Social Domestic grievances. That's it, let it all out.

Remove this Banner Ad

scezza that sounds very similar to me. Add glasses of protein smoothie (which would challenge Doss for substances that are difficult to remove from kitchenware) all around the house and you have pretty much my scenario which is the opposite to me.

I still love her though!

I figured everyone had the transition chair in their room - its the place where any clothes are slung that have been worn but are not ready to go in the wash yet, can have a few more wears - cmon scezza! - cant put worn clothes back in the wardrobe! that's a cross contaminant
Jackets don't count at all! Also, we have that place where we can put some clothes that we want to wear again in our cupboard - on top of our chest of drawers in there. NOT ON THE ******* CHAIR IN THE DINING AREA THANKS.

scezza that sounds very similar to me. Add glasses of protein smoothie (which would challenge Doss for substances that are difficult to remove from kitchenware) all around the house and you have pretty much my scenario which is the opposite to me.

I still love her though!

the smoothie residue glass - the worst!!! specks of kale or seaweed or whatever else stuck to the glass - might as well just buy a new set and start again...

the smoothie residue glass - the worst!!! specks of kale or seaweed or whatever else stuck to the glass - might as well just buy a new set and start again...
Gotta say, for all her faults, rinsing things isn't one of them. Not putting rinsed items in the empty dishwasher... Maybe sometimes, but generally she rinses as she goes :thumbsu:

Gotta say, for all her faults, rinsing things isn't one of them. Not putting rinsed items in the empty dishwasher... Maybe sometimes, but generally she rinses as she goes :thumbsu:

I find the chopped turmeric and ginger in the bottom of the plug hole from the bottom of the tea cup - it wouldn't be so hard to put it in the bin. but ill wear that one, its not so bad - not like for example PULLING THOSE DISGUSTING HAIRS OUT OF THE SHOWER PLUGHOLE

I know for a fact they arnt mine...

I empty my pockets before my clothes go into the laundry basket. My partner flat-out refuses to do so. And yet, when a tissue finds its way into the wash, it's my fault for not religiously checking every single item of clothing as it goes from basket to machine, a motion that could otherwise be done in one sweep. Don't even ask why every pocket she owns has a tissue in it.
giphy.gif

Sticking with the washing theme, wifey has this habit of putting clothes into the wash one arm/leg in and one arm/leg out so I always have to pull a sleeve or leg out of the wet garment to hang it. I thought it was coincidence at first but it just happens way too often. I now believe it's just the way she takes articles of clothing off. I actually ripped a hole in a sleeve trying to turn it out the other way last week because it was wet and sticking to itself. Maybe that'll learn her but I doubt it.

Also, she likes clothes with weird designs that have bits of material sewn to other bits of material in strange places, bits hanging off, seams that go nowhere, pieces with multiple layers. Absolute ******* nightmare to hang.

Get a cheese knife, like this one:
View attachment 431293

Problem solvered.

*Also has added benefit of improved cheese slices
I never knew there was a cheese knife with this feature. Now i can't stop thinking about it. Kitchen gadget addiction is real.
As far as domestic grievances go, the sink/dishwasher are still my all-time favourite.
Y: Don't go putting cast aluminium or wooden things in the dishwasher. They need to be hand washed. Just leave them out I'll do them.
Mrs Y: How was i supposed to know? I never had a dishwasher

We've had the dishwasher around 5 years and this discussion probably twice a week since.

Sticking with the washing theme, wifey has this habit of putting clothes into the wash one arm/leg in and one arm/leg out so I always have to pull a sleeve or leg out of the wet garment to hang it. I thought it was coincidence at first but it just happens way too often. I now believe it's just the way she takes articles of clothing off. I actually ripped a hole in a sleeve trying to turn it out the other way last week because it was wet and sticking to itself. Maybe that'll learn her but I doubt it.

Also, she likes clothes with weird designs that have bits of material sewn to other bits of material in strange places, bits hanging off, seams that go nowhere, pieces with multiple layers. Absolute ******* nightmare to hang.

yeh I hear that!

how about when you hang a fitted sheet, its dry, take it off.. oh, there is a wet sock still hiding under the bottom seem, woops!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeh I hear that!

how about when you hang a fitted sheet, its dry, take it off.. oh, there is a wet sock still hiding under the bottom seem, woops!
Or the odd occasion when you wash a doona cover and then a random (and damp) pillow case is inside it when you take it off the line. You put the pillow cases in seperate from the cover, but somehow one finds itself inside there occasionally.

