will drop their game.

Can only go off what we've seen in recent weeks, anything else is idle speculation.

The flag race is still well and truly wide open and any of 5 or 6 teams could end up with it if they can strike a bit of form at the right time, and that includes us, whether that works for you personally or not.

Mitchell has been incredibly disappointing as of late, he needs to be dropped. Pendles is a work horse but is slow and I don’t know what to make of sidey tbh

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com
The massive bruise/Corkie on his thigh he was showing ND while on the bench may explain his form.
But why not rest him?

The lions lost to the hawks, and Gold Coast last week. Guess their seasons done to

McCreery
McStay maybe

McStay was good early but he needs to find a way to be have more of a consistent impact across the four quarters.

Part of that is probably on our collective forward group which has to do a better job of freeing each other up with leading patterns and blocks as any forward's bread and butter is still getting out on the lead and clunking a few easy ones - the contested pack marking stuff is the cream on top.

no need to get emotional on me spinny....i think both of us realise that we could now be halfway through a sam mitchell rebuild if he chose the right coach...I wouldnt be surprised if the west coasters are laughin at us by this time next year. At least I can get a refund on kayo...
Mate - I’m not the one calling Fly a comedian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back