Draft Draft rankings

Remove this Banner Ad

It's draft season!

For those who play draft leagues rather than salary leagues, I'm interested to see if you've put any rankings together - either overall or various positions.

Anyone willing to share their FWD / MID / DEF rankings?

Also keen to see if there are any dynasty leagues out there and whether playing that format changes your rankings.

It's draft season!

For those who play draft leagues rather than salary leagues, I'm interested to see if you've put any rankings together - either overall or various positions.

Anyone willing to share their FWD / MID / DEF rankings?

Also keen to see if there are any dynasty leagues out there and whether playing that format changes your rankings.
Dynasty formats definitely change the rankings. You’d argue guys like Daicos, Walsh, B Smith, Brayshaw will go in the top handful in a dynasty draft. A few drafts that aren’t dynasty that I’ve done recently have those guys going in the below ranges;
Daicos 30-45
Walsh - since he’s injured to start he’s sliding to around pick 35-55 this year
B Smith 9-15
Brayshaw 4-9

As for regular drafts, finding forwards are going extremely early.

Dunks goes 1 or 2
Taranto going anywhere from 3 to 9
Cogs and Rozee both going anywhere from 6 to 16
Butters, Moore, and to a lesser extent Gulden, seem to be going 25-40

After those guys there’s such a huge drop off that it becomes a lottery

Are there any good sources for mock draft rankings? Got my draft in 10days and trying to see if there is anything around I can use as a starting cheat sheet for the night?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Dunks goes 1 or 2

Did a bit of deep dive today and it’s a really different year for strategy. Rucks are really even while forwards have an incredible top end you basically have to get one of.

We even change scoring to give KPPs a boost in usefulness

Last edited:
Are there any good sources for mock draft rankings? Got my draft in 10days and trying to see if there is anything around I can use as a starting cheat sheet for the night?

I think coaches panel put out a draft rankings thing each year so maybe check there first

There should be a big draft guide out by the fantasy guys on afl.com.au before your draft. A lot of the lazier guys in my league use it as an easy cheat sheet

Dunks goes 1 or 2

Where have you had Cunnington and Ziebell going in those drafts? I’m wondering how far I can push the envelope in my league

Where have you had Cunnington and Ziebell going in those drafts? I’m wondering how far I can push the envelope in my league
Around pick 70-80. I’ve also found though that with each draft I do, the good forwards seem to go earlier and earlier. If that’s the case then I’d wager Cunn will go earlier than 70/80 mark

Around pick 70-80. I’ve also found though that with each draft I do, the good forwards seem to go earlier and earlier. If that’s the case then I’d wager Cunn will go earlier than 70/80 mark
FWIW the ADP of Cunnington on the mock draft simulator the Draft Doctors put out is about 60 or so, which feels about right to me. Ziebell's is way higher but that'd come in with his news

Got a keeper league draft starting tomorrow. Done one for NBA but never for AFL.

Anyone done or doing one?
Have done one. Few thoughts below:

Walsh, B Smith, Brayshaw some of the top guys to select

Top forwards go quick

When picking up guys, aim to get guys who won’t lose their position the following year. Someone in our league had a defence of Crisp, Hewett, Whitfield, Perryman last year and they all lost defence status for this year. Someone like Young would be a great D1 to target. Likewise someone like Moore would be a great forward to target

Avoid guys in their 30’s if you can unless they are too good value at their pick. For example, Neale slid to pick 50 in our draft which makes him a no brainer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back