Didaka Award Rd 4 v GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

That one hurt, particularly with Howe going down like that.

Hard to find players who gave a consistent effort without also making calamitous errors.

5: Moore - on fire early with intercept marking. Did cost us a goal with a bad turnover and let Cameron kick the winner. It was that sort of game for us.
4: Pendlebury - almost dragged us over the line with a great last quarter
3: Crisp - usual good effort
2: Howe - such a shame after having such a great year
1: Adams - kept us in it with his grunt

Not many others held their heads up.

That one hurt, particularly with Howe going down like that.

Hard to find players who gave a consistent effort without also making calamitous errors.

5: Moore - on fire early with intercept marking. Did cost us a goal with a bad turnover and let Cameron kick the winner. It was that sort of game for us.
4: Pendlebury - almost dragged us over the line with a great last quarter
3: Crisp - usual good effort
2: Howe - such a shame after having such a great year
1: Adams - kept us in it with his grunt

Not many others held their heads up.
My votes are the same. Moore's turnover in defence was poor, it was a lazy kick but you can't blame him for the Cameron goal because the kick hit him on the chest and gave him no hope of spoiling.

5 Howe - unbelievable. Deserves the 5 for the last time we see him for a while. One of the best defensive generals going around.

4 Pendlebury - sluggish start but unbelievable second half. Provided us with every chance to win it.

3 Moore - made a couple of utensil-ups by foot and directly cost a goal but can’t knock his efforts. Exquisite on the rebound as usual and conceding two to Cameron is something you’d have taken this morning.

2 Adams - very good for four quarters, only his blood rule absences limited his minutes in the first half. One of his better nights by foot.

1 Crisp - wasteful in the first half but very good after half time and gave us many fighting changes. Can hold head high.

I think they were the clear top 5 and you’d be struggling to pick anybody else. Maybe Grundy who did good things and was by far the best big man on the ground. Mumford did a good job exhausting him by the fourth quarter. If they went with Jacobs, we’d have won with ease.

I didn't think Maynard did too much wrong personally, besides the muffed kick of course
I tend to agree. I’m pretty sure Maynard was off the ground for the first Greene goal, which means he only really had two goals kicked on him... and he was good offensively. One bowler and two goals against, not a great game, but not terrible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Test
5 Pendles
4 Howe
3 Moore
2 Grundy
1 Adams

I didn't think Maynard did too much wrong personally, besides the muffed kick of course

What about the easy mark Greene took waiting behind the pack, and the easy contested mark Greene took just in front of goal, and the failure to spoil by Bruzzy. Those two incidents would be burning inside him still, and fire him up for the Don's...

5 - Howe ( BOG by the length of flemington straight, before the horrible injury)
4 - Pendles
3 - Crisp
2 - Grundy
1 - Moore
Howe was pretty good but would not have said by the length of the Flem straight as he was playing as a loose man at times which he does really well but those looking after opponents have to be more accountable.

Howe was pretty good but would not have said by the length of the Flem straight as he was playing as a loose man at times which he does really well but those looking after opponents have to be more accountable.

The coaches votes will be interesting this week. I'm tipping Howe will be high in the voting, despite not finishing the match.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back