Dees set 5 year deadline to win a flag

Remove this Banner Ad

donkeypunchd

Club Legend
Nov 26, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Saw this in the paper yesterday, thought it interesting given the redevelopment of Lathlain Park. It’s 21 years since the Dees played finals. Seems the club partially blame the reallocation of the SE corridor to Peel’s zone as one of the reasons for their consistent inability to field a competitive outfit, although this may be a copout given Peel’s struggles pre-alignment.

What do posters here think? The club certainly has some assets in its favour, its financially stable (for now) and has some interesting young talent in their list but they’ve been a blight on the competition for the past few years and the Presidents comment that long term survival may rely on winning a flag soon doesn’t seem too far fetched to me. For my money it would be a shame for a club with such a proud history to either fail or degenerate into a franchise of the Eagles once they move in. Anything is achievable but this seems an over ambitious aspiration to me.

I know a couple of the newer board members Carbine Chaos and they have the cash behind them, they assure me, but they also know they have been run in a very average fashion for a while. Kudos to them in that they are hell bent on turning them around. Hopefully this version of events goes to script and better than previous attempts. IMO Perth are a sleeping giant in terms of supporters and fan base and if they get up and about I reckon we'll see a few come out of the woodwork. Looking at it from a WAFL supporter's perspective it would be very good for the WAFL if Perth came out of hibernation.

I know a couple of the newer board members Carbine Chaos and they have the cash behind them, they assure me, but they also know they have been run in a very average fashion for a while. Kudos to them in that they are hell bent on turning them around. Hopefully this version of events goes to script and better than previous attempts. IMO Perth are a sleeping giant in terms of supporters and fan base and if they get up and about I reckon we'll see a few come out of the woodwork. Looking at it from a WAFL supporter's perspective it would be very good for the WAFL if Perth came out of hibernation.
I’d like to believe mate but I just struggle to see it coming to fruition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back