Everton Fans Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not quite ahah,

He was back at Barca training today so it cannot be as close as many had hoped.
Players often train up to the very day they are signed by another club.

Hopefully he's at FF for a medical by midweek. He wouldn't start against Wolves anyway so hopefully it's done shortly.

Not quite ahah,

He was back at Barca training today so it cannot be as close as many had hoped.
He's going somewhere mate. They confirmed Vidal today so have 5 non-EU and are trying to get Coutinho in on a Portuguese passport.
That still leaves them 1 over the limit.

That would be a bit of a coup. Wages must be massive.

Lookman replacement?

I would imagine yes & Lookman will go after the English window shuts & the fee we expect for him of ~20m is what we will spend on a CB. Mina unlikely, Lille captain Soumaoro in talks apparently.

The rest will be loans, another CB & a CM that can run with the ball needed for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would imagine yes & Lookman will go after the English window shuts & the fee we expect for him of ~20m is what we will spend on a CB. Mina unlikely, Lille captain Soumaoro in talks apparently.

The rest will be loans, another CB & a CM that can run with the ball needed for me.
Imagine if we kept Lookman but sold Bolasie and Sandro.

Richarlison, Lookman, Walcott and Bernard as our options on the wings, that an attack that’d give us.

Transfer deadline day is here. Discuss.

*Bernard had his medical, should be announced early in the day.
*Mina apparently agreed to according to Spanish sources, would just need a medical if true
*Zouma in on loan - will be happy with that as ideally we need 2 more centre backs
*various links to centre mids on loan such as Gomes, Drinkwater & N’Diaye - would take on loan in that order, N’Diaye seems it would be a purchase but not what we need so hopefully no truth in that
*Welbeck on loan linked, probably nothing in it but would only happen if Sandro leaves

Ideally I’d like to get Bernard, Mina & Zouma all signed up and be pretty happy with the squad going into the season.

Add a CM if Besic is allowed to leave, which I think will happen. Not against him staying though.
Only add a striker if Sandro or Niasse leaves, Sandro more likely but doubt there’s much interest. Strikes me as the type that if he can just snag a goal, he’d look like a totally different player & gain confidence to improve on.

Still likely to have some outgoings, mostly loans I would imagine but maybe not today as lower league clubs can still loan players:

Bolasie - 2 players brought in to his position, likely to leave. Happy to sell & cut our losses, or loan for a fee & get some wages off the books for now.
Lookman - think he’ll be off by the end of the window
Besic - I have a feeling he’ll go back to Boro, will be or lead to permanent move if he goes
Pennington - will go off on loan again
Connolly/Browning/Galloway - could be loaned or be sold

Personally would like to loan Baningime, DCL & Davies to a championship team and let them develop with consistent game time for a full season, but unsure any of that will happen. Same for Holgate but only if we bring in 2 CB’s, otherwise he’d be in my first team anyway.

...............Pickford

Coleman...Mina...Zouma/Keane...Digne

.................Gana

..............Sigurdsson

Walcott.....Bernard.....Richarlison

................Tosun

Stek, Zouma/Keane, Baines, Schneiderlin, Lookman/Dowell, Niasse, Sandro

Holgate, Jags, Besic, Davies, DCL all around the first team as well if still around.

Edit - lineup is what I’d like to see against Wolves, but not what I’ll expect. Holgate currently injured but hard to find out details

I'm so sleep deprived, whenever I have woken up this week I have found myself checking twitter to see if we have signed anyone, yet they once again leave it to the final day.
Can't imagine i'll have a great sleep tonight, I'll be checking my phone all night.

I'm so sleep deprived, whenever I have woken up this week I have found myself checking twitter to see if we have signed anyone, yet they once again leave it to the final day.
Can't imagine i'll have a great sleep tonight, I'll be checking my phone all night.

Legit woken up at 1:30am the last 2 nights, window closes at midnight my time but any deal sheets get until 2am..no doubt one way or another I’ll be up lol

I’ll just have Talksport playing on the TuneIn app all night as I go to bed. Their deadline day coverage is great, as they constantly cross to various reporters around the country for updates. Jim White is close to Moshiri and has the inside word regarding Everton dealings, so he’s worth a listen.

So many wheels in motion, here’s hoping they’re all completed.

I’ve been doing some research into Gomes, there’s been plenty of players who aren’t up to the Barca standard but can still become very good players. In saying that I’ve been reading a Barca forum and their fans really don’t rate him.

I think it makes a loan a very smart idea, especially with an option to buy. If he does indeed do really well we can purchase him if not nothing’s lost.

So many wheels in motion, here’s hoping they’re all completed.

I’ve been doing some research into Gomes, there’s been plenty of players who aren’t up to the Barca standard but can still become very good players. In saying that I’ve been reading a Barca forum and their fans really don’t rate him.

I think it makes a loan a very smart idea, especially with an option to buy. If he does indeed do really well we can purchase him if not nothing’s lost.

Agreed, it’s not as urgent of a position to sign somebody as a CB or two is. Loan for us is a low risk, high reward

Remove this Banner Ad

Back