Food/Supplements Diet Diet, Supplements and Enhancers - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

And 400grms of chicken in one go??
That's around 120grms of protein in one sitting.....over half of that is being wasted....let alone the potato on top
Dunno what some of the more pro guys do in here ( DT saj aeog sdhero...sorry for spelling) but I try to not go over 40grms of protein in one meal

Protein isn't wasted but it might be more optimal to have your protein in smaller portions

Protein isn't wasted but it might be more optimal to have your protein in smaller portions
That's still heavily debated. A lot of research suggests 30-40g max depending on age, gender and physical activity is used over a 2-4 hour period and the remainder is stored and ultimately converted to glucose, but other research suggests its stored and released as needed.

That's still heavily debated. A lot of research suggests 30-40g max depending on age, gender and physical activity is used over a 2-4 hour period and the remainder is stored and ultimately converted to glucose, but other research suggests its stored and released as needed.

I was more meaning that the calories from protein still count after 30-40g. Some people think that as soon as you go over 40g you just excrete the protein. If that was the case dieting became a whole lot easier. Just eat a kilo steak in one sitting feel full for 20 hours and it's only 120 calories :p

For your average gym goer who isn't using enhancing supps just make sure you hit your protein requirements each day. That is more important the frequency and timing. Ideally spread your meals out but if time doesn't permit just make sure you eat enough over th course of 24 hours

I use the Coles home brand plain whey protein isolate (from the Warrnambool Butter and Cheese factory) $30 per kilo, cheap as chips and 30g scoop with a heaped tsp of Avalanche sugar free drinking chocolate just mixed with water tastes great.
Have you seen it at many Coles? I've never seen it in my area, or is it new?

Wouldn't be surprised if the Coles around me just don't bother with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have you seen it at many Coles? I've never seen it in my area, or is it new?

Wouldn't be surprised if the Coles around me just don't bother with it.
Been around for 2 or 3 years that I know of, it's in the section that sells chia seed ect.

19970882_762157820625516_1379334342_n.jpg

19970758_762157853958846_705207958_n.jpg

When you take into account delivery fee its the same price

Why can't you trust the Coles nutrition panel? Whey is whey.

Adding in cheap aminos and fillers to bump up heir protein content. I'm not saying they do it but other supplier will

Why can't you trust the Coles nutrition panel? Whey is whey.
There was the ash scandal of a couple of years ago - Bulk Nutrients caught a few companies out by sending our protein testing kits that allowed people to test amino profiles.

Got a free sample of this on the way, will be interesting to see how it tastes:

http://www.bulknutrients.com.au/products/future-whey.html
Just got mine and very impressed. Makes a change from the usual thick drink that's so rich with a creamy texture.
Cola taste is a little unusual but good. For me making up a days supply with the electrolyte blend added and leaving it in the fridge to consume periodically will be brilliant.

Best thing, zero carb and 9.1g protein per 10g powder, that's heaps better than the standard 7.5g per 10g powder. This will be my new go to protein source from now on.

Just got mine and very impressed. Makes a change from the usual thick drink that's so rich with a creamy texture.
Cola taste is a little unusual but good. For me making up a days supply with the electrolyte blend added and leaving it in the fridge to consume periodically will be brilliant.

Best thing, zero carb and 9.1g protein per 10g powder, that's heaps better than the standard 7.5g per 10g powder. This will be my new go to protein source from now on.

Good to hear. We drink mostly sparkling water at home too so this will be a welcome addition!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back