Or the odd occasion when you wash a doona cover and then a random (and damp) pillow case is inside it when you take it off the line. You put the pillow cases in seperate from the cover, but somehow one finds itself inside there occasionally.

its weird!

like they have a connection, keep finding each other across the other side of the wash cycle

Or buy a new set and stick the other ones to the back of the Tupperware cupboard in protein shaker babushka city

our Tupperware cupboard is like mouse trap - like a weird rube Goldberg device that sets of a massive chain reaction, .. move one lid, if you dare, and just wait... there will be tilts and balances and movements before something falls out in your hands. its like a weird form of lotto

I actually got banned from doing the washing - i'm chief hanger now.. apparently I don't separate things properly.

next minute we will be watching tv, ill hear bang bang bang bang coming from the laundry.. then that little ding ding ding noise from the machine

look inside, there's like 3 things in there, all in one side of the bowl! no wonder it wont spin!, the weights all out.

yeh I hear that!

Socks always seem to go missing when she does the washing too.

Here's another one. She's recently started leaving her bedside lamp on from early evening until we go to bed even though we're not in the bedroom.

Me: You left the lamp on in the bedroom for the last 4 hours.
Her: I don't like walking into a dark room.
Me: That's why there's a ******* light switch just inside the door. You see what happens is you flick that on and the room is no longer dark. The bonus with this method is we don't pay for 4 hours of electricity to light a room nobody is in.

Socks always seem to go missing when she does the washing too.

Here's another one. She's recently started leaving her bedside lamp on from early evening until we go to bed even though we're not in the bedroom.

Me: You left the lamp on in the bedroom for the last 4 hours.
Her: I don't like walking into a dark room.
Me: That's why there's a ******* light switch just inside the door. You see what happens is you flick that on and the room is no longer dark. The bonus with this method is we don't pay for 4 hours of electricity to light a room nobody is in.

oh boy, I don't like walking into a dark room

that's a keeper!

our Tupperware cupboard is like mouse trap - like a weird rube Goldberg device that sets of a massive chain reaction, .. move one lid, if you dare, and just wait... there will be tilts and balances and movements before something falls out in your hands. its like a weird form of lotto
I will admit that I do the old quickly open the door and throw in the item for the tupperware cupboard. I don't take leftovers to work much whereas she does almost every day, so she goes into the cupboard a lot. I guess if she was on BigFooty that would be her number one grievance she would post on this thread!

I will admit that I do the old quickly open the door and throw in the item for the tupperware cupboard. I don't take leftovers to work much whereas she does almost every day, so she goes into the cupboard a lot. I guess if she was on BigFooty that would be her number one grievance she would post on this thread!

I reckon Tupperware in the deep drawer is the way to go, gravity works in our favour here.

I actually got banned from doing the washing - i'm chief hanger now.. apparently I don't separate things properly.
Same here. Our process is, she sorts everything into piles and I do everything else. Somehow my light coloured business shirts are always lowest priority to the point they sometimes don't get washed unless I'm on the ball. The stated reason is they aren't enough for a load on their own. This from a person who will wash one jumper or dress on its own because it will apparently explode if it's washed with anything else.

Same here. Our process is, she sorts everything into piles and I do everything else. Somehow my light coloured business shirts are always lowest priority to the point they sometimes don't get washed unless I'm on the ball. The stated reason is they aren't enough for a load on their own. This from a person who will wash one jumper or dress on its own because it will apparently explode if it's washed with anything else.

wow, its so much the same!

I get home on Friday - work gear in the laundry

as the weekend goes by im seeing woolen loads come out, blankets, delicates with 4 items... its sunday by now, my work gear is still in a ball!

why are we not dong this first? before blankets and such?

im struggling to dry it at 9pm sunday night

Whenever husband hangs out the washing he never shakes the clothes before hanging them up, drives me insane.

Although I swear he does little things like this so I get frustrated and then tell him not to worry about doing it ever again ... bad luck I'm not going to fall for it though :p

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back