Analysis Derek Hine

Remove this Banner Ad

I think if we had been given the concessions they have and then lost them hardly anyone would care.

They aren't your typical club or list yet and are very much in the surplus for those top 10 players.
So the fact we haven't been given concessions and have still managed to put together a decent list is pretty good work from Hine.

Little birdy told me Terry Wallace seen having coffee with Walsh. Could he be our next list manager?
113002-thumb.jpg

I think Terry has found his niche. Much like David King. They have the relative safety of talking a lot of crap about footy without having any actual impact on it. Should stay this way, particularly if the term 'Collingwood' is mentioned in any way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is not very good for Terry Wallace's future prospects that more people believed my Oren Stephenson and Hams rumours :(
I'm looking forward to 'the list manager' aggressively acquiring both Hams and Stephenson.

It's all coming together for you in a neat little package.

I'm looking forward to 'the list manager' aggressively acquiring both Hams and Stephenson.

It's all coming together for you in a neat little package.
Except his name is Stephen Orrenson.

Big Derek went from plucking Beams 2nd round to lumbering us with Sier, for everything there is a season, turn turn turn.

Just heard on SEN that all of Sydney's backline (minus Mills) are rookies.

Last time Hine had success like that is back in 2010-2011.

Yet as list manager Hine and our Club have kept two "accidental" drug cheats on our list for threeeeeeeeeee *ing years.......lost opportunity????

Just heard on SEN that all of Sydney's backline (minus Mills) are rookies.

Last time Hine had success like that is back in 2010-2011.

Yet as list manager Hine and our Club have kept two "accidental" drug cheats on our list for threeeeeeeeeee ruddy years.......lost opportunity????
Sydney's development is also top notch. The other thing we have been lacking.

Yeah, considering what James Stewart said about being grateful to have gone to GWS instead of Collingwood, it's probably more of a development issue than a recruitment one. 9 wins two years straight from a top 4 midfield and a list that should be pushing for top 6 pretty much confirms that

I agree 100% with that.........it seems like we are addressing that area this year.

The Sydney recruiting team also had to "work harder" because of the Tippett & Buddy contracts and draft penalty the following year.

We didn't..........Sier at 30 WTF.......he should have been the definition of a Rookie pick IMO.

That pick 30 "should have been" on a KPP........not an underage mid. List management fail.....AGAIN.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back