Druitt Soldier

Team Captain
Oct 30, 2013
Parramatta, NSW
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Detroit Red Wings
its almost that time of the year again and Dreamteam has opened for everyone to begin putting together their winning teams. However they've moved away from the NRL website and are back in their old home on virtual sports.

Anyway this is just a page where everyone can post up their team and we can all give advice or just crap all over it.

Heres the link to the new home of DreamTeam where you can build your fantasy NRL team.

http://nrldreamteam.virtualsports.com.au/

H:\BigFooty

bit bias yes but i think this might work lol

yea i was thinking about seeing if anyone would be keen in a 16 man draft based league. Would you be keen. Or are you just into salary cap? Ill be doing both. But yea as soon as it opens at the end of the week ill get it started.

this is mine so far. still a working progress as it changes regularly throughout the day, but here is my current team.

Hooker: Friend, J R- Luke, I

FRF: Waerea-Hargreaves, J / Mossop, L R- Rose,G / Sim, K

2RF: Williams, S / Vaughan, P / Myles, N R- Anasta, B / Halatau, D / Hasson, J

HLF: Hampton, B / Kelly, L R- Widdop, G / Walker, C

CTR: Jennings, M / Hopoate, W R- Tighe, B / Naiqama, W

WFB: Tuivasa-Sheck, R / Tupou, D / Whare, D R- Maranta, L / Michaels, S

I've got $108,500 left in the cap to play with.

I'm holding off the like of Smith, Gallen, Fifita and Farah as I think they will begin the year not hitting their breakevens and I always make the mistake of grabbing them and watching their prices drop in the first few weeks before going up. So I want to get then just that little bit cheaper this time around.

I think Friends and Luke will only do better and their prices will go up in the opening weeks as both Roosters and Bunnies have something to prove in the start of the season.

Mossop is an unknown one. He was ok in the SL, but anyone in Parra has the chance to prove themselves. Same goes for Hopoate.

Hampton and Walker are both cheap buys who are both looking at getting starts with Cronk looking more likely to miss round one with his injury and Widdop going to the Dragons. Speaking of Widdop, I see him really having a big year at the Dragons out of Cronks shadow.

I think Rose will have a pretty decent year under Bellamy, considering he trims down a bit and gets more frequent game time. But we'll see with that one.

If Anasta can stay healthy maybe he can get some of that old flame back. Even ifs only a small improvement it would be better then last years dismal efforts. Any improvement would mean profit.

And RTS and Tupou can only get better IMO.

just traded out luke kelly for ben hunt. starting halfback for 150k is pretty good really. averages 1 points less than kelly and he is 11k cheaper.

also swapped out dean whare for ben barba. The broncos really wanted him. even if he playes at half his potention he'll still play alot better than he did last year. his price should sore considering hes only $285k. I think he'll go up at least 50k in the first couple of months. however he just may be a keeper, and it would be good to know you grabbed his at this price.

this is mine so far. still a working progress as it changes regularly throughout the day, but here is my current team.

HOK: Friend, J R- Luke, I
FRF: Waerea-Hargreaves, J / Mossop, L R- Rose,G / Sim, K
2RF: Williams, S / Vaughan, P / Myles, N R- Anasta, B / Halatau, D / Hasson, J
HLF: Hampton, B / Kelly, L R- Widdop, G / Walker, C
CTR: Jennings, M / Hopoate, W R- Tighe, B / Naiqama, W
WFB: Tuivasa-Sheck, R / Tupou, D / Whare, D R- Maranta, L / Michaels, S

I've got $108,500 left in the cap to play with.
alright well heres how its looking after some tinkering

Hok - Luke. I, (Peats. N)
FRF - Fifita. A, Mossop. L (Rose. G, Sims. k)
2RF - Parker. C, Williams. S, Vaughan. P (Halatua. D, Hasson. J, Santi. B)
HLF - Widdop. G, Townsend. C (Hunt. B, Walker. C)
CTR - Jennings. M, Hopoate. W (Tonga. W, Naiqama. W)
WFB - Barba. B, Morris. J, Hampton. B (Maranta. L, Coote. L)

Dropped Friend for Peats who looks set to go under some prise raises at Parra.

Dropped Hargreaves for star player Fifita. I thought he might start the year worse then last year and would go down in value but theres every chance he might not and just go up in price.

Dropped Myles for Parker. Parker is another star that I figured would only do better and I rather get him at starting price then have to fork out extra for him later.

I also grabbed Barba. He seems to be fitting in well at the Broncos apparently and if he can recapture his old form then he should be in for a massive price rise.

Here is my early guesstimate of a starting team 2014..
HKRS..Luke..Peats...A lot of people are priming the H2 spot and picking peats in 2FR.It will depend on where the the rookies are available for me
FRF..Thaiday...James..( Trbojevich,Evans)

2RF..Parker..S Burgo..Merrin..henry..taylor..napa

Halves..Hayne..Widdop..(hunt ...keary)

CTR.. J Thompson..J Oniell (nuff..nuff)

WFB..Locke,, Hampton,. Wighton ..Coote (cummins)

I like the look of this(always do in the preseason)Would look to bring in barba early if he is off to a flyer
I could bundle Henry/Taylor into SBW/nuff but i think sbw will lose coin early,so i will wait.plus Taylor HKR/2Fr and Henry 2Fr/CTR gives me injury cover and trade flexibility.

