Game Day Pies v Hawthorn, 5 August, 4.35pm, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spinny, I wish I was joking. We're finished. I think Pendles just gave his last yelp. Mitchell wont play again in the seniors. Darcy Moore will probably retire to a hippy commune up the coast this summer... bruzzy is banged up and his arms will probably fall off
What’s the above got to do with you bagging Fly?

We looked cooked. But hopefully it's a training load we are going through for the finals. Otherwise it doesn't look great
So we've got 3 games to get our sh*t together.

Geel
Bris
Ess

If we play like that and last week, we aren't winning any of em, and going on the form line, it looks like the comp has worked us out, IF we somehow come back to form and play a different style (good luck tryna achieve that) that the comp will have to work it shows our best and worst is a massive chasm.

Flag teams don't have that chasm, I don't think we can win it this year.
If...

Hence the reference to it being perhaps a bit deja vu-ish and hopefully not turning into a Groundhog Day-ish thing.

Still another 8 weeks of the season to play out yet and there isn't exactly anyone else putting their hand up either at the moment, just in case you missed it.
If you think we can win it playing like that then you've got another thing coming.

Question is can we turn it around, seeing how the comp has worked out how to beat us, I don't think we can.

Maybe we're just not that good.

Wonder how things would of have gone down if Malthouse was still coach, I can guarantee he’d be ripping in to them after the last 2 weeks. Can’t see fly doing anything like that. Another “back the boys to respond” coach

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He reminds me of too much of a nice guy to be ruthless when needed…I’m still not convinced with him

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

I love Fly, and he is a good coach, but in the past two weeks he has morphed into Voss, a coach who doesn't make many moves and continues with the same game style, eventhough we are getting smashed on field, and Voss has morphed into Fly, a coach who has changed things up regarding game style and moved players around to get maximum performance.
I know they're good mates, but this is farkin ridiculous!!!

Need the two ruckman as we have had just about all year. Cameron didnt look great ny himself and the backup was ordinary. As much as I wanted Johnson in it really didn't work. Also need a bit of pace through the midfield. Maybe leave Beau in there

If you think we can win it playing like that then you've got another thing coming.

Question is can we turn it around, seeing how the comp has worked out how to beat us, I don't think we can.

Maybe we're just not that good.

The one thing in our favour is nobody else is really putting their hand up at the moment either. Race for the flag is still wide open so it's there for the taking if we can find a bit of form over the coming weeks.

When fly took over, I have to admit i thought we were still a few years away, maybe we are. Are we to old? Maybe we turn it round in next few weeks who knows, have to say our midfield looked horrible today and most of those players are old, Mitchell, Pendles, Sidey will be interesting next few weeks

When fly took over, I have to admit i thought we were still a few years away, maybe we are. Are we to old? Maybe we turn it round in next few weeks who knows, have to say our midfield looked horrible today and most of those players are old, Mitchell, Pendles, Sidey will be interesting next few weeks

That's why Macrae should have been given the opportunity weeks ago. We may have found a very good young clearance mid....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back