Top 5 Favourite Pies Players ever? (Not the best, your favourite).

Remove this Banner Ad

Heath Shaw
Darren Millane
Tony Shaw
Dane Swan
James Clement

Leon Davis
Alan Didak
Anthony Rocca
John Greening
Des Tuddenham

Peter Moore
Bill Picken
Peter Daicos
Scott Pendlebury
Nathan Buckley

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mrs Macs excluded;)

A lot to name but here it goes. I won't go too many.

Scott Russell
Tony Francis
Sav Rocca
Peter Daicos
Anthony Rocca
Chris Tarrant
Brad Rowe
Nick Daicos
Josh Daicos
Jack Ginnivan
Pendy
De Goey ( ******* love him how good was his Grand Final goals )
Bobby Hill ( I ******* love you mate. Literally won me a packet on the punt Grand Final Day. Thank you )
Ron McKeown

edited - Forgot about Jamie Elliot at the time. Too many to name!

Last edited:
Way too hard. No order.

Bobby Hill
Nick Daicos
Jordan De Goey
Darcy Moore
Pendles

Peter Daicos
Sav Rocca
Jamie Elliot
Anthony Rocca
Chris Tarrant

There's 10.

James Clement
Peter Daicos
Sav Rocca
Nathan Buckley
Jordon De goey

Mick McGuane
Peter Daicos
Paul Licuria
Rupert Betheras
Tony Francis

from my Delorean

I'll give it a stab

Loved Brad Rowe
Doug barwick
Nathan Buckley
Saverio Rocca
Paul williams

Len Thompson
Rene Kink
Darren Milllane
Scott Pendlebury
Nick Daicos

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. John Greening- was our best player ever in my lifetime IMO, and was the best player in the league in 1972. Consecutive games in 1972- 46 disposals and 6 goals against the Cats and followed by 45 disposals and 4 goals against the Swans, all whilst playing as a midfielder. Was playing the 'modern game' before anyone else.

2 Peter Daicos- made kicking goals an art form.

3. Darren Millane - was the heart and soul of 1990.

4. Scott Pendelbury- for playing at such a high level consistently for so long with such grace and beauty.

5. Cannot split Nathan Buckley, Anthony and Sav Rocca, Gavin Brown, Steele Sidebottom, Leon Davis, Jordan De Goey, Dane Swan Paul Williams and Trav Cloke.
Add in Greenings 50 disposals and 16 marks in a game the year before as a 20 yo. Worth noting he played 107 of 108 games from when 1st selected as a 17 yo in 1968. We didn't get near seeing his best but the years he had stack up against anyones

Add in Greenings 50 disposals and 16 marks in a game the year before as a 20 yo. Worth noting he played 107 of 108 games from when 1st selected as a 17 yo in 1968. We didn't get near seeing his best but the years he had stack up against anyones
John Greening and Phil Carmen are two of the best I’ve seen. If things had been different we may have had them playing along side each other in the mid to late seventies or beyond. Might have got a few of the missed Hafey premierships and been on 20 or more now.

Rene Kink
Wayne Richardson
Peter Daicos
Ronnie Wearmouth
Anthony Rocca

That was bloody tough to do!

Loved Greening! Saw him kick 7 against the Blues at Princess Park in 1969. I love the way he moved. He could do it all. Damn Jimmy Odea for the thug he was.

P. Daicos
N. Buckley
S. Pendlebury
B. Maynard
D.monkhorst
Would have liked to added mcguane and burns clement

All in no particular order:

Ronnie Wearmouth
Rene Kink
Ricky Barham
Nathan Buckley
Peter Daicos

Honourable mentions to:
Scott Burns
Daisy Thomas
Heath Shaw
Tony Shaw
Lee Walker

Geez, there's plenty that I could go on with...

Good ol' Scooter! Anyone who sinks the slipper into a WCE player lying on the ground - in his first game mind you - deservces to be on the list! Talk about mongrel.... he had it in spades!

Interesting that several people have put Scott Russell too. The recruitment of these 2 was sheer brilliance to make the 1990 midfield unstoppable.

William picken
Fabulous Phil
Great Dane swan
Slim Jim clement
Macedonian marvels petey and nick

Honorable mention

Jimmy Manson
Twiggy dunne
Benny Johnson
Mighty mick mcguane
Pants

Remove this Banner Ad