Drugs!!!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop blaming governments and anyone else...

The kids are killing THEMSELVES...

...they KNOW not to do drugs....They are TOLD not to do drugs.....they are TOLD the dangers of drugs..

..but they still do it.....they die because of their own stupidity!

...argue all you like, thats the bottom line..

NO-ONE'S fault but their own..

I agree. Governments cant be blamed.

The kids who drink and cause assaults or who take up smoking and cost the state millions of dollars later on, they are told not to but they are allowed to.

They die of lung cancer or liver issues because of their own stupidity.

Thats the bottom line.

Their fault.

The individual person, old enough to know right from wrong, also old enough to say NO...

...and shoulder the consequences and responsibility of not saying NO..

If they don't say NO to the person offering them the drugs, that is not the governments fault!

Too many people find it so easy to blame governments for things that are ultimately their own problem, and won't take responsibility for their own actions or the consequences of those actions..

The legal world sucks sometimes.
No ones perfect. Everyone makes mistakes. The issue is how outdated policies currently are.

The government allow and disallow what can be made readily available and what cant.

Ive said it a million times and il say it again people need to be educated rather than judged on what they smoke drink or use.

I don't know if you're serious. But I am presuming you are.

You do realise drug addiction can stem from issues outside the control of a person? Some people are born into unfortunate homes. Sometimes, tragedies can warp a whole person. This can lead to substance abuse. I don't see how this is the fault of an individual.

But of course, a lot of people do drugs through their own choosing. I can't fault that. The education is there.

I'm seventeen and I've read up on most of the drugs I could possibly come across. I know things that will bring out the narc and I'll shun. But I'm enticed by certain drugs - I find their effects interesting. I think a lot of young people are like this. The internet is such a valuable tool. It can't give you a good or bad trip, but it can definitely help (a lot).

Some of the world's greatest thinkers, writers, artists used drugs - from states of addiction to recreational usage. I can't say MDMA or LSD are bad nor good. It's dependent on so many variables. It's like everything. When used with respect, they can open up your perspective. If you show little respect, regard, or safety, there are obvious repercussions.

Anyway... I don't know how to say this... but how does smoking weed go at University? Especially for someone on campus. Is it relatively easy to find a connection?

I agree with old skool. Consider you age and stage of development before you try anything.

Fair proportion of the blame would have to go to the parents of younger drug addicts/takers as well.
Anyway, you're fighting a losing battle in this thread. There's enough ****wits in here that will attempt to justify this pathetic habit with bullshit medical evidence and the rights and wrongs of being in control of their own judgement.
Surprised the thread has gone on for this long, obviously more drug ****ed losers in the world than I assumed.
Carry on.

Heres one of many sheeps that we unfortunately have to come across.

Heres one of many sheeps that we unfortunately have to come across.

Because I don't need to resort to getting an illegal and artificial high because my life's not as pathetic and meaningless without drugs?
You're such a rebel.

Ive said it a million times and il say it again people need to be educated rather than judged on what they smoke drink or use.

For those inclined there's far better educational material online than any of the bullshit propaganda the govt passes off as 'education'.

Which is part of the problem imo (assuming we're considering drug use a problem), kids are bombarded with ridiculously over the top scare campaigns so when they finally do try a pill and don't drop dead or experience one of the other numerous horrors they've been warned about they start to realise anti-drug campaigns are ridiculously one-sided propaganda so they pay them no respect.

That's not the way to educate people, open and frank discussion is, but unfortunately that could involve having to admit there's actually positives to moderate drug use so we're never going to see it.

Another angle..

The fact that it is illegal doesn't seem to bother anyone?:rolleyes:

Whether it should or shouldn't be isn't the argument...

...the fact that it IS illegal, is the point.......so not only are drug users doing something that is NOT good for them long term, they also obviously don't mind breaking the law as well, just to do something THEY want to do!!

Because I don't need to resort to getting an illegal and artificial high because my life's not as pathetic and meaningless without drugs?
You're such a rebel.

Chill out mate. You don't do the anti-drug stance any favours by coming in dripping bile like that.

Neither does constantly ramming home the 'illegal' part like that's the be-all and end-all of the argument. Some people are capable of judging morality without relying on governments as if they have some divine mandate of right and wrong from the gods. There's all sorts of morally evil s**t you can legally do if you're in the right country with the right govt setting the laws.

If I've got two guys in front of me and one of them is running around town cheating on his wife while the other is a devoted family man who likes to puff on a joint at night I know which one I think is morally in the wrong, even if the law doesn't think so.

Another angle..

...the fact that it IS illegal, is the point.......so not only are drug users doing something that is NOT good for them long term, they also obviously don't mind breaking the law as well, just to do something THEY want to do!!

See my next post.

I'd rather live my life as a morally good person than concern myself with silly laws that have more to do with complex political issues than basic right and wrong.

