Diet, Supplements and Enhancers

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats 150 pez.
I dont take supplemented protein anymore, i just get it from foods.. Cant say i really miss the stuff.
Also in excessive ammounts it isnt great for your kidneys.

Thats 150 pez.
I dont take any supplemented protein anymore, i just get it from foods.. Cant say i really miss the stuff.
Also in excessive ammounts it isnt great for your kidneys.

This

It appears that weight training can also lead to a daily protein requirement that exceeds the current USRDA. It has been found that 2.0 to 2.2 g/kg/day of protein was barely sufficient to maintain nitrogen balance during moderate intensity weight training. Furthermore, weightlifter's protein requirements increased proportionally to training intensity. Research has shown that 2.0 to 2.6 g/kg/day of protein are required for periods of very intense weight training, whereas protein intakes of 2.0 g/kg/day maintained a positive nitrogen balance during periods of less intense weight training.

Considering I weigh around 80kgs (180cm FYI) and I probably only eat around 40g of protein in my food I might be slightly under supplementing ;)

Honestly I don't know what the right answer is but for me it's a healthy snack, I don't eat s**t food any more and I'm getting some solid results. I'm gonna keep on it.

Considering 1g of Protein only equals 17kj I don't really mind if I overdo it and I'd prefer this than muscle wastage anyway.

when you have a s**t load of protein then the body realises that it is present in abundance and can start using protein as it's main sole energy provider - and that includes muscle

Wow, must have mis-read that - so thats a 60g protein shake (not including the milk if that's what you drink it with) What made you start doing that?

Definitely get more protein from your food, mate. Should at least be having 30-40g with lunch (Chicken, tuna etc) and another 30-40 with dinner (red meat, chicken etc)

when you have a s**t load of protein then the body realises that it is present in abundance and can start using protein as it's main sole energy provider - and that includes muscle

I've read this elsewhere before, how much protein are you talking here?

@ showdown
Mate you can spend a whole day researching this stuff and find conflicting views. I'm just saying, from my experience, i havn't noticed any difference. I can't beleive the ammount some people spend on this stuff it's crazy.

@ showdown
Mate you can spend a whole day researching this stuff and find conflicting views. I'm just saying, from my experience, i havn't noticed any difference. I can't beleive the ammount some people spend on this stuff it's crazy.
I don't disagree with anything you've said with the exception of cost

www.professionalwhey.com.au

and

www.proteindirect.com.au

These sites make protein cheap as chips.

@Pez TBH I would love to get more protein from my foods but I haven't the time nor the inclination to cook big meaty meals for myself when I can go and get something small or a salad with a bit of meat and supplement the rest.

My room mate works split shifts so we barely see each other and I really hate cooking for one.

Also drink all my protein with water because milk is expensive :) Started taking Casein and WPC together because I'm a lazy **** and it meant I was getting 60g of protein from one shake

Do you have a source so I can read a little more about this?

I've read this elsewhere before, how much protein are you talking here?

i don't think it works on total protein but rather total cals from protein, if you've still got a lot of carbs in there then it may not be a problem...it's just s theory i don;t think it's been proven or anything

Wow expensive still!

I got some Vibram FiveFingers online from US, under half price ftw! Can't wait to try them lol.

And yeah, protein from the US atm is incredibly cheap, get some solid protein, 10lbs for under $60. Pretty good imo.

I'm gonna try Stealth, got some of that for $35, but even the normally crazy expensive stuff is priced very well if you can get it out.

Wow expensive still!

I got some Vibram FiveFingers online from US, under half price ftw! Can't wait to try them lol.

And yeah, protein from the US atm is incredibly cheap, get some solid protein, 10lbs for under $60. Pretty good imo.

I'm gonna try Stealth, got some of that for $35, but even the normally crazy expensive stuff is priced very well if you can get it out.
AFAIK Protein Supplements will not be allowed through customs, could be wrong though.

why does anyone want to gain fat?
If this is a refernce to adding simple carbs into a PWO shake, I wouldn't mind hearing your take on it cptkirk.
AFAIK simple carbs are a pretty common supp to add to reduce catabolism after weight training (I have been adding it after my workouts).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he original post said he was using dextrose or malto dex to simply add carbs to his diet, i don't now where

if peri workout fine, if other times then go with food
Ah, gotcha

AFAIK Protein Supplements will not be allowed through customs, could be wrong though.

