Oppo Camp Delusional Pearlers III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we stack this thread with delusional dogs supporters? How do they get so arrogant when their club has only qualified for a grand final only 3 times in their history?
I'd be cocky too if I was a supporter. DAT LIST.

14. Essendon - talented, Paris, Francis and McGrath, lack depth though, apart from Hurley, don't have much of a backline (presuming Hooker plays forward)
:D.

It'll be projected based on unadjusted data from 2016, and possibly 2015 as well. Anyone who has been injured or suspended or played out of position will have dodgy numbers because their 2016 averages won't be an accurate basis for making predictions about 2017. Not sure what Melbourne's excuse is, but statistics are only as good as the person interpreting them.

Hoe Deer.

Watching Merrett run around in an otherwise hopeless rabble of a team for 22 weeks has brainwashed Bombers fans about Merrett. He'd be about the 6th or 7th best mid at the Dogs, Swans, Giants, etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe tweet him & ask if they mixed up Melbourne & Richmond?....Has got to be a typo.....I mean, Are Prestia & Caddy really That good?o_O

I love how Caddy is all of a sudden an A-grade midfielder.

Oh Richmond...

Wowsers. I guess he only got all those brownlow votes because the umps felt sorry for us.
Zach Merrett 3 seasons, 20 brownlow votes.
Dion Prestia 6 seasons, 23 brownlow votes.
Josh Caddy 6 seasons, 8 brownlow votes.

I am not buying the "you get more votes in a crap team" explanation. Our Zach is quality.

Merrett has out performed Boyd by a country mile to this stage of their career BUT Boyd is a young KPF who has showed glimpses of what he is able to do and that is being a match winner. Zac is great but you always have to take the fwd before the mid. If Essendon had pick one, we would have taken Boyd. If the dogs offered Boyd for Merrett now we would take it.

That being said, Merrett is an Essendon boy now and I hope he never leaves our club.

Sorry Daffo, you're gonna have to wear this one - that is utterly absurd.

Zach Merrett is absolutely untouchable. He's 21 years old, is already flirting with elite status as a midfielder, and has actively accepted significant unders from a contract perspective AND has taken it upon himself to act as a leader of the football club.

I can assure you, if you presented this view to the people who would make this call at Essendon, they would laugh you out of the building.

Sorry Daffo, you're gonna have to wear this one - that is utterly absurd.

Zach Merrett is absolutely untouchable. He's 21 years old, is already flirting with elite status as a midfielder, and has actively accepted significant unders from a contract perspective AND has taken it upon himself to act as a leader of the football club.

I can assure you, if you presented this view to the people who would make this call at Essendon, they would laugh you out of the building.

You can cover someone like Merrett. I know he is a gun, he is one of my favourite players but I'm a big believer of KPPs are the most important on the ground and win you games of footy.

I also know that Merrett is loved at the club and I doubt he will ever leave (which is why I put in that last line) but I think it's delusional that some people still don't rate Boyd. I would kill to have someone like him at the club. If we had Boyd in 2017 I would expect us to play finals.

You can cover someone like Merrett. I know he is a gun, he is one of my favourite players but I'm a big believer of KPPs are the most important on the ground and win you games of footy.

I also know that Merrett is loved at the club and I doubt he will ever leave (which is why I put in that last line) but I think it's delusional that some people still don't rate Boyd. I would kill to have someone like him at the club. If we had Boyd in 2017 I would expect us to play finals.
It's not about not rating Boyd though, it's about the fact that Merrett will be captain of this club one day and one of the best midfielders in the competition.

He's untouchable. And I'd take Boyd at Essendon in a flash.

Rating a KPF because they are a KPF is utterly absurd mate.

Boyd has been WELL out performed by tall players of his generation (his draft year, and the draft either side of him).

Under no circumstances, absolutely none, do you swap known elite of the same age, for nothing more than hopes and dreams. It is ludicrous in the extreme.

It's the trade Jade's taking issue with. That said, we can pop Jade's "no club would even consider Boyd over Merrett" in here too.

I wasn't kidding.

Absolutely zero. Not one club would take Boyd ahead of Merrett given a choice.

Rating a KPF because they are a KPF is utterly absurd mate.

Boyd has been WELL out performed by tall players of his generation (his draft year, and the draft either side of him).

Under no circumstances, absolutely none, do you swap known elite of the same age, for nothing more than hopes and dreams. It is ludicrous in the extreme.

Boyd's career to date, I'd have to agree. Where to from here will be interesting as his performances in the prelim and GF were fantastic. It was like having to ruck against Mumford in the prelim and not get crushed gave him serious belief and brought him out of his shell.

2017 will be very interesting and hindsight heroes will try to make you eat your words if he continues in the vein of his prelim/GF, but performances to date I'm inclined to agree with you as 2 games does not a career make.

I wasn't kidding.
That doesn't make you right. Let's take a less controversial example: Daniher.

I'm of the opinion that Merrett is, so far, a better footballer, and yet I'd take Daniher every day of the week and then some.

Now, Boyd obviously isn't Daniher, but the decision correspondingly isn't so clear cut. I'd take Merrett, you'd take Merrett, rightly or wrongly plenty wouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back