Travel EUROPE: Travel Tips & Tricks

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you wish to do the Christmas markets? highly recommend, Berlin, Budapest, Talinn, Brugge and Brussels. We travel every year. It didn't snow last year but mostly it does.
probably a couple, definitely Berlin as my partners brother lives there. would like to go back to Paris & Amsterdam as well but other than those two we have no idea. open to anything really

Some lucky people on here.

Unfortunately don't have the $$ to do a big trip at the moment but always dreaming and planning.

Appreciate what you get to do people

Would LOVE to visit Riga, Latvia as that is where my dad was born. Heard it's really nice and online looks good.

Any ideas of a good itenary for travelling through the Baltic areas as well as seeing a couple of the 'big name' European places on the way (Eng, Ger, Fra)

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

probably a couple, definitely Berlin as my partners brother lives there. would like to go back to Paris & Amsterdam as well but other than those two we have no idea. open to anything really
If you are going after the 20th, most bars and restaurants and attractions will remain closed as people go home for holidays. Christmas markets are an absolute must IMO

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's in Cesky Krumlov? Heard a few people mention it
Daytrip from Prague, close to the Austrian border, absolutely stunning. Never spent a night there but i plan to next month.

P.S Opps my bad, i read 'where'.

Nevermind. But the castles and the churches are stunning. The town itself is wonderful, for me it's an absolutely must do. I have been to Brno more than i have been to Prague though. Prague is great but is overrun by tourists, too much for my liking.

Last edited:
Have booked to do an Arctic cruise next year from Iceland to Greenland. Anybody else done one of these cruises? Insurance cost was horrible!

Have booked to do an Arctic cruise next year from Iceland to Greenland. Anybody else done one of these cruises? Insurance cost was horrible!

I did one down to Antarctica just prior to covid. For a keepsake purchase a nautical map of the area you're travelling and ask the captain/first mate to plot the course of your trip as they go. They'll happily do it and all sign it for you as well, makes for a cool souvenir.

Also there's plenty of packing lists around for Artic/Antarctic cruises however the two non negotiables are polarised sunglasses and waterproof pants for any land based expeditions.

Last edited:
I did one down to Antarctica just prior to covid. For a keepsake purchase a nautical map of the area you're travelling and ask the captain/first mate to plot the course of your trip as they go. They'll happily do it all sign it for you as well, makes for a cool souvenir.

Also there's plenty of packing lists around for Artic/Antarctic cruises however the two non negotiables are polarised sunglasses and waterproof pants for any land based expeditions.
Thanks so much for the advice!

If dirty and run down makes a place s**t, then you’re pretty well limiting your travel locations. Most places in the world are run down and dirty. A lot of the time that can be part of the charm of a place.

One of the dullest places I’ve been is Vienna. Clean, curated, pristine - boring as F…
Vienna is the only European city I've been where three days was too many. Genuinely felt like I ran out of interesting s**t to do.

Looked like an excellent place to live though.

Vienna is the only European city I've been where three days was too many. Genuinely felt like I ran out of interesting s**t to do.

Looked like an excellent place to live though.

Cities where the Cathedral is the main attraction are usually worth just the 3 days.

Nothing wrong with Vienna, I just remember the city being white or grey with no real colour or personality about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back