Universal Love 🏆 GF = PIES WIN PREMIERSHIP #16 🏆🥇

Remove this Banner Ad

Not exactly anything important or riveting to read … but something I’ve enjoyed over the last few months is wearing the Collingwood Premiership t-shirt as often and in as many different places as I could - and as I’ve had to travel to a lot of different places in rural Queensland and NSW, the t-shirt has in this time, been widely exposed to numerous country bakeries, pubs and old-school country Chinese restaurants and just up walking around small town main streets etc

What I’ve found is that even up in rugby heartland areas of rural Qld/NSW, it’s surprising how many react to the t-shirt - thanks to it, I’ve met many a Pies supporter in these places that approached me with A “Go Pies” comment or the like, and have ended up having a good yarn with many about the Pies Premiership. Even opposition supporters or NRL supporters have approached me and have ended up talking footy.

Also, still in the very euphoric stage only days after the GF, I had an informal coffee catch-up with a few, right in the Essendon heartland, just about within spitting distance of Windy Hill, so of course I wore the t-shirt, much to the groups disgust and chagrin. Afterwards, I had a little walk around the nearby shops in Mt Alexander Rd/Nelson St precinct, collecting some glares, head shakes and utterances under (or in one case over) the breath, which I returned with a broad smile. All in all, it was a most satisfying coffee and stroll.

Last edited:
Not exactly anything important or riveting to read … but something I’ve enjoyed over the last few months is wearing the Collingwood Premiership t-shirt as often and in as many different places as I could - and as I’ve had to travel to a lot of different places in rural Queensland and NSW, the t-shirt has in this time, been widely exposed to numerous country bakeries, pubs, Chinese restaurants and just up walking around small town main streets etc

What I’ve found is that even up in rugby heartland areas of rural Qld/NSW, it’s surprising how many react to the t-shirt - thanks to it, I’ve met many a Pies supporter in these places that approached me with A “Go Pies” comment or the like, and have ended up having a good yarn with many about the Pies Premiership. Even opposition supporters or NRL supporters have approached me and have ended up talking footy.

Also, still in the very euphoric stage only days after the GF, I had an informal coffee catch-up with a few, right in the Essendon heartland, just about within spitting distance of Windy Hill, so of course I wore the t-shirt, much to the groups disgust and chagrin. Afterwards, I had a little walk around the nearby shops in Mt Alexander Pde/Nelson St precinct, collecting some glares, head shakes and utterances under (or in one case over) the breath, which I returned with a broad smile. Overall it was a most satisfying coffee and stroll.
I'm in Ascot Vale Professor Knowall - really enjoy wearing my Pies Polo to Puckle Street when I shop. Silences most, some just glare.

Not exactly anything important or riveting to read … but something I’ve enjoyed over the last few months is wearing the Collingwood Premiership t-shirt as often and in as many different places as I could - and as I’ve had to travel to a lot of different places in rural Queensland and NSW, the t-shirt has in this time, been widely exposed to numerous country bakeries, pubs, Chinese restaurants and just up walking around small town main streets etc

Also, still in the very euphoric stage only days after the GF, I had an informal coffee catch-up with a few, right in the Essendon heartland, just about within spitting distance of Windy Hill, so of course I wore the t-shirt, much to the groups disgust and chagrin. Afterwards, I had a little walk around the nearby shops in Mt Alexander Pde/Nelson St precinct, collecting some glares, head shakes and utterances under (or in one case over) the breath, which I returned with a broad smile. Overall it was a most satisfying coffee and stroll.
We should go paint Lyon Street Black and White.

We should go paint Lyon Street Black and White.
We are in Essendon and I say to Bombers supporters that whenever I am going past windy hill I need to have a few glasses of water. Why they ask. In order to have enough spit when walking past the complex. Having said that, I consider it very poor form of that club to not upgrade the broken tiles outside the complex which people paid good money for to have their names on. A sign of grievous disrespect imv

Who here is still watching the game or part of or post game on a regular basis??

I watch the 2nd half of the 2nd qtr + the last 5:31 plus post game celebrations a few times a week.

It still feels like a dream. I never want to wake up!!!

