Discussion Design a Kit Competition Idea

Remove this Banner Ad

Bumping this comment Silent because it's been said before and it's so true.

Of course people prefer traditional designs in practice. When designing though, the more flashy ones are more appealing and generally take a bit of skill. Recolouring a sash, hoops, etc can hardly be considered design.

The simpler designs will get a lot of praise on here - IF they are creative/unique. If they are just the same thing we have seen a hundred times, who really cares?

Of course people prefer traditional designs in practice. When designing though, the more flashy ones are more appealing and generally take a bit of skill. Recolouring a sash, hoops, etc can hardly be considered design.

The simpler designs will get a lot of praise on here - IF they are creative/unique. If they are just the same thing we have seen a hundred times, who really cares?

Well Said. :thumbsu:

Agreed.:thumbsu:

Well, my approach to competitions has been: what are we likely to see out on the field? Overdesigned jumpers generally don't have a place - look at what people say about the Hawks clash, Crows clash, "piss stain" Lions etc.

Designing flamboyant jumpers is OK, but don't expect my vote. If you want to create a masterpiece then designing footy jumpers is beneath you... go to deviantART and join a proper art community.

I'd love to enter the WACP and other similar comps, but I find that the best idea I could come up with would be a striped, hooped or otherwise similar design that simply has no chance of winning (and rightly so), so why bother entering?

AGOTW is better because it gives you a bit more freedom, but a home guernsey should be strong and bold, so it's usually difficult to satisfy that and have something interesting at the same time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back