Your favourite 2023 Grand Final moments

Remove this Banner Ad

One of my favourite moments and the moment I will hate every time they replay the last few minutes.
Hodge and Richo sooking about the advantage call.
One one hand, I loved hearing the pain in their voices. On the other hand, they need to be edited out of the coverage every time it's replayed. Campaigners.
get the blu-ray dvd, you'll never have to listen to them again

One of my favourite moments and the moment I will hate every time they replay the last few minutes.
Hodge and Richo sooking about the advantage call.
One one hand, I loved hearing the pain in their voices. On the other hand, they need to be edited out of the coverage every time it's replayed. Campaigners.
I love Hodgey’s insight at times but * me he was painful the entire game to listen to as a former Lions player that couldn’t hide his bias

The passage of play that resulted in DeGoey goal to regain the lead is the greatest I have seen in 45-odd years watching the pies. And at one of the most crucial moments in our history. Just phenomenal. I have watched it hundreds of times. Have not watched full replay but if I want a lift I watch that.

Two handballs from Nick Daicos in that passage of play travelled a total of about five metres 😂😂😂😂😂😂. That’s the sort of stuff that coaches used to tell players not to do…. Would never have happened in Haley’s day!,,,

A satisfying aspect of the win was having our senior coaches successfully plotting the demise of the team who they played for and previously plotted our demise That and a contentious umpiring decision which we were on the other end of in 2002. Agree with pebbles that we got one back.
And then both Fly and Leppa rocked up to the Lions premiership reunion the next day. I bet they had a smug satisfaction when they rolled in

A satisfying aspect of the win was having our senior coaches successfully plotting the demise of the team who they played for and previously plotted our demise That and a contentious umpiring decision which we were on the other end of in 2002. Agree with pebbles that we got one back.

Got 1 of the 2 they Owe Us;)

Oppo supporters all know how much of a freak Nick is. They’re just too jealous to admit it on the whole. The ones that call him soft are the ones with the biggest insecurities personally. They deserve our pity rather than ridicule the sad little humans.
No I’m happy to ridicule the dumb campaigners.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Struggled a bit with the boardwalk today. A fair bit of flooding and mud, especially with white runners. Took over an hour to get burgers at Dulcies today for a late lunch. Try again tomorrow. What’s your normal go on NYE?

The passage of play that resulted in DeGoey goal to regain the lead is the greatest I have seen in 45-odd years watching the pies. And at one of the most crucial moments in our history. Just phenomenal. I have watched it hundreds of times. Have not watched full replay but if I want a lift I watch that.

Add Sidey's goal and it's the greatest 1.5 mins of footy I've seen in 45odd years of watching footy! I was beyond happy.

Lots of great moments, and really easy to enjoy. The way Fly coaches the boys, you know they will find a way and if we lose our opponents will have earned it.

The iconic goal is such a clear moment, I think half of Australia knew De Goey was going to get it from before the ball up, even the commentators were calling it.

Another moment was Elliots missed shot from 40-50 out. I wasn't in the least concerned. I thought "he always kicks these when we need them, if he misses its OK, we didn't need it". Zero logic but the way we play now a miss doesn't sour the mood, heads don't drop, sometimes they even laugh it off and then they go again.

Lol went to the toilet during the Bobby Hill goal heard the crowd roar.

Degoey last quarter goal and the Steele goal are pretty hard to go past.

Couple underrated moments

Hill tackle HTB on the flank in the last.
Pendles goal in the third
Mitchell getting that high free with minute left
Crisp long bomb first goal
Daicos getting the ball to WHE just before HT

I’m here for the underrated moments

Bobby Hill’s run down tackle on Starcevich in front of the Shane Warne Stand

Right under me I was level 2 just under the S on the Shane Warne stand.

It was incredible.

Felt like it was action galore on that side of the ground in the last.

My favourite Grand Final moment was Bobby Hill's 4 goals and that speccy in the 2nd quarter winning him the Norm Smith Medal. Also Nick to De Goey to set up that goal and Sidebottom's sealer in the last quarter plus Pendles' goal late in the 3rd quarter.
Sidearse sealer was the zenith, but each of the quarter ending goals were inspirational.
Personally everything after the first failed bounce was a highlight.
Even Brisbane's goals were for the most part noteworthy for one reason or other.

Simply a truly great game, which finally went our way, and one which will always be up there with the greatest Grand Finals ever.

Sidearse sealer was the zenith, but each of the quarter ending goals were inspirational.
Personally everything after the first failed bounce was a highlight.
Even Brisbane's goals were for the most part noteworthy for one reason or other.

Simply a truly great game, which finally went our way, and one which will always be up there with the greatest Grand Finals ever.
Which is pretty much universally agreed upon……

Apart from Bigfooty of course. There are some actual sad flogs on the main board that think this years grand final is “overrated“. Wonder if these jealous pencil heads would be of the same opinion had Brisbane kicked another goal and won. 🤔🤦🏼‍♂️.

Its always pleasing to know our success burns some people so much the rational part of their brain fails to function when discussing Collingwood. 🥰

Everytime I watch the replay I pick up on little things I love. Jordy jumping into the crowd after the final siren on the members wing which you only see for a split second on the replay made my heart swell with joy after all he’s been through. Full redemption is complete and look out for this beast next year and beyond.

Couple underrated moments

Hill tackle HTB on the flank in the last.
Pendles goal in the third
Mitchell getting that high free with minute left
Crisp long bomb first goal
Daicos getting the ball to WHE just before HT
The other one is the tackle from Leggy on Rainer that hindered his handle ball.
WHE intercepted it, Mihocek snapped it through from the resultant kick forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back