If I lived in another country I could take an 11 year old bride. Would you be happy with that just because it was legal? If the answer is no then you yourself are admitting that laws shouldn't always govern our morality.

I knew you would respond, as soon as I saw we posted at the same time..

My point is the mere fact something is illegal....as I said whether it should be is another matter..

Boring and square as I might seem, but if I KNOW something is illegal, I dont do it.....simple as that..

..but a lot of people seem not to let the detail of "against the law/illegal" worry them at all, and go along their merry way, doing whatever the hell they like.....stuff the rules!

You're such a rebel.

You sum up my point perfectly. The generalization of your post reflects poorly on your intellect and knowledge of this issue.

I wonder how artificial alcohol is?

Its not as if watching a drunk person at a party lying on the floor in a backyard with a stubby in their hand pathetic. Isnt it. Just cause its legal.
I suppose youd assume gambling is okay also cause its allowed.

Youve had input into this thread twice recently and youve added nothing. You werent wanted here last time and with your troll like posts im not sure your value is worthy in the future.

For those inclined there's far better educational material online than any of the bullshit propaganda the govt passes off as 'education'.

Which is part of the problem imo (assuming we're considering drug use a problem), kids are bombarded with ridiculously over the top scare campaigns so when they finally do try a pill and don't drop dead or experience one of the other numerous horrors they've been warned about they start to realise anti-drug campaigns are ridiculously one-sided propaganda so they pay them no respect.

That's not the way to educate people, open and frank discussion is, but unfortunately that could involve having to admit there's actually positives to moderate drug use so we're never going to see it.

Exactly. Were a nanny state and that wont change for a while.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another angle..

Governments have no place in regulating the nervous system of an adult human being. It's none of their business. Period.

My body is mine. It is not the property of Ted Baillieu and the Liberal Party or Rob Hulls and the Labor Party. I am no-one's slave.

Governments are supposed to be our servants, not our masters.

The 51% have decided to be servants and sold the other 49% in to bondage in the process.

What about marijuana and mushrooms? They come naturally to the earth.

FERRIS wants the right to live a drug free life.......................and the right to DEMAND you do the same.

Folks like FERRIS and MacMum need to understand that democracy has no place in this issue.

FERRIS wants the right to live a drug free life.......................and the right to DEMAND you do the same.

Folks like FERRIS and MacMum need to understand that democracy has no place in this issue.

They are the type of folk that believe its okay to eat fast food every day because its legal.
Even though it may kill you. And it will.
Cant stand narrow-minded people.

My point is the mere fact something is illegal....as I said whether it should be is another matter..

'Whether it should be'... isn't this something any conscientious citizen should weigh up before they blindly obey any law?

History is littered with tragedy resulting from unquestioning citizens blindly obeying the govt just because they're the govt and therefore must know best.

Sounds overly dramatic in this case I know, but the point still stands. The government isn't always right - and if everyone acted as if they were human society would have barely advanced in the last thousand years.

Boring and square as I might seem, but if I KNOW something is illegal, I dont do it.....simple as that..

Don't you though? If you're honest?

Never jaywalked? Ever? Really?

Never recorded music off the radio when you were younger? Never taped movies off tv?

If you've genuinely never broken a law, congratulations, you're probably up there with... s**t... I honestly can't think of one historical figure who never broke a single law. Even Jesus was a terrible criminal by his day's standards (if you're that way inclined).

What is that supposed to mean?
That he is going to die.

Well.. Got sucked into smoking herb again this weekend... Absolutely hated it! Smoked a few spliffs, few bongs and before you know it Im barely standing, got killer headspins (no spin, hate tobacco) and major headaches.

Forgot weed can rock you if you aint had it for a while!

That he is going to die.

C'mon now, non drug users are immortal.

Well.. Got sucked into smoking herb again this weekend... Absolutely hated it! Smoked a few spliffs, few bongs and before you know it Im barely standing, got killer headspins (no spin, hate tobacco) and major headaches.

Forgot weed can rock you if you aint had it for a while!

Don't smoke anything, especially tobacco.

If it were legal to do so, and I chose to do it, then I would eat cannabis.

U ARE old skool.

Get on vaporisers!

Im getting a portable auto electric one for xmas!

Cannabis is extremely nutritional.

C'mon now, non drug users are immortal.

Don't smoke anything, especially tobacco.

If it were legal to do so, and I chose to do it, then I would eat cannabis.

There was a great two hour doco on the History Channel about the pro's and con's of legalising weed a few weeks back. Some very valid points were made both pro and against. It was an American based documentary.

One of the more interesting things was mixing weed into everyday food itmes to use as theraupeutic purposes.

A couple of people were baking all sorts of things for their home and distributing the produce to various cafes for sale. It was amazing, they had weed infused popcorn, cookies, chocolate - all properly packaged as well.

Apparently consuming weed is much safer than smoking it (obviously due to the harmful effects of smoking on the lungs and the associated systemic effects).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back