Do firms that pay less company tax create more jobs?

Remove this Banner Ad

This horrible, stench-packing policy is just typical of this pathetic excuse for a government.

Without doubt Turnbull & Libs ' superior economic managers' has been torn to shreds.

The Business council response to the $65bil handout just proves the point.

Business employs on the basis of making a profit from increasing production. Not on the basis of a tax handout. Tax concessions should be for productive improvements. Not to banks & off shore parties who have achieved SFA for the economy.

Without doubt Turnbull & Libs ' superior economic managers' has been torn to shreds.

The Business council response to the $65bil handout just proves the point.

Business employs on the basis of making a profit from increasing production. Not on the basis of a tax handout. Tax concessions should be for productive improvements. Not to banks & off shore parties who have achieved SFA for the economy.

If you get a tax cut you either give it to shareholders or reinvest it back into price cuts.

Increase wages and shift it to another expense line... just... coz?

WTF?

If you get a tax cut you either give it to shareholders or reinvest it back into price cuts.

Increase wages and shift it to another expense line... just... coz?

WTF?

A lot of big firms in the US used it to buy back shares. Thus even further skewing the wealth distribution in the US.

We can't allow that to happen here. The larger the numbers of under employed, of low wage employees, of part time employees makes the society less able to consume & stimulate economic activity.

Upwardly skewing wealth distribution is detrimental to the health & welfare of the nation.

A fair days work for a fair days pay is an old but very apt saying.

I'm sure she would know a bungle rather well. She's opening herself to criticism with such comments.

This horrible, stench-packing policy is just typical of this pathetic excuse for a government.
Planting economic time bombs is the only economic policy that unites the Libs,its all about dismantling medicare by stealth.
Nationals are just hillbillys who have no idea who they are supposed to be representing

Conclusion

Across a cross-section of profitable Australian firms, I find no evidence that those which pay a lower effective rate of tax create more jobs. In aggregate, the one-third of Australian companies whose effective corporate tax rate is below 25% shed jobs, while the two-thirds of firms with an effective corporate tax rate of 25% or above were net job creators. These results are robust to the inclusion of controls for firm size and industry fixed effects, as well as to expanding the sample to include unprofitable firms.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0313592618300596

I’m against cutting the tax as I feel 30% with a refundable franking credit is fair for Australians.

That said if you want evidence to the question you ask, take a look at Australia’s growth since cutting taxes since the 1988

Wow!! All of that growth was due to the tax cuts?! Let's cut tax to zero!!

Of course not, so no need for stupid comments.

There have been loads of reforms that have lead to this.

The opening post has requested evidence proving lower taxes have resulted in growth and history is our greatest guide.

Planting economic time bombs is the only economic policy that unites the Libs,its all about dismantling medicare by stealth.
Nationals are just hillbillys who have no idea who they are supposed to be representing

Lower taxes equals dismantling Medicare?

Of course not, so no need for stupid comments.

There have been loads of reforms that have lead to this.

The opening post has requested evidence proving lower taxes have resulted in growth and history is our greatest guide.
Your argument was stupid. Hence my stupid response. ITT is a link to some peer reviewed evidence. I'll stick with that for now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Your argument was stupid. Hence my stupid response. ITT is a link to some peer reviewed evidence. I'll stick with that for now.

The twitter or the one you haven’t read addressing the wrong question?

Middle management folk want their company vehicles and lavish Friday night drinks with their clients.

Besides the amount of work around in this slow economy does not warrant the introduction of new jobs just for the sake of more jobs.

DZnfqt5UQAILsXP.jpg large.jpg

tenor.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back