2023 Premiership Doco

Remove this Banner Ad

PS: I see Leigh Matthews has basically told us to pull our head in and look forward.
I disagree, these videos are a great insight into what it’s like to support our team.
Anyone uncertain where their allegiances lie are welcome to join us.
A bizarre take by Leigh.

I can understand what he's saying, but I think he's misunderstood that these documentaries being broadcast now were filmed months ago.

The Recall and the AFL website doco is done annually with the reigning premiership team.

Where was Leigh making these statements? Was it on 3AW or somewhere in print?
3AW.

3AW.

He's 100% correct. It's up to us to continually live in that last week of September 2023 for the next 22 weeks, not the players :p

3AW.

Leigh knows how to get clicks & headlines to promote his increased media presence this year .. bit disappointing really. He just sounds bitter.

Last edited:
People might take this exchange to imply that Jeff gave Fly the job, which was certainly not the case. Jeff had no role at CFC when Fly was appointed.

Who does he mean by “us”?

The club and players? I’ve got no doubt they’ve long moved on, and all indications point to that.

Us fans? As with the Premiers every season, we’ll bathe in the afterglow for as long as we please.
As you damn well should.

44 Sons was well done. Every one of these docos you see something different. I really liked the mentioning of the focus on family and how important that is when blended with football. Darcy Moore is a captain to be proud of - so eloquent, well spoken, able to get the best out of himself and others. Watching the grand final clips again, my heart was racing whenever Brisbane got the ball, despite knowing the result. It was a great way to round off the off season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wrighty and me managed to get an illegal Foxtel feed in our luxury suite on the Left bank to catch up with the Recall doco last night. Not bad at all.

We managed to sneak in a viewing between signing up some promising La Crosse champions to add as Cat Bs for next year.

He’s a machine our Wrighty. He’s a natural at the work/life balance thing. Loves the cheese a little bit too much. He gets it smothered on his iPhone which makes his work a bit harder.

I’ve told him a laptop would be better but he insists there’s nothing he can’t do with his iPhone 6. God bless him.

Wrighty and me managed to get an illegal Foxtel feed in our luxury suite on the Left bank to catch up with the Recall doco last night. Not bad at all.

We managed to sneak in a viewing between signing up some promising La Crosse champions to add as Cat Bs for next year.

He’s a machine our Wrighty. He’s a natural at the work/life balance thing. Loves the cheese a little bit too much. He gets it smothered on his iPhone which makes his work a bit harder.

I’ve told him a laptop would be better but he insists there’s nothing he can’t do with his iPhone 6. God bless him.
I think you should start up a Wrighty's Travel Diary thread to post all the news of your European adventures.

idiot

What’s the itinerary? Are you making a trip to the heartland of Champage Footballe?

What’s the itinerary? Are you making a trip to the heartland of Champage Footballe?
Wrighty has it all planned out but his workings he keeps mysterious.

Anything could happen, a martini here a signing there, a dacquiri here a whole new tabulated salary cap there.

He’s an untapped man of talent. I swear he can do things whilst asleep on a banana lounge.

Think it’s a play on skip or skipper
One of his brothers related the story some time back. Seems when pendles was young and being bullied by his older siblings, he would retaliate. The behaviour resulted in his brother calling him dip because he always had a dip. It progressed into dipper

Nope, not being shown in Brisbane.
Once again programming decided by a dickhead in Sydney who thinks everyone in Queensland is an NRL supporter.
Wouldn't WLD be a typo for QLD? Further down it says 11.50 for Sydney & Brisbane.

Wouldn't WLD be a typo for QLD? Further down it says 11.50 for Sydney & Brisbane.

Yeah, I guessed that.
No, I meant it's not listed on the EPG on my TV for tomorrow night, but I don't see it on the online TV guides I look at for Brisbane or Melbourne either, so buggered if I know what's going on there.

Yeah, I guessed that.
No, I meant it's not listed on the EPG on my TV for tomorrow night, but I don't see it on the online TV guides I look at for Brisbane or Melbourne either, so buggered if I know what's going on there.
Its still at the cinemas, I doubt we'll see it on TV until they have finished airing it at Hoyts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back