Best moment of the Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

The Final siren absolutely.
But there were so many.
Crisp's goal to send us into half-time with a lead.
Pendles' goal late in Q3 to regain the lead.
De Goey from Baby Daics just when you thought we might be in for another bloody GF heartbreak.
Sidey from outside 50 to give us the buffer.
And every single Dayne Zorko stuff-up 😍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sidey's goal was amazing. I remember a time when he could barely kick 40m from a set shot. Now he's comfortably kicking them 50? WTF

Degoey's second goal a close second. Talk about your two star mids taking the bull by the horns and getting it done when it matters. Perfection.

What was your favourite moment from the Grand Final today?
The siren.

I will be brutally honest when I say that this GF lacked a little because I was so amazingly confident that the Pies would win.
There was no point in the match that I thought we were behind, though also no point we had it wrapped up.
Always confident that the win was just a bit of effort away.

Honestly such a crazy feeling. Not sure if it's my age, years of GF' experience converted to wisdom?
McRae's touch?
Who knows.
Heres a guy coaching a GF who'se wife has a baby that morning and he is cool as ?
Names her Maggie Grace.
Holy s**t!!
I'm not sure what to make of it.
I know Kingsley won the coaches award, but surely he will hand it to Fly?
Fly's grace and coolness under prerssure is absolutely *in elite even in an international context.

Hard to go past Bobby’s many moments of sheer brilliance, Jordy’s two powerful goals, Crispy’s goals, Checkers’ amazing snap and Sidey’s long bomb. So many highlights!

Apart from those, I loved lots of the post game stuff:

* Markov lying on the ground and making snow angels in the confetti.

* Hearing big Mason reflecting on his journey and getting teary when talking about what Fly means to him.

* Hearing Jordy sound so calm and content with the club, his footy and life.

* Hearing Bobby Hill speak so glowingly about how welcome the club has made him and his family feel - we really have come a long way.

What a magic day! Love to all! Go Pies!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back