Know a few people who haven't had any problems, so hopefully we shouldn't either.

And as far as I'm aware, the only problems that arise are when you try to import prohibited substances. I've bought stuff overseas and just walked through at home with it, and asked whether I should have declared it.

Answer was if I could buy it here it should be fine, if I was unsure then obviously declare (pretty standard).

So.... hopefully nothing has changed and/or I wasn't told porkies :D

Edit:

Protein powders may be permitted entry into Australia for personal consumption without the requirement for an import permit provided the product is labelled with the individual ingredients including percentages of each ingredient adding up to 100 per cent

http://www.daff.gov.au/aqis/faqs

So yeah, not a prob.

Know a few people who haven't had any problems, so hopefully we shouldn't either.

And as far as I'm aware, the only problems that arise are when you try to import prohibited substances. I've bought stuff overseas and just walked through at home with it, and asked whether I should have declared it.

Answer was if I could buy it here it should be fine, if I was unsure then obviously declare (pretty standard).

So.... hopefully nothing has changed and/or I wasn't told porkies :D

Edit:

http://www.daff.gov.au/aqis/faqs

So yeah, not a prob.
Cool I could have sworn I read somewhere that no dairy products were allowed to be imported but it looks like I was wrong :eek:

Hi guys and gals if theres any on this thread... Ok i'll be honest i dont have the time or patience to read through 60+ pages of discussion so i'll just ask... 32 years old and just strated to do triathlons in the off season to try to lengthen the remainder of my football career. Currently training every day with a mixed regime of swimming and riding one day, running and boxing the next. Alternating specific sessions of upper body weights and core strength sessions as well.

Given up booze, sugar etc etc and focused on a very healthy diet. Have also just started using Horleys Crossfire as i was given it by a relative... Am after any and all suggestions on this product, usage and also all other possible supplements enhancers i could benefit from at this point. My main focus is upper body strength and toning lower body to improve speed and agillity, happy to build some extra muscle mass up top but not looking to bulk up as im already 100kg. Will check here but feel free to inbox me as well. Thanks

Hi guys and gals if theres any on this thread... Ok i'll be honest i dont have the time or patience to read through 60+ pages of discussion so i'll just ask... 32 years old and just strated to do triathlons in the off season to try to lengthen the remainder of my football career. Currently training every day with a mixed regime of swimming and riding one day, running and boxing the next. Alternating specific sessions of upper body weights and core strength sessions as well.

Given up booze, sugar etc etc and focused on a very healthy diet. Have also just started using Horleys Crossfire as i was given it by a relative... Am after any and all suggestions on this product, usage and also all other possible supplements enhancers i could benefit from at this point. My main focus is upper body strength and toning lower body to improve speed and agillity, happy to build some extra muscle mass up top but not looking to bulk up as im already 100kg. Will check here but feel free to inbox me as well. Thanks

not sure if triathalans will prolong your footy career, a lot of extra volume for those poor hips, knees and ankles, i think you need to train smarter, not longer

i would recommend you go the opposite way and leave the running til later in the pre season, at least the bulk of it, and do leg wts...wts will will ward injuries off if done properly, triathalons definitely will not

who do you play for in warnie? i come from there...

their only the sprint series tri's so its minimal running and all my running training is done on treadmill but majority of training is low impact cardio and swimming and riding. Currently playing in the district league.

Help out a newbie please!

I'm 37 & had never seen the inside of a gym before a few months ago. I used to just eat whatever I wanted, exercised nearly never & maintained a weight about 5-10kg above ideal for my size (beer pot on a naturally skinny frame). Now I've quit smoking & joined the gym wanting to get rid of the gut & just add some respectable size & strength to my chest & arms.

I've got no idea if I should start taking some type of suppliment let alone which one. Basically I'd like something to help put some size on my arms (that I can at least try to fill with mussle) & at the same time my gut is the area I most want to get rid of. So far at the gym I'm starting to feel stronger (moving up the weights) see some minor mussle growth in my sholders & arms & basic health feels much better. My aerobic capacity has improved BUT the gut remains the same. I feel like I've gotten an initial boost from the lifestyle change but have plateaued & need to either change what I'm doing further or add something else (like suppliments) to help the improving.

I'm under no illusion that anything short of massive amounts of roids would see me ever be "buffed" but a little bit of help or at least the knowledge that I'm doing things right would be a great start.

Any advice greatly appreciated:thumbsu:

twins.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back