Here is my early guesstimate of a starting team 2014..
HKRS..Luke..Peats...A lot of people are priming the H2 spot and picking peats in 2FR.It will depend on where the the rookies are available for me
FRF..Thaiday...James..( Trbojevich,Evans)

2RF..Parker..S Burgo..Merrin..henry..taylor..napa

Halves..Hayne..Widdop..(hunt ...keary)

CTR.. J Thompson..J Oniell (nuff..nuff)

WFB..Locke,, Hampton,. Wighton ..Coote (cummins)

I like the look of this(always do in the preseason)Would look to bring in barba early if he is off to a flyer
I could bundle Henry/Taylor into SBW/nuff but i think sbw will lose coin early,so i will wait.plus Taylor HKR/2Fr and Henry 2Fr/CTR gives me injury cover and trade flexibility.
I just delisted Peats from Res Hookers and then traded SBW for him. I grabbed Cam Smith with the cash. I figures if I dont grab him how I might never really have the cash to pick him up. I can trade a couple of my 2RFs for SBW and a nobody later on. I don't think SBW will fluctuate too much . I might grab him around origin.

I keep looking at Napa too but not sure if hes gana get much game time early on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

this is my team (atm) for real dream team
hkr E Taylor Seggy
FRF Surgess R James (Trobojevic,Evans)
2Fr Merrin Thaiday Merrin Guerra Peats (Napa)
1/2 Hayne McCrone (Cornish Strasser)
Ctr Henry Thompson Wighton (C Rona)
Fbw Barba Zillman Coote Perret (Dual Fbw/Ctr nuff)

$20,000 left.
With that i have 5 reserves to choose from and some cash cows( rnd 1 ?)
I will strip some of the cash spent on the backs to get CP13 in some where.

Cant see a Fantasy team thread so i will post it in here
Hkr luke seggy
FRF graham merrin turgess trobejevic
2rf surgess parker $bw j de belin t symonds peats
1/2 hayne a reynolds strasser cornish
Ctr hoppa wighton k stanley beale?
Wfb barba coote tighe perrret. hampton.

$27k in the bank

once again a lot of money spent on the backs, all mid pricers, but it is a long way from kick off and remains a work in progress.

I'd steer clear of Mossop to start. Set to be out until Round 10 at the earliest it seems.
http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-new...nt-be-fit-until-midseason-20140129-31mh0.html

In terms of must haves IMO: Parker (as captain, solid as anything. Captaincy should help his minutes and workload to lead by example), Cornish (looks permanent 7 for Canberra) and Peats (possible 80 minutes for Parra). As a Wests fan I'd pimp out Luke Brooks but his starting price may be a bit of a turn off?

this is my team (atm) for real dream team
hkr E Taylor Seggy
FRF Surgess R James (Trobojevic,Evans)
2Fr Merrin Thaiday Merrin Guerra Peats (Napa)
1/2 Hayne McCrone (Cornish Strasser)
Ctr Henry Thompson Wighton (C Rona)
Fbw Barba Zillman Coote Perret (Dual Fbw/Ctr nuff)

$20,000 left.
With that i have 5 reserves to choose from and some cash cows( rnd 1 ?)
I will strip some of the cash spent on the backs to get CP13 in some where.

one of those merrins is fensom

I'd steer clear of Mossop to start. Set to be out until Round 10 at the earliest it seems.
http://news.smh.com.au/breaking-new...nt-be-fit-until-midseason-20140129-31mh0.html

In terms of must haves IMO: Parker (as captain, solid as anything. Captaincy should help his minutes and workload to lead by example), Cornish (looks permanent 7 for Canberra) and Peats (possible 80 minutes for Parra). As a Wests fan I'd pimp out Luke Brooks but his starting price may be a bit of a turn off?

plus he is still carrying a back injury from last sept..a no go zone for me at that price

Alright, I'm not really sure where to put this. If I post it in the dreamteam section then only afl people will see it. Anyways..

I thinking of a league where we have one coach representing a team in the NRL. We name our team after the team we are representing ie Ill take the Sydney Roosters and my team name will be the Sydney Roosters. We will each draft our teams yet the catch is that we have to draft only from the team that we are representing. As soon as the draft is over then everyone is free to drop and add players from the waiver as much as they want as well as trade with players from other teams.

I just thought it would be fun to see how much we all have faith that our team is the best not only on the field but in stats too. Or even better, be the coach of your favourite team and see if you can lead them to glory.

If anyone is keen to get behind their team and think that they can take on the Roosters squad then lets go.

Last edited:
Teams and current coaches

Broncos - n/a
Raiders - n/a
Bulldogs - n/a
Sharks - n/a
Titans - n/a
Sea Eagles - n/a
Storm - n/a
Knights - n/a
Cowboys - n/a
Parramatta - n/a