Prediction Delisting...

Remove this Banner Ad

Weeks before Jones made his debut Strnadica was told by both Lyon and Bond several times that all he had to do was maintain his form and it was possible a debut was close.
After the Jones played his first game ( remembering Jones was in terrible form at Peel ) Strnadica was not given the same level of support by either Bond or Lyon again. ( this was told to me towards the end of the season ).
He is possibly moving down the road to Neale.
I have been a big supporter of lyons over the time, not so much now.

For the NGAs, do we have to wait until after the rookie draft is completed before we know if Medhat and Carter can be listed as category B?
Or can we list them as category B before the Rookie draft?
If it follows the father son system, if the player isn't taken in the main draft, including the preseason draft then the players (if pre-selected by the club) automatically are available to the club as their rookie picks. I'm assuming it will be similar only the players will go on the Cat B rookie list , not Cat A.

ACADEMY PLAYERS – ROOKIE PRE-SELECTION

Like father-son players, under the previous AFL rules, Academy players were subject to a bidding system before the National Draft if they were nominated by an eligible club but could not be pre-selected by that club before the Rookie Draft.

Clubs with Academy programs – the Brisbane Lions, Gold Coast Suns, Sydney Swans and GWS Giants – should have the chance to pre-select local talent from the pool of players in their Academy between the Pre-Season and Rookie Drafts if those players nominated for but were not selected at the most recent National or Pre-Season Drafts.

The amendment is designed to create incentives for Academy clubs to develop talent by providing opportunities for them to rookie list players for further development.

Only draft-eligible club Academy players who were nominated by their club at the designated time and played in the National Championships are eligible to be pre-selected as a Category B rookie.

Weeks before Jones made his debut Strnadica was told by both Lyon and Bond several times that all he had to do was maintain his form and it was possible a debut was close.
After the Jones played his first game ( remembering Jones was in terrible form at Peel ) Strnadica was not given the same level of support by either Bond or Lyon again. ( this was told to me towards the end of the season ).
He is possibly moving down the road to Neale.
I have been a big supporter of lyons over the time, not so much now.
Lloyd selected the extra rucks, saying that they can all fight it out e.g may the best man/men win. Not sure it turned out that way, the contracted ones won. Left Strnadica very vulnerable.

Preseason, so immediately prior to the Rookie draft.
Given there is effectively no preseason draft anymore it really be after the main draft.

Ok that makes sense, because hanging around till the end of the rookie draft waiting to match a bid on Carter or Medhat would make redrafting Nyhuis (for example) really difficult.

Lloyd selected the extra rucks, saying that they can all fight it out e.g may the best man/men win. Not sure it turned out that way, the contracted ones won. Left Strnadica very vulnerable.
Yep a dog eat dog industry, however my concern is more the lack of feedback to a young player at the time. I'm not going into details ( I don't all that much more anyhow) but a few things didn't sound all that professional .
More about player management than a rookie getting the chop.

Yep a dog eat dog industry, however my concern is more the lack of feedback to a young player at the time. I'm not going into details ( I don't all that much more anyhow) but a few things didn't sound all that professional .
More about player management than a rookie getting the chop.
I hope future clean-outs don't stop at players and Bond.

I feel sorry for Nads, was developing well but then we drafted Meek and Jones - and Nads was relegated to the reserves earlier this year because of it. He was always the most promising prospect for the hybrid forward/ruck role that Lobb plays, but now we may never know how high his ceiling was. Still so young so I wished we had kept developing him and given him more opportunities. His hitouts in the WAFL this year were as good as (or better than) Jones and Meek in many games if my memory serves me correctly, and he's more dangerous up forward.

I feel sorry for Nads, was developing well but then we drafted Meek and Jones - and Nads was relegated to the reserves earlier this year because of it. He was always the most promising prospect for the hybrid forward/ruck role that Lobb plays, but now we may never know how high his ceiling was. Still so young so I wished we had kept developing him and given him more opportunities. His hitouts in the WAFL this year were as good as (or better than) Jones and Meek in many games if my memory serves me correctly, and he's more dangerous up forward.

I don't rate Jones. He's far too slow for AFL. Meek may become a better ruck than Jones however Strad was developing and IMO didn't get as easier run with the selection process than the others.

I don't rate Jones. He's far too slow for AFL. Meek may become a better ruck than Jones however Strad was developing and IMO didn't get as easier run with the selection process than the others.
Meek and Jones are just that- cumbersome ruckmen. Slow too. Meek will fight above his weight for Peel, that’s it really.

Strnadica unlucky.

From what I’ve seen of him he is more suited to being a fwd who can ruck. Was a work in progress for Ruck work.

Unfortunately Strnadica is a victim of circumstances in that we have so many rucks/fwds. Posters are struggling to fit Tabs into the team. I felt Tabs ruck work earlier in the year was much improved.

I feel both of Apeness and Jones will follow suit with one to be retained onto the rookie list.

There is always the mid season draft. Should Sandi break down before mid-season and retire we could use that draft to add back the better performed of Strnadica and say Jones.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back