EFC players: Comfortable satisfaction not reached.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
that is not a shambles actually.

why do you think paper shredders were invented?

paper shredders, kerosene, and a match ;)

thems good governance. and an integrity officer at each club. with a personal shredder.
Don't forget the dog ate my homework.

Tania Hird launching the David Jones Clearance sale at the Melbourne Bourke Street store just a few minutes ago

wpfjexn.png

You can't blame the players for what the club did to them, though. They trusted the club, doctors, and managers. The players never had the intent to be injected with illegal drugs. So yeah, why shouldn't we be comfortable with this verdict?

This didn't clear Dank, Hird, or Essendon. Just the players.
I certainly can blame them. They have clear obligations to stay clean and they're constantly educated on that. As far as we're aware, not a single player followed process or questioned it with the authorities. Ignorance is not an excuse

How can an investigation go on for over 2 years and this verdict happen?

Because never had a ground to stand on.

ASADA's case is now revealed as an even bigger bluff as to how quickly a unanimous was made not in their favor.

They now need to save face and move the f on.

They had to years - ain't nothing else gonna come along in 24 hours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You can't blame the players for what the club did to them, though. They trusted the club, doctors, and managers. The players never had the intent to be injected with illegal drugs. So yeah, why shouldn't we be comfortable with this verdict?

This didn't clear Dank, Hird, or Essendon. Just the players.
The way the rules work is that yes, you can blame the players. They are responsible for what goes into their bodies.

If Dank gets done for supplying stuff they can't quite prove players took, where will we be then?

Oh , you sure got me with your awesome link about a needle there mate.

Wondering why we/no other club endured the same as Essendon?

The answer is simple- No other clubs were stupid enough to buy their supplements from dodgy doctors probably purchased in thai alleyways, and then decided to not document it.

It has nothing to do with the fact there are injections happening by medico's at football clubs.

Your mindset, is exactly what the problem is with Essendon supporters. Reusing to admit your darling coach did anything wrong.

ASADA's case is now revealed as an even bigger bluff as to how quickly a unanimous was made not in their favor.

You make it sound like they all got together at 2:00pm today to deliberate and make a final decision :$

You were guilty. Of not keeping records on what was administered to your players. The ruling didn't say Essendon players didn't receive TB4 - just that there was not enough evidence for a conviction to stick. If EFC had kept proper records, none of this would have occurred in the first place (assuming everything administered to the players was legal).

The lack of evidence is evidence enough. As if a legal program would have failed to have been documented.

What a shambles.

In the case of fair justice, that's how it is. Your opposite thinking is based on no evidence and is more flawed - assumption.

Got a problem with Australia's (and the rest of the Western world's) justice system?

Take it up with that half of the world.

And the standard of evidence wasn't even "beyond reasonable doubt" like it should be.

It was "comfortable satisfaction", and Essendon was still found not guilty.
The players were found 'not guilty'. Essendon are guilty and have copped their punishment

Hird sold his house!

Surely that isn't all you've got to say.
You haven't been this shy before.
Might I suggest a simple admission that you got it horribly wrong, and should have had more tolerance for Essendon supporters' views, which have now been upheld by an AFL tribunal

hopefully it is by tomorrow morning when we find out if ASADA will appeal

There's more than one appeal left in this I think. Doesn't finish with if ASADA appeal the verdict or not.

Hird's name has been tainted because of this as well, his been out of a job for a year. I'm not very much up to date on legal stuff but is there grounds for legal appeal against the AFL from him? Not sure if he has grounds for unfair dismissal in season 2014

I see a lot of posters pushing the "they got away with it" angle - I get it - but the actual facts are that the players have been found innocent of breaking the rules. I do think the club was wrong with what it was doing re: injections, but they got their whack already for that.

Find myself happy for the players - and looking forward to a non-hamstrung year of footy.

My my, that was a classy response.

I said I was done with the AFL. Not the WAFL, and my real team, Claremont.

Thanks, after all yours in the face of my posts on this board, it was the least i could do.

meanwhile this is not the WAFL board !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back