Collingw2010d

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 1, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
The exers
AFL.com.au said:
GEELONG might struggle to make the finals, let alone win the premiership, former Western Bulldogs captain Luke Darcy says.

Darcy told AFL.com.au's Access All Areas that the Cats might well be "under the pump" in the final rounds to qualify for the top eight.

Geelong has a 7-5 record after its six-point loss to the Swans at the SCG on Friday night. In the final 10 rounds they face each of the other seven teams currently in the eight (Collingwood, Essendon, Adelaide, Hawthorn, West Coast, St Kilda, Sydney Swans).

"They won 110 games out of 131 - I think it's the most successful period any team has ever had - (so I'm) very reluctant to write off a side of that quality," Darcy said.

"Are they going to win it again this year? Sitting here right now I’d say no. History says it's almost impossible from outside the top four.

"(But) they'll be in the final eight and look out - you wouldn't want to play them (in the finals)."

Darcy also said Collingwood and West Coast had put "a little bit of a gap" between them and the rest of the field, with the Magpies' best being "slightly better" than the other contenders.
I usually don't agree with Luke Darcy, but he makes a good point about them come finals. They won't win it, but they'll get into the preliminary finals, easy.

What do you make of this, is their "dynasty" really done and dusted? They have to wait another 44 years or another 44 games?

lol, Collyflogs go top of the table and are even starting to sing (former Western Bulldogs captain) Luke Darcy's praises now. :oops:

One minute Darcy doesn't know s**t from clay then in another he's a footy brain?

Geelong don't look as dominating as they were for the last 5 years, but I wouldn't write them off. Whilst another flag might be out of reach, they can still shape the finals should they make it.

It's an even year... they'll suck, but return to troll the s**t out of all of us next year

It's an even year... they'll suck, but return to troll the s**t out of all of us next year
Third time's the lucky charm, this is their last year to make any real impact before they take a couple of vacations in September.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A couple of vacations? You're being generous there. I would have though a couple of generations.
They will be back in finals action but will fail as usual, they're in for another 44 year drought LOL

How many threads do we need about this? Every man and his dog predicts Geelong to drop off, for at least 3 years now I might add, then when it happens everyone acts surprised?

**** it's nice to know how buttfrustrated Geelong have made you over the last 5 years.

Just like with Norf relocating/folding, one of these years, the prediction will be correct.

They will be back in finals action but will fail as usual, they're in for another 44 year drought LOL
A bit like your 32 yr drought wasn't it??? Thank God for Lethal Leigh. Then u had to wait another twenty years to get lucky and it still took you two weeks to do it. At least the cats made up for it with 3 premierships in 5 years. Lol

A bit like your 32 yr drought wasn't it??? Thank God for Lethal Leigh. Then u had to wait another twenty years to get lucky and it still took you two weeks to do it. At least the cats made up for it with 3 premierships in 5 years. Lol
44 years is worse than 32 years. Here's another thing you may not know about numbers, 15 premierships is better than 9/10(?) :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back