Div 1 Grand Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Two clubs that have the biggest pay roll. In the end no real surprise people don't want to see it but in the end money talks.

Out of interest, at the end of round 16, the 2 teams were 4th and 6th...

Shows how even Divvy 1 has been this year. Both very good teams, well coached and administered, shouls be a cracker of a game next Saturday. Not a bad effort from Upwey, 5 out of their 6 teams in Grand Finals - goes back to Woori when a club won all 3 football G/F's in Divvy 1

Two clubs that have the biggest pay roll. In the end no real surprise people don't want to see it but in the end money talks.

Shows how well administered if that is correct, got to be able to earn it before you can spend it. Both clubs been a force for many years so not done on the never never. Certainly still plenty of their own in both teams, intelligent top up maybe O bitter one..

Shows how well administered if that is correct, got to be able to earn it before you can spend it. Both clubs been a force for many years so not done on the never never. Certainly still plenty of their own in both teams, intelligent top up maybe O bitter one..

No coincidence that the same could be said about Div 2 also.

Wot you sayin'? Our football ain't amateur?
That's a real Bomber, you Scully-wag! You get on here, Lyon your head off. Judd wait. We will Hunt you down, Folau you everywhere. You can't Ward us off now, clown! We have the Power!

:cool:

the other interesting thing the teams that finished 1 and 2 lost both finals....shows how even first division has become

Are you suggesting because one club has more funds available to others they are in some way better run than others? I assume you think they somehow work harder than other clubs and committees to.

I'd find it hard to believe wade wouldn't play himself, don't know how many games he has played this year but if he is fit there still isn't a team in a comp that wouldn't have him playing 1s.

Are you suggesting because one club has more funds available to others they are in some way better run than others? I assume you think they somehow work harder than other clubs and committees to.

I am saying that having funds avaialble year in and year out does not just happen, it is a result of a group of great people who work very hard to rasie those funds. I also think it is a balancing act to try and develop through the junior club, and then work hard to top up intelligently - not at all sure that Upwey is the biggest paying club in the league, but if they are, and it is done through a huge amount of work - Good luck to them. Having said all that I still seem to see a lot of names (about 15) that pleyed Juniors with them in their team so not all imports.

I'd find it hard to believe wade wouldn't play himself, don't know how many games he has played this year but if he is fit there still isn't a team in a comp that wouldn't have him playing 1s.

Well said - a huge bonus to Upwey if he is fit and plays. Certainly can play the game

Far be it for me to question the great mans ability. Merely found it surprising seeing the amount of Footy he has played this year especially recently. When he is on though he is prob the hardest bloke to contain in the comp.Certainly a few 'handy headaches' at the selection table this week for the tigers a couple of these centering around a couple of good mates of his too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back