Your favourite 2023 Grand Final moments

Remove this Banner Ad

Jarrod Berry and Cam Raynors entire game. Not sure how they didn't get Norm Smith votes

I’d have to say Sidebottom’s goal, because that was the moment I thought we had it.

Many crucial and memorable moments though, especially Crisp’s clutch goal, the two goals by De Goey and Crisp after the siren, Bobby’s mark, Checkers’ goal, Whisper to Jordy for goal, Whisper hitting up WHE at the death…

The sea of pies supporters pointing for a 50m penalty when Steele got tackled was a highlight.

Yes! That’s what my avatar shows, but it doesn’t catch the moment as well as I’d like. Don’t think I’ve ever seen so many people pointing in the same direction at exactly the same time. Only happens at the footy, and this time a flag hinged on it. Amazing!

Update: I’ve changed my avatar☹️

Last edited:
Underrated moment in the last quarter is Hoskin-Elliott’s mark out wide from a quick Naicos kick. Running full tilt that late in the game, many players may have not balanced the ball in their hands properly but Will has great hands.

I’ve posted about this before. Was one of those ‘invisible’ WHE moments in that no-one ever mentions it. But he was critical in the final 60 or so seconds.

My Top 5.

1. JDG's goal in the last. We will not die moment.
2. Naicos's handball to JDG to score the goal in the last. Pure brilliance.
3. Steele's goal in the last. WTF moment! We are up by 10, WTF!!
4. Mitchell's head high tackle in the last. Pressure relief.
5. Checkers long kick down the line in the last sealed the deal because it didn't slide off the side of his boot. We did it moment!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Obviously Steele's an Jordan's goals in the last quarter will live in Collingwood folklore for quite a while. But 2 other moments for me:

1st quarter: Degoey's goal after the siren. 55 out. Was never going to miss.
2nd quarter: Naicos carving them up on the wing and finding WHE with a beautiful kick, who then found Crisp for another long goal after the siren.

Last edited:
Jaimie Elliott not making the distance from 35 metres and it was sailing through the middle

Only thing that ruined my multi and 700 dollars

Also hill kicking g the 2nd of the match had him as first goal scorer

And frampton dropping a sitter in first 5 min (had him as first goal scorer also)

Gambling

Ya win some

Ya lose more

Obviously Steele's an Jordan's goals in the last quarter will live in Collingwood folklore for quite a while. But 2 other moments for me:

1st quarter: Degoey's goal after the siren. 55 out. Was never going to miss.
2nd quarter: Naicos carving them up on the wing and finding WHE with a beautiful kick, who then found Crisp for another long goal after the siren.
Watching the replay there are a lot of blink and you miss it Nick Daicos moments that were pure brilliance

I know he wasn’t BOG but he was a lot closer to that status than it might have appeared at first glance

Watching the replay there are a lot of blink and you miss it Nick Daicos moments that were pure brilliance

I know he wasn’t BOG but he was a lot closer to that status than it might have appeared at first glance
De Goey much the same. 18 disposals/2 goals... good not great game. Then you watch the replay and look at the stats and realise 17 of those 18 were effective. One of the best 18 touch games you'll see. Match winning performance, and is now a Collingwood champion for all time.

Absolutely. Watching it on the day I thought he was good but not brilliant but after watching the replay countless times he was enormous. Obviously culminating in the “Handball of God” to Jordy and the kick to WHE with a minute to go that Fly told him that only 10 or so players in the comp would of had the composure to do rather than bomb it out of there. That’s some serious second year blues. 😂

Apart from getting our hands oon and lifting the cup i will say De goeys goal to get us in front in could be that goal that wins it for us along with that Bobby hill mark to be honest both plays were the top 2 plays ever in a grand final of all time.

Plus a hot day in front of a full house MCG 100,024.

There is no bigger attendance at the MCG.

Absolutely. Watching it on the day I thought he was good but not brilliant but after watching the replay countless times he was enormous. Obviously culminating in the “Handball of God” to Jordy and the kick to WHE with a minute to go that Fly told him that only 10 or so players in the comp would of had the composure to do rather than bomb it out of there. That’s some serious second year blues. BALLS 😂
Corrected it for you.

De Goey much the same. 18 disposals/2 goals... good not great game. Then you watch the replay and look at the stats and realise 17 of those 18 were effective. One of the best 18 touch games you'll see. Match winning performance, and is now a Collingwood champion for all time.
So pleased for the bloke. After being on the outer at times and being hammered in the media he has shaken it all off. A wonderful finals player who was magnificent in the prelim and very important in the GF. He’s an immortal now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back