Best moment of the Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Cop out but I’ll say the red time set shot goals collectively. I’m so used to bleeding goals in red time, so to have them give us enormous momentum was such an immense positive.

Cop out but I’ll say the red time set shot goals collectively. I’m so used to bleeding goals in red time, so to have them give us enormous momentum was such an immense positive.
It was the difference in the end.

For me, the Daicos/Pendles centre clearance and De Goey goal to put us up. So easily could have got to water after the Cameron goal, but to take the initiative and put us back up within 20sec was just so good.

During the game it had to be DeGoey's goal in the fourth. I was so deflated when Brisbane regained the lead with 5 minutes left. DeGoey's goal was brilliant and to regain the lead in less than a minute gave the players hope.

After the siren it was seeing the pure joy from the bench. That footage of them going berserk was beautiful and I could have it on repeat.

So many.
Obviously when the siren finally blew!

But think it was seeing Pendles and Steele become dual premiership players. These two blokes are so special to me. Loved seeing them reaching the ultimate, together, again!

Steele’s goal, absolutely EPIC. The magpie army were all jumping for joy. I was at ground level so couldn’t feel it but I’m sure the stands were shaking!

The crowd was amazingly loud for the small representation we got to have.

Apart from Bobby, Steele, JDG etc etc etc, I must admit I shed a tear for Nathan Murphy when he collected his medal. Was shattered for him when he was forced off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

During the game it had to be DeGoey's goal in the fourth. I was so deflated when Brisbane regained the lead with 5 minutes left. DeGoey's goal was brilliant and to regain the lead in less than a minute gave the players hope.

After the siren it was seeing the pure joy from the bench. That footage of them going berserk was beautiful and I could have it on repeat.

The totally joyful celebration of the supporters around me after the siren especially my daughters and the guy with the huge tattoo of the Collingwood logo ( I think his name was Paul) who cried like a baby for 10 minutes.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The banner holding up
A couple of bad omens for the 2018 gf, thankfully no chemist warehouse bags in West Coast colours covering every seat on arrival today

Cameron putting the Lions in front with 5 minutes to go and all those Carlton supporters given false hope that we lost another one only to have their hearts shattered by Jordy and Sidey.
I am so pleased we won to see Camerons face after the siren, him and his late sniper attack on Howe when the ball had gone.

For the salty neutrals, I reckon this moment was pretty good. If you’re still upset, here’s the number for the wahhhhmbulance: COLL16-2023

IMG_8341.jpeg

For the salty neutrals, I reckon this moment was pretty good. If you’re still upset, here’s the number for the wahhhhmbulance: COLL16-2023

View attachment 1818777

Definitely don’t talk about Mason Cox incorrect disposal in their goalsquare in the first quarter. They’d lose their minds, if it weren’t for the fact that only umpiring mistakes in the last two minutes affect the outcome of the game.

Definitely don’t talk about Mason Cox incorrect disposal in their goalsquare in the first quarter. They’d lose their minds, if it weren’t for the fact that only umpiring mistakes in the last two minutes affect the outcome of the game.
The fixation on the advantage is just heavy copium. It’s such a non-factor over a whole game. What if we didn’t kick a million behinds? What if Murphy didn’t get hurt? Etc Etc etc

There were plenty of umpiring shockers to go around on both sides , a number of which lead to goals for Brisbane . I actually detect more salt about this game from neutrals than Brisbane supporters to be honest - it's weird. If we'd lost it would've been daylight robbery and really only a close thing because of Brisbane's uncanny knack of icing their limited opportunities.

Goodie's "expected scores" will prove that I'm right ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back