Your favourite 2023 Grand Final moments

Remove this Banner Ad

the DeGoey goal in the last was the moment of the game for me, Brisbane had just hit the front, we had control for most of the game only for us to fall behind late in the game, centre bounce, Pendles quick kick out of the middle, Daicos hands under pressure to DeGoey, him drilling it from beyond 50.

put a statement out on the game that we are not going to let this one slip from our grasp

Even Brisbane's goals were for the most part noteworthy for one reason or other.
Brisbanes effort has to be praised.

We dominated the corridor (which was predictable) and alternated blitzes (again predictably) with heaps of stoppages (which was a complete surprise) where our carefully thought out ruck rotations suppressed McInerney.

There were several periods in the first and third where we were about to bust them wide open and they refused to crack, instead pulling out blindingly brilliant goals from nothing.

Fagan was pantsed on the whiteboard, came up with a dodgy plan B ("just nail every half chances boys") and he and his men were skilled and brave enough to make it work. How this mob haven't grabbed a flag instead of several lackluster contenders is baffling.

It's the skills and excellent coaching , the fact it was a game of great play trumping great play, that makes this the best grand final in years.

the DeGoey goal in the last was the moment of the game for me, Brisbane had just hit the front, we had control for most of the game only for us to fall behind late in the game, centre bounce, Pendles quick kick out of the middle, Daicos hands under pressure to DeGoey, him drilling it from beyond 50.

put a statement out on the game that we are not going to let this one slip from our grasp
It astounds me that a senior player like Neale would set up behind Naicos - beaten to the ball and there’s the game
Lesson in that to all mids, forwards and backs

That sequence also showed the mind blowing lack of urgency of getting to the next contest by both Neale and Dunkley. You can blame the slip, fatigue, but our boys wanted it more

It's not a premiership moment, but walking along the beach this morning, we were struck by the number of Premiership caps being worn and by the smiling magpie faces who greeted us. Yes, we just happened to be wearing our t-shirts and caps too, but it gave me a warm glow to realise our boys gave so many of us such a great year and that so many of us are still celebrating it!

Struggled a bit with the boardwalk today. A fair bit of flooding and mud, especially with white runners. Took over an hour to get burgers at Dulcies today for a late lunch. Try again tomorrow. What’s your normal go on NYE?
Dulcies burgers are the best but nightmare in holiday time. We normal set up camp down on the beach here at Tura before dark, drink some beers have a fish and can still partially see the fireworks show at Ford Park. Pretty chilled really, don’t like the crowds and club stuff.

Watching replay again.

10:20 to go in the third. Darcy Cameron grabs the ball out of the ruck and kicks it out on the full.
Smart arse Charlie Cameron decides to run in and have a crack at Darcy. Just as he is about to round arm Darcy, Bruzzy grabs him “Nah mate, none of that s**t!” Charlie proceeds to flop and Stevic is having none of it.

Watching replay again.

10:20 to go in the third. Darcy Cameron grabs the ball out of the ruck and kicks it out on the full.
Smart arse Charlie Cameron decides to run in and have a crack at Darcy. Just as he is about to round arm Darcy, Bruzzy grabs him “Nah mate, none of that s**t!” Charlie proceeds to flop and Stevic is having none of it.

Can’t stand the c**t

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was Jordy’s flex moment.

You aren’t beating us.

1703891755158.gif

Which is pretty much universally agreed upon……

Apart from Bigfooty of course. There are some actual sad flogs on the main board that think this years grand final is “overrated“. Wonder if these jealous pencil heads would be of the same opinion had Brisbane kicked another goal and won. 🤔🤦🏼‍♂️.

Its always pleasing to know our success burns some people so much the rational part of their brain fails to function when discussing Collingwood. 🥰

Everytime I watch the replay I pick up on little things I love. Jordy jumping into the crowd after the final siren on the members wing which you only see for a split second on the replay made my heart swell with joy after all he’s been through. Full redemption is complete and look out for this beast next year and beyond.

If they’re not Collingwood supporters, you’d need to question how rational the rational part of their brains is anyway.

Yep. De Goey's goal. Absolute clutch finish from long range when the stakes couldn't have been higher. Un******* real.

As was his goal after the quarter time siren.

Crisp got some *en beauties.

Hill, and his tackle that got rewarded for holding the ball in the last.

Sidey's goal from about 55-60 out which gave us the 10 point buffer.

Mad Grand Final. Epic.

Which is pretty much universally agreed upon……

Apart from Bigfooty of course. There are some actual sad flogs on the main board that think this years grand final is “overrated“. Wonder if these jealous pencil heads would be of the same opinion had Brisbane kicked another goal and won. 🤔🤦🏼‍♂️.

Its always pleasing to know our success burns some people so much the rational part of their brain fails to function when discussing Collingwood. 🥰

Everytime I watch the replay I pick up on little things I love. Jordy jumping into the crowd after the final siren on the members wing which you only see for a split second on the replay made my heart swell with joy after all he’s been through. Full redemption is complete and look out for this beast next year and beyond.
I have random people comment daily just because I have a Pies hat on, saying what a great game it was, how much they enjoyed the game, how happy a pies supporter must be.
Unheard of unsolicited niceness.

I have random people comment daily just because I have a Pies hat on, saying what a great game it was, how much they enjoyed the game, how happy a pies supporter must be.
Unheard of unsolicited niceness.
Makes you want to vomit!

The underrated part of the game was just before half time when we turned a three goal deficit into a half time lead. The second quarter was the only time the lions were threatening to get a hold on this game. But those with three brilliant goals ( can’t even remember who but Bobby and Crisp I think snagged some, as well as jordy ) send the message to Brisbane that they are in a fight to the end.

The underrated part of the game was just before half time when we turned a three goal deficit into a half time lead. The second quarter was the only time the lions were threatening to get a hold on this game. But those with three brilliant goals ( can’t even remember who but Bobby and Crisp I think snagged some, as well as jordy ) send the message to Brisbane that they are in a fight to the end.

Jordy was the end of the first and nearly the end of the last.

Crisp, Bobby, Bobby, Crisp is the answer I believe.

It’s all a blur, a beautiful magnificent blur…..

giphy.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back