Desktop computers

Remove this Banner Ad

Thoughts on this for $800?

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/hp-s01-pf0315d-slim-desktop-tower-512gb-i5

At the moment just have a cheapo 5 year old Dell 3646, it's used just for web browsing and watching movies on a TV next to it. For something so basic most of the time it still does the job 'ok' even now but will at some stage also use it for streaming Kayo on the TV so have been thinking about getting something better.
TBH sems overkill for what you need, unless you're planning to do some other things with it down the track

Thoughts on this for $800?

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/hp-s01-pf0315d-slim-desktop-tower-512gb-i5

At the moment just have a cheapo 5 year old Dell 3646, it's used just for web browsing and watching movies on a TV next to it. For something so basic most of the time it still does the job 'ok' even now but will at some stage also use it for streaming Kayo on the TV so have been thinking about getting something better.

I ended up getting a Dell with the same processor as that. Just running two screens atm for work but tested out streaming on both at the same time and does the job.

I'm interested in buying a new or used desktop for home office work, streaming (netflix/kayo), and trading. Something reliable and capable of doing all 3 functions simultaneously.

Key things I'm look for are:
* Loading speed, so I want an SSD.
* Capability to connect up to 4 screens.
* Multitasking on different screens without lag.
* Lights and a good looking case are a nice touch even though not necessary.
* Something with windows 10.
* No set budget, but I don't want to pay extra for things that wont be used.

Does anyone have suggestions? Cheers

I'm interested in buying a new or used desktop for home office work, streaming (netflix/kayo), and trading. Something reliable and capable of doing all 3 functions simultaneously.

Mwave are fantastic if you've the time to research the specs of what you want.

You can always buy the parts yourself (far cheaper) and get a local PC store to configure it for a relatively good price. That's my .02, anyway.

If you're intent on using Windows 10 and can't be arsed to build one, I can only recommend Lenovo's Think range in terms of retail PCs.

Not saying this is a definitive guide, but check it out...

I've never tried hooking up four screens to a PC at home - no space for it.

I run 2 external screens on my laptop (the 3rd via USB-C to HDMI). That's the maximum my laptop can do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back