Preview The Grand Final Edition 🏆🏉 👊 Collingwood vs Brisbane, 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm gunna need a sleeping tablet tonight, this is ridiculous. I hope I don't wake up too early tomorrow or it's going to be a long day
Weed Asks GIF

Just worked out that this is the first time Collingwood has been in the Grand Final on my birthday since I was born.

We lost the two previous Grand Finals we played on September 30 prior to my birth.

Clearly a good omen!
If we’re going the omen route - the Pies drew a Grand Final in both the year I turned 18 and the year my father turned 18.

My dad turned 31 in 1990. Which I’ve also done this year.

Premiership incoming.

I've had this theory all year - which I could go and analyse on a win/loss basis but I'm too lazy - that we're a better daytime side than we are night time. Cox seems to also have better chance taking clunking marks in the day with his vision.

Hoping for a R2 vs. Port type of performance.

Cox for the Norm Smith!

I've never been a Kiss fan.
I've trained my 9 year old - his favourite band is AC/DC and his favourite song is Paranoid..
They had a session at school where each kid could pick a song to play for the class,
He said most of the songs were crap.
Of course he chose Paranoid.
my neighbours daughter, she’s about 9 or 10, is absolutely obsessed with queen. The thing is though neither of her parents listen to them, she just stumbled across them on YouTube and fell in love.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a lot of talk going on about the heat, and it's unsurprising that there would be, but I don't think the heat will be a factor whatsoever in the game. The players all live in Australia and grew up here (barring Cox) and will be damn well used to having the sun beating down on them.

I don't believe that the heat has any effect on aerobic fitness, so I reckon as long as they're hydrated they'll be completely fine. See Hawks schooling the Eagles in the heat in 2015 - no excuses.
they wont be able to handle Melbourne's dry heat...or wind...or 100k people in the crowd...or Ginnivan's 5 goals.

my neighbours daughter, she’s about 9 or 10, is absolutely obsessed with queen. The thing is though neither of her parents listen to them, she just stumbled across them on YouTube and fell in love.
Sounds like her theme song could be Don't Stop Me Now.

There's a lot of talk going on about the heat, and it's unsurprising that there would be, but I don't think the heat will be a factor whatsoever in the game. The players all live in Australia and grew up here (barring Cox) and will be damn well used to having the sun beating down on them.

I don't believe that the heat has any effect on aerobic fitness, so I reckon as long as they're hydrated they'll be completely fine. See Hawks schooling the Eagles in the heat in 2015 - no excuses.
It might be an excuse for the NRL GF - the forecast for Sydney on Sunday is 37C!

It’s becoming increasingly difficult to actually even picture winning it and all the celebration that comes with it.

Our depressingly consistent history losing Grand Finals makes it something that’s hard to creep into my thoughts
Get a hold of yourself!
It's time to believe!

Doing my own GF marathon with 1990 and 2010 GFs and Road to Victory. Its interesting how our forward structure is very similar this year to 1990, relying on small/medium forwards to kick goals and the resting ruckman as the tall forward.

Anyway, it has got me wanting to see tomorrow if we're home and one of the Daicos boys gets it within 60m, unleash the torp for old times sake!!!
Did the same today.

Lets Put The X In Sex?

On a serious note I can almost guarantee:

1. I Was Made For Loving You
  2. Shout It Out Loud
  3. Rock n Roll All Nite
Is Ace Frehley still in KISS? I remember listening to my older brother's KISS Unmasked, and loved Two Sides of the Coin.
Probably zero chance of them playing that. But if they do, I don't know what I'm going to do with myself.

Just a few more hours before the clock strikes 12:01 the day we hopefully 🤞bring home our 16th premiership....Not sure I'm going to be able to sleep....

I've had this theory all year - which I could go and analyse on a win/loss basis but I'm too lazy - that we're a better daytime side than we are night time. Cox seems to also have better chance taking clunking marks in the day with his vision.

Hoping for a R2 vs. Port type of performance.

Cox for the Norm Smith!

well Cox will be wearing shades, he should see the ball better than anyone out there tomorrow

IMG_5714.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back