Does anyone deserve a flag more than Nathan Jones?

Remove this Banner Ad

250 games now, and the bulk of them during Melbourne's darkest days. He is the modern day Robert Flower. Saying Melbourne are a premiership chance is perhaps getting ahead of myself, but they are looking like a gun team at the time of writing. Does anyone in the AFL deserve the ultimate success more than Nathan Jones?
I hate the term 'deserve'.

No one, ever, in life, deserves anything.

Would he have earned it? Yes.
Does he deserve it? No.

I hate the term 'deserve'.

No one, ever, in life, deserves anything.

Would he have earned it? Yes.
Does he deserve it? No.

I agree that it's poor terminology, you're right.

Can you tell us how much melbourne paid him and what the offers were?

I can't because Melbourne and Jones won't tell us (possibly because it would ruin their "good loyal bloke" story) but it was obviously a large share.

Or literally every year

It happens when they think the team will play grand finals or the club is making it difficult to move.

I can't because Melbourne and Jones won't tell us (possibly because it would ruin their "good loyal bloke" story) but it was obviously a large share.

It happens when they think the team will play grand finals or the club is making it difficult to move.
So you’re just making an assumption? And now have a new conspiracy theory too! How many players have their official salary released?

So, it does happen, but you just said it didn’t?

Circumstance are everything.

For example many would rate Bob Murphy as a highly deserving person for a premiership. However , I would rate him as the lowest level of deserving. He is the only player in history that was given a medal for not actually playing in premiership side. It is my understanding premiership medals are only reserved for players that win a premiership? Yet somehow old bob, Jedi mind tricked his coach into giving away his premiership medal.

Now if Nathan Jones had a bob Murphy like entitlement to a premiership medal, I would argue, it was highly undeserved.

Key point Nathan, don't be like Bob, earn your medal.
* you swans fans need to move on. It was almost 2 years ago. s**t like this happens in sport all the time

For example many would rate Bob Murphy as a highly deserving person for a premiership. However , I would rate him as the lowest level of deserving. He is the only player in history that was given a medal for not actually playing in premiership side. It is my understanding premiership medals are only reserved for players that win a premiership? Yet somehow old bob, Jedi mind tricked his coach into giving away his premiership medal.
8vvnub.jpg

Robert Harvey, Nick Riewoldt and Lenny Hayes, Scott west, Chris grant are well infront of him for deserving. I do hate to say it but maybe even figjam Buckley is.

I thought people went away on long weekends?

You’re a peanut, cherry picking nothing.
Name another player that their team has gone over a decade without making finals in the modern era?
Sustained poor performance and staying fat with the team through the lures of free agency is my argument.
a peanut...alright captain irrelevant. are the cherries nice?
he's played finals but captain irrelevant wants the script to pan out his way or the highway.
go get 'em champ.

Circumstance are everything.

Now if Nathan Jones had a bob Murphy like entitlement to a premiership medal, I would argue, it was highly undeserved.

Key point Nathan, don't be like Bob, earn your medal.
Murphy gave the medal back after Beveridge's spur of the moment gesture in wanting to recognise what Murphy had done for the club. Even Beveridge himself says he put Murphy in an awkward position.
You stay classy and heap on the salt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

a peanut...alright captain irrelevant. are the cherries nice?
he's played finals but captain irrelevant wants the script to pan out his way or the highway.
go get 'em champ.
Good rebuttal .
As they say “Never argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience”.

250 games now, and the bulk of them during Melbourne's darkest days. He is the modern day Robert Flower. Saying Melbourne are a premiership chance is perhaps getting ahead of myself, but they are looking like a gun team at the time of writing. Does anyone in the AFL deserve the ultimate success more than Nathan Jones?

a great call

and 17 other teams would love his services or players that could emulate his hardness at the contest

Nobody deserves a flag. The closest would be if you win your teams B&F and then miss out on the Grand Final due to injury but your team still wins. Now that's rough.

Just playing in a crap side - nah there are other crap sides and other players that showed great loyalty to their clubs through tough times.
I think he's a great bloke and wish him the best but he doesn't deserve a flag just for that.

StKilda Carlton and the dogs fans can empathise with him the most. Daniel Cross, Lenny Hayes and Kade Simpson wouldn't be mentioned in the most skilled players of all time but you would be hard pressed to find a player more respected at each club. That's Nathan Jones. Regardless of his 'skill' he was the fabric that held together a club for nearly a decade.

So you’re just making an assumption? And now have a new conspiracy theory too! How many players have their official salary released?

So, it does happen, but you just said it didn’t?

Well without having exact figures to look at, logic would say that given the minimum TPP requirements each club has, and the state of Melbourne's list during his time there, and the fact that he's been among their better players over that time, that he would be a pretty high earner, probably above what his talent level would warrant (if salaries were assigned in that simple a manner).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back