Preview The Grand Final Edition 🏆🏉 👊 Collingwood vs Brisbane, 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe they are far from disco in their catalogue but their few big hits were 100 percent that.
ONE "discoish" hit. They weren't a singles band anyway. Held and may well still hold the record for most platinum selling albums. Stanley and Simmons are very under-rated as songwriters. Their brilliant marketing has tended to overshadow that.

The nerves are kicking in. We all know that horrible emptiness of losing grand finals. Let's hope we get the 2010 ecstacy of winning again. 🤞🤞🤞🤞🥳🥳🥳

Dal Santo following the same pattern as every other pundit in all our other finals lol

“Brisbane this”
“Brisbane that”
“Brisbane too good”
“Brisbane”

“Brisbane should win but I’m tipping Collingwood by 10 points”

lol. Stock standard hedge betting

Maybe they are far from disco in their catalogue but their few big hits were 100 percent that.
Showing your youth TfT,
They were massive in the 70's well before their couple of "pop" hits.
Every band had a handful of "radio friendly" hits and even their "pop" was far from disco.
Alice Cooper, ACDC, The Saints, KISS, Deep Purple, Pink Floyd and Black Sabbath would have been every 14-15 year old red blooded Aussies collections.

I'm nervous, and thinking way too much as I'm sure lots of people are. One thing I've stuck to. I can't remember a time at all where Fly hasn't set us up to compete and do it well. Even last year when we were sneaking wins late last year then we came out and took it to Geelong. If both teams play to their best it could be close, but I trust Fly to get everyone ready more than the Lions.

Charlie Cameron I want us to keep goal side of him - let him get the ball up the ground or set shots only where possible.

Besides the obvious, our midfield breaking even or getting the best of them, our defenders holding tight and the forwards taking chances, the big area for us is our bottom 11-12 performing better than their bottom 11-12. Both sides have plenty of excellence at the top end but I think our McCreery, Hoskin-Elliott and Markov types can give us the edge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm nervous, and thinking way too much as I'm sure lots of people are. One thing I've stuck to. I can't remember a time at all where Fly hasn't set us up to compete and do it well. Even last year when we were sneaking wins late last year then we came out and took it to Geelong. If both teams play to their best it could be close, but I trust Fly to get everyone ready more than the Lions.
I have faith the boys will play as well as they can.
It's up to them and I will support them no matter the result.
My hopes are that they win for them and that I can be part of that.
If they don't I'll suffer with them because I am a supporter, that's all I can be.

Not a Doomsdayer with our side or thinking definite loss. More nervous than anything.

But if we did lose tomorrow, do we still believe we can climb the Mountain for ultimate success or become doubled down in making the big dance but lose much hope in the Win?

Fek I sure hope we win tomorrow!

We should all have hearts of iron by now.

I definitely have an iron heart.

I was born in 1972. Since then we’ve played in GF’s in 1977 (x2), 1979, 1980, 1981, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2010 (x2), 2011 and 2018.

That’s TWELVE grand finals for just TWO WINS, two draws and EIGHT LOSSES.

No risk of hubris with me but I do believe that we’re going to win tomorrow. Go Pies!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I definitely have an iron heart.

I was born in 1972. Since then we’ve played in GF’s in 1977 (x2), 1979, 1980, 1981, 1990, 2002, 2003, 2010 (x2), 2011 and 2018.

That’s TWELVE grand finals for just TWO WINS, two draws and EIGHT LOSSES.

No risk of hubris with me but I do believe that we’re going to win tomorrow. Go Pies!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Add 1960, 1964, 1966 and the tragedy that was 1970 and you might begin to understand pain and scar tissue.... but love them to death - go Pies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back