This week I summoned up the courage to watch the last five minutes again - it’s been months since the last time. Somehow, bizarrely, I’d forgotten how many behinds we kicked. 18 to the Lions 8! We should have won by more, yet the game didn’t ‘look’ like that. Weird. Too much emotion in it for me.

This week I summoned up the courage to watch the last five minutes again - it’s been months since the last time. Somehow, bizarrely, I’d forgotten how many behinds we kicked. 18 to the Lions 8! We should have won by more, yet the game didn’t ‘look’ like that. Weird. Too much emotion in it for me.
After half time we kicked 1 goal 9 behinds and Lipa's out on the full before the DeGoey and Sidey goals. In addition, after Pendle's goal to put us in front in the 3rd, Beau's missed pass to Elliott, when both Elliott and Bobby were free, cost us another certain goal. No doubt in my mind that we came perilously close to losing what should have been a comfortable 4-5 goal win. The upside though was finally winning a close one, which just made it so much sweeter.

After half time we kicked 1 goal 9 behinds and Lipa's out on the full before the DeGoey and Sidey goals. In addition, after Pendle's goal to put us in front in the 3rd, Beau's missed pass to Elliott, when both Elliott and Bobby were free, cost us another certain goal. No doubt in my mind that we came perilously close to losing what should have been a comfortable 4-5 goal win. The upside though was finally winning a close one, which just made it so much sweeter.
We will win the 2024 cup by a comfortable margin.

We will win the 2024 cup by a comfortable margin.
Agreed. Expecting a 7-8 goal win over Brisbane to avenge both 2002 and 2003.
Like then, Brisbane won the close one and then won easily the year after, and this time we return the favour.
After this l see us winning the next 3 flags against Carlton to avenge 1970, 1979 and 1981:)

Agreed. Expecting a 7-8 goal win over Brisbane to avenge both 2002 and 2003.
Like then, Brisbane won the close one and then won easily the year after, and this time we return the favour.
After this l see us winning the next 3 flags against Carlton to avenge 1970, 1979 and 1981:)
And two more for interest

Just finished the "2023 Complete Season" DVD pack.

I'm over 60 and that was the best season of football I have ever seen a Collingwood side play.
Pips 2011 because we won the Flag.

Super pumped for 2024.
I hope the boys are ravenous.

Go Pies!:thumbsu:

Just finished the "2023 Complete Season" DVD pack.

I'm over 60 and that was the best season of football I have ever seen a Collingwood side play.
Pips 2011 because we won the Flag.

Super pumped for 2024.
I hope the boys are ravenous.

Go Pies!:thumbsu:
Can't wait mate. Can't wait.

2023 and even 2022 simply amazing. 2023 capped off a great two years for the club and just a perfect end to a side who never gave up and played great football.

Elliot - Winners against Essendon, Carlton ( lol knocked them out of the finals ) and Port. Gun!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched parts agin

Looking at the footage from behind the goals when JDG kicks that goal in the 3rd, you see him look across, purposely block Neale and run into space to receive the handball from Nick.
I thought it was right time / place, but he definitely created that goal through smart reading if the play / what he had to do.

All prayers answered?

Well the preacher kept right on saying that all I had to do was send
Ten dollars to the church of the Sacred Bleeding Heart Of Jesus
Located somewhere in Los Angeles, California
And next week they'd say my prayer on the radio
And all my dreams would come true

Well the preacher kept right on saying that all I had to do was send
Ten dollars to the church of the Sacred Bleeding Heart Of Jesus
Located somewhere in Los Angeles, California
And next week they'd say my prayer on the radio
And all my dreams would come true
Thanks for the money - you'll be on air soon

Screenshot_20240206-004234~2.png

I keep watching the sequence after Cameron kicked the goal to put Briony’s up by 2
  • centre bounce all our mids play in front of opponents
  • the youngest, Naicos, is able to gather, drop the ball, re-gather and dish to Pendles, who, under v little pressure is able to drive it into F50
  • cut to vision behind the goals
It’s our mids who are all streaming forward
  • Dunkley casually jogging
  • Neale only gets on his bike when he realises his man (Naicos again) is going to take possession of the punch
  • JDG’s amazing reading of the play to both recognise the space on the other side of Nick as well as the need to block Neale

Both amazing play by our mids and shocking by Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Back