Competitions Dreamteam/Supercoach Questions

Remove this Banner Ad

Bryce > Judd and Ablett
In terms of DT potential I would agree, not sure if that will be the case this year though. Abblett will probably dominate again and Judd looks very fit, although would have him as an upgrade due to suspension. Gibbs accumalates very well and kicks it alot. If he plays with a lesser tag due to Judd and Murphy he would be very hard to go past

Currently I will steer away from Yarran. He has lots of potential but I am not convinced on his match fitness. If he plays all of the NAB Cup with a high percentage of game time I will take a look but he isn't the sort of consistent player that I like to pick up

Jarrad Waite had some pretty impressive numbers last year. How's his preseason going?

And also what sort of role is Carrazzo looking at this year?

Wondering about Mitch Robinson as a starting mid in DT. I was impressed by him last year and wondering what his estimated average points per week would be???

Mitch would be one to watch in the NAB Cup, I remember he scored a 100 point game early in the year (might actually have been Round 1), and he is a big tackler so he could rack up points there. On balance though I am not sure on how many games he will get this year, but I'd tip between 8-14, probably not enough to consider him a keeper or even a cashcow. Could always be wrong though, if he is flying in the NAB Cup i'd think about taking the plunge

Rough average in my view could be in the range of 35-55

Lots of room for potential, might not get enough game time to make him worth the starting position

Yea how's this bloke going? He's very cheap considering his pre-injury average

Waite is just to risky for me allthough he has done well by all reports and on target for Rd 1 at this stage. It is allways tough to recapture top form immediatly after a full knee reco. He will be an upgrade for me if he plays well as he can get some very high scores and had an average of 90 odd from the limited games he played last season.

A question for you to Sweet how is Mitch Brown coming along for you guys??? He is cheap again and was good for me last year for the cheap $$$ he was.

How is Jordan Russel looking?

JR will play 22 games i would think but his disposal lets him down sometimes and clangers kill you in SC. On the plus side he did have his best season year last year and can improve more. Better players for the $$ IMO.

Mitch brown had bulked up even more over the pre season and is an absolute beast. Never seen him drop a mark, nobody can bring him to the ground and he is training with the main group which means he is over the injury that grounded him at the end of the season. the only problem I can see in selecting him is that he is set for full time defense which means he will average about 75. He's in my team but as always keep an eye on his nab cup form.

Originally Posted by stkfc_cowboys

JR will play 22 games i would think but his disposal lets him down sometimes and clangers kill you in SC. On the plus side he did have his best season year last year and can improve more. Better players for the $$ IMO.

Just while your on JR Chism who would you have in mind at this price range as i was also interested in him for this year - @ 375k a similar improvement from the previous year could see him break the 80+ points per game barrier?

Originally Posted by stkfc_cowboys

Just while your on JR Chism who would you have in mind at this price range as i was also interested in him for this year - @ 375k a similar improvement from the previous year could see him break the 80+ points per game barrier?

Dont get me wrong JR could break 80+ a game but i just see more value in players like Kennelly , Mitch Brown , Ladson and McPharlin are all cheaper than JR and have good upsides. Mitch Brown is 100k cheaper and will play all 22 games barring injury and like Sweet said before he will be in defense but the option is allways there for him to go forward and kick a couple if needed. The W/C forward line is not the most settled and Worsfold likes rotations etc. McPharlin is also a dual possy player meaning he can be switched around within the team from forward to back during the season which is an awesome addition especially if you cop an injury.

Just my thoughts. :)

I will add i am not the biggest JR fan but his last season was good but he can easily drop that average of 70 odd points. I hope he does keep last years form but it is far from set in stone. FWIW he is one of few players where my heart skips a beat everytime he kicks out of our defensive 50.

Thanks Chis appreciate them:thumbsu:
Kennelly is indeed a better option, Ladson i have at the mo, to be honest would upgrade straight to the bargain priced Waite if we felt he was going full bore by rd 2 or 3 just don't want to burn a precious trade!

Thanks Chis appreciate them:thumbsu:
Kennelly is indeed a better option, Ladson i have at the mo, to be honest would upgrade straight to the bargain priced Waite if we felt he was going full bore by rd 2 or 3 just don't want to burn a precious trade!

No probs. Waite is a hard decision as he has talent and scoring ability to burn but we are yet to see how he comes back..... I have changed my mind on Waite 10 times allready!!! If he has a good first 3 weeks his price will jump over 500k by a long way. His price is Soooo tempting it is not funny!

Big risk = Big reward in S/C!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

how`s Brock McLean shaping up and will he be in for rnd 1 ?

Every SC team should have brock, at 425k his cheap as chips, came second in the time trial and is trainning the house down. Plus he shouldn't see a tag as Judd, murhy and Gibbs will get all the attention

Any info on this one?

Cheers :thumbsu:

Very difficult to say.

Some people have him out of the 22 now, whilst others firmly inside.

For mine, he's still in the best 22 and an underrated member of it at that.

He's the sort of player that could play on most lines and make an impact towards the team. If I had to say at the moment, I'd say his role will be more defensive but whether that be up forward, down back or through the middle is anyone's guess really.

Watch him very closely in the NAB Cup where his role will become a little more apparent.

Carrots is a player whose role is pretty much a mystery but as you know, if he's part of the midfield rotation, he's a serious ball magnet. And I think he'll definitely be there or there abouts in 2010.

Hey guys.

How many games do you think Lucas will play?

Might get as many as 12-15 but I'd think it would be a safe bet at over 8. Not enough to be considered a regular this season, his physique needs to be built. But as an early tip for 2011 I would pick him up, he trains very well, is entirely professional and plays an outside game (lots of kicks/marks)

Can anyone convince me to/make me feel good about picking Murphy in the middle?

Might get as many as 12-15 but I'd think it would be a safe bet at over 8. Not enough to be considered a regular this season, his physique needs to be built. But as an early tip for 2011 I would pick him up, he trains very well, is entirely professional and plays an outside game (lots of kicks/marks)

Cheers for that. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back