Opinion Did Taranto and Hopper make a mistake leaving the Giants for Richmond?

Did Taranto and Hopper make a mistake leaving the Giants for Richmond?

• Yes

Votes: 255 72.2%
  • No

Votes: 98 27.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice try.

We will always be "friends of the Giants" after giving us Bruhn and (especially) Cameron, then sinking Richmond with the Taranto/Hopper deals.

It is more than a fair trade for you to be able to call Bruhn a mummy's boy, so have at it. I imagine it must be thrillingly cathartic! Works for the Pies and O.Henry.
Love the sinking Richmond call :)

That would be because most people will say he is awesome etc etc as a player for them.

You went as if I’d murdered your firstborn.

As I said, dumpster fire.

No I didn’t mate. I said that it was a ridiculous comment and that it doesn’t define someone’s heart to want to move states and that if you played professional football you’d probably s**t yourself, as most of us probably would. Does that define you - or anyone else as a pea heart.

It’s a dumb notion.

No I didn’t mate. I said that it was a ridiculous comment and that it doesn’t define someone’s heart to want to move states and that if you played professional football you’d probably s**t yourself, as most of us probably would. Does that define you - or anyone else as a pea heart.

It’s a dumb notion.
Not at all. Have seen nothing to show me that what I thought of him then is incorrect.
As for your comments? Yes you took it personal.

You won’t change my mind Phat and I won’t change yours so let’s move on to the topic at hand. Taranto and Hoppers payday.

Great point. 2 different deals.

Hopper is far less talented and cant stay on the park. Bizarre acquisition by the tiges.

Not really we got them to have one last crack at a flag as well as providing some sort experience for the young midfielders coming up. So drafting inside mids would’ve been to slow.

Our inside mid stocks were really gross which is why we got both and they were the only decent ones we could get. That’s all it is, timing is a massive factor in footy.

Nice try.

We will always be "friends of the Giants" after giving us Bruhn and (especially) Cameron, then sinking Richmond with the Taranto/Hopper deals.

It is more than a fair trade for you to be able to call Bruhn a mummy's boy, so have at it. I imagine it must be thrillingly cathartic! Works for the Pies and O.Henry.
Someone is still upset about Richmond sinking Geelong in three finals series. And I guess taking Taranto and Hopper (we need a portmanteau) is a fair price for sinking the Giants in two.

Someone is still upset about Richmond sinking Geelong in three finals series. And I guess taking Taranto and Hopper (we need a portmanteau) is a fair price for sinking the Giants in two.
No thanks for your handheld guide to the stats on wheelo I gave you though, I noticed. Straight back to fairly tired trolling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No thanks for your handheld guide to the stats on wheelo I gave you though, I noticed. Straight back to fairly tired trolling.
Sorry for not acknowledging you, I should know that you Geelong fans are quite precious and need validation at all and any opportunities. I'll remember that going forward.

Anyway, the Wheelo stats do throw up some interesting measures. I'm sure you don't want to hear about them though.

And now I've lost my train of thought on the thread I was going to create celebrating Jeremy Cameron. Something something 600 goals something modern great something something future HoF something 800 goals is possible something.

Sorry for not acknowledging you, I should know that you Geelong fans are quite precious and need validation at all and any opportunities. I'll remember that going forward.

Anyway, the Wheelo stats do throw up some interesting measures. I'm sure you don't want to hear about them though.

And now I've lost my train of thought on the thread I was going to create celebrating Jeremy Cameron. Something something 600 goals something modern great something something future HoF something 800 goals is possible something.
Manners cost nothing, but it's easier to be inflammatory and abrasive.

Have a good one!

Absolute pea heart
He is a pea heart. Needed mummy to give him hugs at night.
The mummy's boy did what the big bad lads from the GWS franchise failed to do last week - not go to complete water and show some ticker against Carlton. Warm milk for Tanner tonight! 🥛

Tanner Bruhn is a plodder at best. Cats fans have lost the plot haha.
19 disposals at 84% disposal efficiency in a game like that I'd take over 27 scrappy ones (Hopper style). When he got the footy good things happened. 5 score involvements, 6 clearances and 7 tackles from 63% game time. Bruhn wasn't amazing but he did his job today. He'll get more time on field and pad those stats out as he builds a tank and retirements come in.

19 disposals at 84% disposal efficiency in a game like that I'd take over 27 scrappy ones (Hopper style). When he got the footy good things happened. 5 score involvements, 6 clearances and 7 tackles from 63% game time. Bruhn wasn't amazing but he did his job today. He'll get more time on field and pad those stats out as he builds a tank and retirements come in.

Writing a long paragraph doesn’t make average sound good.

I’d love to be proven wrong, never want anyone to do poorly in their career but right now he is average at best and even comparing to Hopper or Taranto isn’t fair given their outputs. Time on his side but a healthy dose of realism please.

Writing a long paragraph doesn’t make average sound good.

I’d love to be proven wrong, never want anyone to do poorly in their career but right now he is average at best and even comparing to Hopper or Taranto isn’t fair given their outputs. Time on his side but a healthy dose of realism please.
Nah he was decent. One of the cleanest midfielders/best decision makers out there today. Quality over quantity is the go, especially for players going around 60% game time. 80% game time turns that into 25 touches.

Compare that to Hopper the other day. An absolute ball magnet but a turnover machine with zero hurt factor.

Average today was Parfitt and Bowes. Without Bruhn we probably would've lost. He was our main clearance winner and second highest tackler, and used the ball well.

Absolute pea heart
can you blame him? Imagine coming up through juniors, playing for your state, being rated as a top 10 draft pick and then getting picked by.. Greater Western Sydney Giants. Every boys dream I guess?

Back