Your favourite 2023 Grand Final moments

Remove this Banner Ad

Too many to name.....

Two Bobby moments. Firstly the speccy over Starcevich and the snap goal from the forward pocket.

The Degoey goal in the last, after receiving the freak handball from Naicos

Both JDG and Crisp after the siren goals

The last quarter played by the legend Pendles

Sideys long bomb in the last to just about make the result safe.

Moore and Fly lifting the cup

Hugging and celebrating with my son once the final siren went. Absolute memories forever!!!

Underrated moment in the last quarter is Hoskin-Elliott’s mark out wide from a quick Naicos kick. Running full tilt that late in the game, many players may have not balanced the ball in their hands properly but Will has great hands.
Since we're on the underrated bandwagon....i'm at the other end of that play.
Nicks change of mind mid kick to see WHE and then stop his kick, change angle and kick it to basically the only spot where WHE could take it without body contact was just insane. Good mark to finish the play. But of that kick goes anywhere else its a contest.

I would suggest maybe 5 players in the AFL could make that play.
The rest would have continued with the original decision and bombed it out of defense.

Watching the replay there are a lot of blink and you miss it Nick Daicos moments that were pure brilliance

I know he wasn’t BOG but he was a lot closer to that status than it might have appeared at first glance
3rd Q outer wing
Titch handball a bit too high, Nick taps it, volleys ball on left surging the ball forward along the boundary, then right foot kick half volley to Checkers / Bobby / Pendles
Brilliant.

That and playing in front of Neale to win the essential clearance that lead to the JDG goal
Add that some instantaneous handballs under pressure

What a game

That was the moment I knew we were home.

For sure. Game over. A two goal break at that point in time was going to be enough given Collingwoods massive reputation at defending small leads at the death.

Was concerned but only slightly concerned when the Lions (Daniher?) got another one but no way in hell the boys were going to let themselves down after the magnificent efforts of Steele, and moments before that the Cox/Naicos/Pendles/Naicos/DeGoey combo.

For sure. Game over. A two goal break at that point in time was going to be enough given Collingwoods massive reputation at defending small leads at the death.

Was concerned but only slightly concerned when the Lions (Daniher?) got another one but no way in hell the boys were going to let themselves down after the magnificent efforts of Steele, and moments before that the Cox/Naicos/Pendles/Naicos/DeGoey combo.
Probably were a bit poor closing the game down late in the match. A couple of times Cox got a knock out into space, rather than dropping it straight down to keep the ball in close and get repeat stoppages. Genuinely scared that we could find a new way in the last 90 seconds to lose a GF that we should have won.
Whilst not my favourite moment, Mitchell getting the head high free was the time l knew we had the game won.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably were a bit poor closing the game down late in the match. A couple of times Cox got a knock out into space, rather than dropping it straight down to keep the ball in close and get repeat stoppages. Genuinely scared that we could find a new way in the last 90 seconds to lose a GF that we should have won.
Whilst not my favourite moment, Mitchell getting the head high free was the time l knew we had the game won.
Yes I can't remember any other time Cox has ever got a hit out and been the first 'mid' at the follow up possession

The passage of play that resulted in DeGoey goal to regain the lead is the greatest I have seen in 45-odd years watching the pies. And at one of the most crucial moments in our history. Just phenomenal. I have watched it hundreds of times. Have not watched full replay but if I want a lift I watch that.

The passage of play that resulted in DeGoey goal to regain the lead is the greatest I have seen in 45-odd years watching the pies. And at one of the most crucial moments in our history. Just phenomenal. I have watched it hundreds of times. Have not watched full replay but if I want a lift I watch that.
Iconic, epic, legendary, biblical. Choose your own superlative they’re all accurate. 😍

Too many to name.

A few that stick out to me:
•Mihocek’s around the corner goal
•Crisp’s clutch goal on the pocket from 50
•De Goey’s goal on the quarter time siren
•Nick creating something out of nothing right before half-time which led to Crisp’s second goal
• Bobby *ing Hill
• Howe playing out the last quarter after Cameron cracked his ribs 5 mins into the last quarter and marking everything
•Pendles turning back the clock in the last quarter
• Cox - Nick - Pendles - Nick - De Goey
• Sidebottom’s 55m roost
• Nick’s clean gather at HB in the dying seconds and pulling the kick that finds WHE

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
And please don’t forget the Nick handball to Quaynor that set up De Goeys first goal. Was so quick the commentators missed it, but almost as impressive as the last quarter one imo.

His game, after coming back so quickly from a serious knee injury, was quite remarkable. Moments of class that helped win us the game. And why it will be so important - and hard - to replace players like pendles and Sidey, who continually excel in the big moments…

And I can’t help thinking about how blessed we have been to get just a few years of seeing pendles and Nick play together. Both at their prime would’ve been freakish..

And please don’t forget the Nick handball to Quaynor that set up De Goeys first goal. Was so quick the commentators missed it, but almost as impressive as the last quarter one imo.

His game, after coming back so quickly from a serious knee injury, was quite remarkable. Moments of class that helped win us the game. And why it will be so important - and hard - to replace players like pendles and Sidey, who continually excel in the big moments…

And I can’t help thinking about how blessed we have been to get just a few years of seeing pendles and Nick play together. Both at their prime would’ve been freakish..
Needs to lift his game though. Only Daicos not to win a Copeland.

We are so blessed to have Nick and Pendles play together.

What’s even better is we’ll get so see them run out together for at least another 20 odd games. Hopefully they both get to lift the cup again.

I have a couple of mates who thought Nick was overrated (I know, idiots). After his Grand Final performance they all ate humble pie.

We are so blessed to have Nick and Pendles play together.

What’s even better is we’ll get so see them run out together for at least another 20 odd games. Hopefully they both get to lift the cup again.

I have a couple of mates who thought Nick was overrated (I know, idiots). After his Grand Final performance they all ate humble pie.

Oppo supporters all know how much of a freak Nick is. They’re just too jealous to admit it on the whole. The ones that call him soft are the ones with the biggest insecurities personally. They deserve our pity rather than ridicule the sad little humans.

Oppo supporters all know how much of a freak Nick is. They’re just too jealous to admit it on the whole. The ones that call him soft are the ones with the biggest insecurities personally. They deserve our pity rather than ridicule the sad little humans.
I reckon one more season and there won't be any debate Nick is the best player in the league.

One of my favourite moments and the moment I will hate every time they replay the last few minutes.
Hodge and Richo sooking about the advantage call.
One one hand, I loved hearing the pain in their voices. On the other hand, they need to be edited out of the coverage every time it's replayed. Campaigners.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back